Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetom mix
Stranger
how to make best of what i have
    #285266 - 09/23/09 06:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i have a 3x3 space painted flat white, have about 5 feet above top of pot, 400 watt lamp mh and sodium, made my first grow few months ago it is now in the flower stage, just a few brown things,started the  flowering at 20 inches,, plant looks great lots of white stuff, i took 2 clones when it was in the grow stage one died the other is in soil now 4inch pot, just checked the roots time to move to larger pot, looks like the big plant will be ready when the clone is ready for big pot, plan to do lot more clones this time, used small rock wool cubes, have fan to remove hot air from room, try to give as much info as possible, i flushed the plant 2 weeks ago, not much leaves on plant all dieing, it in a 1.5 gal pot, now the question how do i get the most out of this set up, that one plant looks lonely in there, I know a about growing things treated this just like my tomatoes for 50 years     

thanks, hope i made things clear

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: how to make best of what i have [Re: tom mix]
    #285273 - 09/23/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

a picture is worth a thousand words

but what I get out of this is that.

1. you have one healthy plant that is flowering,

How long has it been flowering, how are the buds looking ?

2. your clones are all pretty much dead

I dont really know what your asking here, how to make the most of that one plant

or how to get new clones so you dont have to start new seeds to grow more plants ?

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #285283 - 09/23/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tom mix said:

thanks, hope i made things clear

um...complete sentences would go a long way in this respect.

First of all welcome to the Growery!

In a 3x3 space I wouldn't do more than 3-5 plants, if you want to really boost your yield, do a search on this site for ScROG methods.  This will be especially useful for single plant, or very few plant grows in limited space. 
Beyond that, I gotta say, it is very difficult to understand your stream of consciousness post; if you'll come back and clarify exactly what you want to know, it'll help us to answer your questions.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how to make best of what i have [Re: 81renaissance]
    #285294 - 09/23/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, the scrog will help you maximize yield with a single plant.  Here is a good thread on that. 

Here is also a good log that a guy did.  He got 1 lb out of one plant under one 400w plant.  it sounds like a similar situation to yours, given your space and equipment.  Keep in mind he was using a plant that has been bred to have a high yield.  Chronic.  I've been wanting to try to replicate that grow of his.  Maybe in the new year.  Good luck and welcome to the site!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinetom mix
Stranger
Re: how to make best of what i have [Re: 81renaissance]
    #285297 - 09/23/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

have one good clone,what i realy want to know what can i get in that space you say 3 to 5 plants of the size i have now in the same size pots, everthing is fine for this one plant, i plan on cloneing what i can get in there, i plan on growing this clone i have now and getting my new clones from it

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #285310 - 09/23/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So do you have two separate spaces?  One for veg and one for flowering?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #285313 - 09/23/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The answer to this question is: you can put as many plants in a 3x3 space as there is room for pots.
So if you have 10" pots, you can put 9 plants in there.
If you have 8" pots, you can put 16 plants in there.
Common sense really.
If you do that though, you need to train the plants a lot so as to maximize the yield of your small plants.
Look into SOG, ScROG, Supercropping, LST, Topping, etc and figure out what method will work best.
I personally (and there are those out there who would disagree) would do FEWER plants, in BIGGER containers, and use a ScROG method.
Hope that answers the question.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinetom mix
Stranger
Re: how to make best of what i have [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #285363 - 09/23/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yes the clone is young about 5  inchs tall, its under 2 40 watt fluorescent going in the 3x3 room as soon as i take out whats in there,will start it under 250 watt MH

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds