Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineupinsmoke
Stranger

growing tips
    #250058 - 07/16/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i am currently looking into different strains to purchase and i have come across a certain strain that i liked called dutch passion "blueberry" now its an indoor and there (fem) but i was wondering if anyone had a suggestion to a specific soil and lighting system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing tips [Re: upinsmoke]
    #250094 - 07/16/09 04:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Try this method.

Seriously though, you have to build a grow that is suited to your space/needs/goals/etc.  We can't really help if you don't know what you want, or if you don't share the above with the community.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (07/16/09 04:36 PM)

Offlinegrogan
 User Gallery

Re: growing tips [Re: 81renaissance]
    #252174 - 07/21/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Lighting depends on your space, needs, cash etc. Soil is the same.. do you want cheap half ass results or intelligent superior ones at a fair price.. you need more specifics on your limits before you can go anywhere.

Offlinekibantik
Stranger
Re: growing tips [Re: grogan]
    #263482 - 08/11/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'll throw in a more specific request for myself here instead of starting a new thread.

I'm going to be building a small, stealth indoor grow box (about 2ft x 2ft x 3ft). It will have a door, be lightproof, and disguised as a piece of furniture.

I know that I want to grow using soil as my medium, as it will be my first grow. I also only want to grow one plant, as it will just be for personal use for the fiance and myself.

Can anyone link me to a guide or FAQ for a small grow like this? I have tried searching through the FAQs and forums, but I'm still sort of new here and haven't quite figured out how to find everything yet.

Thanks in advance.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing tips [Re: kibantik]
    #263513 - 08/11/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

With a single plant I recommend a SCROG method to increase your yields: very effective.  Search SCROG here, and you should find the info you need.

I recommend an organic soil grow just because its kind of noob friendly, and if possible you can save space in your box by making a 2ft by 2ft bed that is only 1ft tall...that will give your plant some extra headspace to grow.  I personally think you're pushing it with only three feet of height, but I've seen smaller, just make SURE it is an indica dom strain that produces squatty plants.
Also with limited headspace, look into either high output fluorescent or CFL lighting, because cooling that space if you have an HPS or MH system will be a BITCH!

I don't have an FAQ link handy, but keep asking those specific questions in this thread and the gang and I will definitely be happy to help! :thumbup:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (08/11/09 06:46 PM)

Offlinekibantik
Stranger
Re: growing tips [Re: 81renaissance]
    #263518 - 08/11/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely be growing a bushy indica, or doing low-stress training (LST) for a sativa. I may increase the height to 42" or even 48", but then it becomes more and more conspicuous.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing tips [Re: kibantik]
    #263521 - 08/11/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

SCROG is a form of LST it stands for screen of green, but IMHO it is the BEST way to maximize yield for a single plant grow.
Also, are you getting a clone or seeds?  If you get seeds either get fem seeds or plan on germinating a few to make sure you get a female.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Edited by 81renaissance (08/11/09 06:52 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: growing tips [Re: upinsmoke]
    #263545 - 08/11/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the Growery!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinekibantik
Stranger
Re: growing tips [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #263780 - 08/12/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'll be getting seeds and starting this project up seriously after I move in the coming weeks. I'll definitely be going the feminized route to safe time and headaches.

Found a big FAQ on the SCROG (Scrog Bible - http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/202338#202338) and I am reading through that. If there are any other great links anyone has off-hand, that would be awesome. :smile:

Thanks for the welcome and help so far!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds