Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecalientepocket
Female

multiple sclerosis
    #262500 - 08/09/09 11:44 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

been trying to figure out what this is, i'm miserable.

After years of experiencing numerous symptoms I have just within the past week started to look at MS. After reading quite a bit I am now curious that issues that began years ago could be related to current problems.

In 2005 was the first time I noticed numbness & tingling in my feet. It wasn't happening all the time, but often enough that it bothered me. It seemed to happen at random times, but was worse if it was cold and hurt so bad sometimes! Over the years this has continued, but I've always just attributed it to having bad circulation in my feet. Then just last weekend I started experiencing it in my hands as well and it started happening more and more, several time throughout the day. The other night it felt like my entire left arm was going numb, mostly up to my elbow. It is still bothering me as of right now, up to my elbow. It's a dull numb feeling, but it's stronger at my elbow. I also have been having a stabbing feeling in my shoulder that I do not know if is related.

In addition to my left elbow bothering me, I have also had some very dull pain in my right knee. My arms feel heavy all the time, last night I couldn't even carry my purse it was just too much weight on top of how heavy my arms felt. I sometimes get a pulsing sensation in my arms as well, sometimes my hands twitch.

Another problem is my back pain. I can't say for exactly how long it's been an issue, but for at least 6 years. Recently it's been worse; it's a dull pain, which started out just every once in a while but has become so frequent that it's bothering me more often that it's not. It's a tolerable pain, but it's getting worse. I don't know how to describe the pain, its like someone is twisting my spine. In my lower back I've been getting a burning feeling and the pain goes up to my neck & shoulders. The feeling in my neck is a strained, tired feeling, like my head is too heavy to hold up.

Other problems I've experienced are very irregular bowels, but this has also been attributed to my travels. I haven't had any normalcy in my bowels since I went to Costa Rica in 2007. Last summer (2008) I started noticing blue and red spots sometimes, especially when I watched TV, and I've noticed them a few time recently. My vision has also gotten drastically worse over the past 6 months, but this could be because I don't wear my glasses all the time like I am supposed to.

I'm just really confused with what all these problems may be. At this point the pain I have is tolerable, but I am experiencing it on a near constant basis. I'm hoping that whatever this ends up being, I can get the pain and the numbness to go away, it's starting to make life miserable.

My boyfriend has been trying to get me to go to the doc all week, but I was just going to wait til my appt on the 10th. After barely being able to cheer for my team last night and the immense pain I am in now (squeezing feeling around my ribcage, pinching pain at the base of my spine that is shooting up my spine and my arms feeling like they weigh 50 pounds) I've decided to go into urgent care today. I've been trying to keep track of all my aches and problems today, its just that they dont stop. I'm dreading going to the doctor, but my boyfriend is going to come with me and I have to do something about this pain, just sitting here I feel miserable. So hopefully by the end of the day I'll be on my way to figuring out what is causing all this pain.

After I wrote the above I went to the doctor, here is what I wrote after the dr. appt.

Thursday, spent 3.5 hours at Urgent Care to find out I don't have mono, everything else is normal (except slightly low potassium) and the results of some other test on my thyroid won't be in until sometime today. The dr. told me to go home and get some rest and talk to my pcp on Monday during my scheduled physical. He told me to take Tylenol or Advil for the pain. Well today I already feel worse. The pain I was having in my left arm yesterday is now in both arms, accompanied by a sensation I can imagine feels like if all my bones turned to goo. (I first thought of Harry Potter, when he breaks his arm & one of the professors removes the bones. It was hard to just hold my arm up to drive.) In addition my left pinky and once the ring finger have had little twitching fits this morning. I don't know what I can do but wait this out til Monday when I go see my dr., but it's such a pain!

Pain has become more frequent, but still intermittent. Most is in my elbows and back, also in thumbs, wrist. The squeezing that goes across my back and wraps around my chest is the worst.

Thank you for reading this, and if you have anything to share, please do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: calientepocket]
    #262502 - 08/09/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Is the pain in your lower back or upper back?
Do you have any pain in your abdomen? If so what side?
Do Tylonol or Advil work for the pain?(which one if they do)
Have you been really stressed about anything recently?
Do you have high blood pressure normally?
Do you have constant diharea?
I'm an EMT these are just a few of my questions answer those and I will ask you more.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: Triptonic]
    #262513 - 08/10/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, i never knew!?!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #262515 - 08/10/09 12:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ha ha yea....I try to keep it on the DL. I'm sure smoking and working in my line of work isn't looked upon too greatly by hospitals. But I will say one thing I got a 3.8 GPA the whole time I was taking classes to become an EMT and I was high as hell most of the time. I dropped out of (high)school my junior year and started smoking. I contribute me passing those classes in college to smoking. It kept me interested in helping people. I've seen some fucked up stuff. Probably why I have anxiety :shrug:.

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
    #262517 - 08/10/09 12:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

u got emt status without a HS diploma?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: Coaster]
    #262519 - 08/10/09 12:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have a HS diploma but I got it in a really weird way through a community college. I ended up graduating before my class.

Offlinecalientepocket
Female

#262599 - 08/10/09 08:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
Is the pain in your lower back or upper back?
Do you have any pain in your abdomen? If so what side?
Do Tylonol or Advil work for the pain?(which one if they do)
Have you been really stressed about anything recently?
Do you have high blood pressure normally?
Do you have constant diharea?
I'm an EMT these are just a few of my questions answer those and I will ask you more.

Pain is both in lower and upper back. It's often a pinching type feeling, from my lower back sometimes it seems to shoot up my spine.  The pain around my upper back is like a squeezing feeling.  I have taken advil, but no help.  My blood pressure has always been normal.  Diarrhea is pretty common, I often have loose stools.

Thanks!

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#262668 - 08/10/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So pain is the major thing then? The Bowel problem could be something different.

You very well could have MS as it is more common in women. But I'm not a doctor so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I dont want you to get all worked up over nothing ya know? You could very well just have a pinched nerve in your back that is causing you some of these things. Although most likely the pinched nerve is in the C-spine (your neck) part. I Want you to tell me if you experience any of the following:

How old are you?
Numbness or weakness in one or more limbs, which typically occurs on one side of your body at a time or the bottom half of your body
Partial or complete loss of vision, usually in one eye at a time, often with pain during eye movement 
Double vision or blurring of vision
Tingling or pain in parts of your body
Electric-shock sensations that occur with certain head movements
Tremor, lack of coordination or unsteady gait
Fatigue
Dizziness
Most people with multiple sclerosis, particularly in the beginning stages of the disease, experience relapses of symptoms, which are followed by periods of complete or partial remission. Signs and symptoms of multiple sclerosis often are triggered or worsened by an increase in body temperature.

This was part of the Mayo Clinic's MS symptom checker.

OfflineMrsGrowGood
green goddess

#262737 - 08/10/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

YOu should be posting this on a medical forum website, where there will be professionals who can give you more educated advice (no offense meant to anyone here!!)
But this sounds serious, and you should talk to qualified people.
Maybe you should see a very REPUTABLE chiropractor and a good massage therapist, perhaps one who specializes in neuromuscular therapy.
This is what I would do in you shoes.
And... get a massage.  :goodluck:

--------------------
Look down at me and you'll see a fool. Look up at me and you'll see your god. Look straight at me and you'll see yourself.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: MrsGrowGood]
    #262740 - 08/10/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MrsGrowGood said:
YOu should be posting this on a medical forum website, where there will be professionals who can give you more educated advice (no offense meant to anyone here!!)
But this sounds serious, and you should talk to qualified people.
Maybe you should see a very REPUTABLE chiropractor and a good massage therapist, perhaps one who specializes in neuromuscular therapy.
This is what I would do in you shoes.
And... get a massage.  :goodluck:

Agreed I am by no means a doctor and do not claim to be. But it sounds like it could be serious. And you dont want to mess with stuff like that. Go get an MRI done. And call your doctor and tell him advil isnt helping.

Offlinecalientepocket
Female

#262934 - 08/10/09 07:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
So pain is the major thing then? The Bowel problem could be something different.

You very well could have MS as it is more common in women. But I'm not a doctor so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I dont want you to get all worked up over nothing ya know? You could very well just have a pinched nerve in your back that is causing you some of these things. Although most likely the pinched nerve is in the C-spine (your neck) part. I Want you to tell me if you experience any of the following:

How old are you?
Numbness or weakness in one or more limbs, which typically occurs on one side of your body at a time or the bottom half of your body
Partial or complete loss of vision, usually in one eye at a time, often with pain during eye movement 
Double vision or blurring of vision
Tingling or pain in parts of your body
Electric-shock sensations that occur with certain head movements
Tremor, lack of coordination or unsteady gait
Fatigue
Dizziness
Most people with multiple sclerosis, particularly in the beginning stages of the disease, experience relapses of symptoms, which are followed by periods of complete or partial remission. Signs and symptoms of multiple sclerosis often are triggered or worsened by an increase in body temperature.

This was part of the Mayo Clinic's MS symptom checker.

I'm 21.
I went to the Dr. this morning & informed him of my complaints. He thought maybe it could be reynauld's syndrome or a side-effect of adderall (which i don't take regularly).  He told me to stop taking the adderall and no alcohol or marijuana.  I got blood taken again. He is testing my potassium, SED Rate, ANA screen, Rheumatoid Factor, Immunofix Serum, Vitamin B12, Folate & a Syphilis Screen.
Other than that he told me to try advil for pain (even though I told him it doesn't help) and to try warm compresses when my limbs go numb. 
So yeah, I went to the pros and still no answers as I sit here with a numb left foot and a shooting pain up thru my right shoulder

OfflineNothing Is

#262939 - 08/10/09 07:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

When you went to the doctor did you say 'I'm afraid I  might have MS'?

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
    #262940 - 08/10/09 07:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

isn't reynauld's syndrome the thing you get when hands get numb really easy from the cold, or am i thinking of something else?

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: blunt master]
    #262943 - 08/10/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Its where your skin turns white and gets cold...and probably what you said. I dont know how the doc says you have that.

Offlinecalientepocket
Female

#262950 - 08/10/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

me either, i told him my feet only turn purple when it's pretty cold, otherwise its just numbness.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#262952 - 08/10/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ya they can turn purple as well. He might be right.

Offlinecalientepocket
Female

Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: Nothing Is]
    #263033 - 08/10/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Nothing Is said:

should i?  think that makes me sound paranoid.  though i am kinda paranoid but just sitting here feels like my back is all kinds of twisted and pain in my right elbow & knee

OfflineNothing Is

#263203 - 08/11/09 08:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

calientepocket said:
Quote:

Nothing Is said:

should i?  think that makes me sound paranoid.  though i am kinda paranoid but just sitting here feels like my back is all kinds of twisted and pain in my right elbow & knee

I thought that I might have had testicular cancer but I also thought I was being paranoid and jumping to the worst conclusion so I went to a doctor and told her my symptoms and she never mentioned cancer so I thought this shit is going to keep eating at me if I don't just tell her specifically what I was thinking so I did and she ruled it out right away and that made me feel tons better. I just said it like 'Doc, I know that I am probably paranoid and just jumping to the absolute worst conclusion but I have this fear that it might be testicular cancer...' and if I hadn't it would have kept gnawing at me. So yeah, if you're concerned enough to where it keeps lurking in your head and you're asking about it here, bring it up with your doctor. Open and honest communication is the key with doctors. They can't read your mind. Good luck and don't be embarrassed.

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: multiple sclerosis [Re: Nothing Is]
    #263459 - 08/11/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

^^^
that is good advice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom