Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Debate and Forensics Tourny
    #285727 - 09/24/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well time to go away for the weekend.

I might make it to finals this weekend so I'm a little excite; just wish I didn't have to hide my habit from my coach.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

Re: Debate and Forensics Tourny [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #285953 - 09/24/09 10:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i had friends on that club in highschool....
it was like one massive orgy...

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Debate and Forensics Tourny [Re: Tripp420]
    #285975 - 09/24/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

oh shit son.  You better come back and tell us your topics and arguments.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

Re: Debate and Forensics Tourny [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #285976 - 09/24/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yhea...
im curious to see what your focus is....

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Debate and Forensics Tourny [Re: Tripp420]
    #285981 - 09/24/09 11:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeah good luck. and yeah you better bring back some fucking details or your ass is dead :mad2:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Debate and Forensics Tourny [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #287172 - 09/27/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Home finally!

The "Resolutions" of each round (or topics of the round) were.

1.) The United States Federal Government should Significantly increase use of Renewable Energy.
(I was the opposition and the Proposition team made a case that said we should pass a law where the military would be forced to use Algae Based Bio diesel.)
Won this round.

2.) The United States Federal Government should alter regulations for Performance enhancing drugs.
(I was the Proposition this round and the Case I made was that there should be a Federal agent assigned to every professional sports team in America that would insure that Athletes only used drugs approved by the FDA and only an amount that is appropriate for their body.) Won this round.

3.) This house believes the best offense is a good defense.
(I was the proposition this round and I changed the resolution into The National Football League believes the best offense is a good defensive team.)
Won this round.

4.) The United States Federal Government should reinstate The Cash For Clunkers Program. (I was Opposition this round - and it is rather obvious what the government team was forced to do)
Lost this round. (I dont get how we lost honestly, which pisses me off because we were one win away from making it to finals.)

5.) The United States Federal Government should allow financial compensation for organ donation. (I was the Opposition this round and the proposition's plan for this was to allow the federal government to pay for medical bills related to donation of an organ for the donor and the one donating the organ. As a side note they were going to fund this by adding a 2 cent tax to every roll of toilet paper)
Lost this round - (We lost because we could not think of any arguments that were about the case. Instead we argued about how the case would cause people to go to tax exempt businesses and use the bathroom there, there would be massive immigration to America due to the increased number of available organs, and how this would cause the four horsemen of the apocalypse to appear.)

This was my first collegiate level Varsity/Open experience so a 3/2 record is really good since everyone who has done debate in college more than a single year is forced to be in Varsity/Open so I was going against people that have been doing debate for 2+ years. I like it because this is the first time me and my current partner have ever debated together, and we had a winning record. (until this year I had debated with the same person for 3 years; 2 in high school and one in college.)

Oh and we smoked with some random college students we found at the hotel, and saw a chick take her top off at the pool in the hotel. (we were at the pool, she was in her room and flashed us.)

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #287237 - 09/27/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

2.) The United States Federal Government should alter regulations for Performance enhancing drugs.
(I was the Proposition this round and the Case I made was that there should be a Federal agent assigned to every professional sports team in America that would insure that Athletes only used drugs approved by the FDA and only an amount that is appropriate for their body.) Won this round.

What!?!  That's crazy talk. 

3.) This house believes the best offense is a good defense.
(I was the proposition this round and I changed the resolution into The National Football League believes the best offense is a good defensive team.)
Won this round.

:lol:

5.) The United States Federal Government should allow financial compensation for organ donation. (I was the Opposition this round and the proposition's plan for this was to allow the federal government to pay for medical bills related to donation of an organ for the donor and the one donating the organ. As a side note they were going to fund this by adding a 2 cent tax to every roll of toilet paper)
Lost this round - (We lost because we could not think of any arguments that were about the case. Instead we argued about how the case would cause people to go to tax exempt businesses and use the bathroom there, there would be massive immigration to America due to the increased number of available organs, and how this would cause the four horsemen of the apocalypse to appear.)

That's an issue just like prohibition of prostitution and drugs. 

This was my first collegiate level Varsity/Open experience so a 3/2 record is really good since everyone who has done debate in college more than a single year is forced to be in Varsity/Open so I was going against people that have been doing debate for 2+ years. I like it because this is the first time me and my current partner have ever debated together, and we had a winning record. (until this year I had debated with the same person for 3 years; 2 in high school and one in college.)

I didn't realize colleges had anything less than varsity squads.  What school do you go to and what school were you visiting?  I hope it wasn't Friends University in Wichita.  :lol:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Debate and Forensics Tourny [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #287238 - 09/27/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

weekend wasnt a complete failure :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Debate and Forensics Tourny [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #287272 - 09/27/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

College Debate is a lot different from high school debate. Most high school debate programs are a version know as CX debate or cross examination debate.
In college it requires no evidence; In high school you need a printed copy of your evidence.
You get a different resolution/topic every round; In high school there is a single national resolution that every team uses.
You are allowed to ask points of clarification during a constructive speech (The name of the first four speeches in witch you introduce any evidence you find as relevant); In high school there was a one or two minute long period of cross examination to ask any question you wanted after each constructive speech.

The differences are countless, but I don't want to list it all. The reason there is a First year (Novice) level is because it makes you feel like a fish out of water. (I hardly understood debate in high school, because essentially the entire team used one single case that the best debater was able to write.) Learning to prepare for the resolution in only 15 minutes of prep time is a lot different than looking up evidence all year long for a single resolution.

I go to Neosho County in the CC, and it was in Hutchinson Community College. There is no Division 1 or Division 2 so community colleges and universities compete together in the same tournaments, the main difference between Community College and University teams are that University teams compete almost every week, but community colleges don't have the budget for that.

There were 27 different varsity squads at the tournament, but only 7 in novice.

--------------------

OfflineTripp420
WAT?
Male User Gallery

#288020 - 09/28/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well...
politics is politics....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom