Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelala124
Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix
    #25284 - 05/10/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ello mates. Rather than retype everything, Im gonna post a diary I have on another site and then just keep updating. Enjoy!

04/05/08

I have I think 8 Appalachia as seedlings, the Mystical Mix and the Flo x Columbia Black is on its way as we speak (Cheers). Using some organic potting mix and compost later on. No nutes.

Overview of the plants:

The empty waterbottles with the tops off serve as a greenhouse for the young plants to adapt.

My two strongest seedlings:

Both a bit bent atm from the soil germing process i began by the window.

04/12/08

Alrite mates an update. Ill let the pix speak for themselves.

http://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/574/A2.JPG
Overview. In the thing to the upper right, we have the Flo x C Black and the Mystical Mix. Had a few sprout today and will prolly wait a few more days to transplant to cups.

Strongest Appalachia.

Another strong 2 Appalachias and an odd growing slightly deformed Appalachia.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers.

04/16/08

Alright, as promised here are some pix of the soon to be ladies.

Two strongest with deformed. Leaves have almost a grassy bright green color. A bit light.

Bad side picture, but this one is actually pretty uniform in real life.

Top plant has deformed growth, bottom has deformed and weak stem. Both will most likely be chopped.

2 Flo x C Black Seedlings. Blurry picture but there are seedlings in both squares.

2 Mystical Mix Seedlings. The one on the left, is gonna be a keeper. I can just tell.

At the moment, only 3 or 4 of the Flo x C Blacks have sprouted and two of Mats, but I planted them a little deep, so I have no doubt more will be popping up anyday.

Cheers guys. All comments/criticisms gladly appreciated as always .

Lala

P.S. The past 3 days have been utterly beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. You can tell the little ones are really soaking it in. Im taking the "greenhouses" off most days unless its really windy then putting them back on at night.

05/01/08

Alright peeps, a very much needed update. Most of the plants arent too big as theyve just been transplanted to cups. Shoulda done it earlier but had exams and was in a real time crunch. Now its home free though.

Overview:

Strongest Appalachia:

I have a second strongest which I forgot to take a picture of (wonder why) but this one looks the coolest. The indica style leaves etc. This ones gonna be a good smoke.

Third Biggest Appalachia:

This one has been growing weird, I think the soil didnt have enough drainage and it rained one night and it almost drowned. Soils been taken care of though.

Best Flo x C Black:

A Mystical Mix Seedling:

Appalachias are big because they were started a bit before the rest because the rest of the seeds had to arrive.

As always, comments/questions/constructive criticism welcome.

Cheers.

Present

Hope you enjoy it. Another update a bit overdue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: lala124]
    #25337 - 05/10/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nicccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeee:thumbup:

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: highasfuck]
    #25422 - 05/10/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

nice to see an outdoor grow log, i shall be starting one soon too. are you going to transplant to bibber pots or to the ground?

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Offlinelala124

Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: araucaria]
    #25468 - 05/10/08 10:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I think Im gonna have to transplant to pots first because the roots dont have anywhere to go now, and the trees here havent fully grown their leaves so its sketchy finding a sunny spot still.

Cheers for all the good vibes. The Appalachia is a local strain, the Mystical Mix is courtesy of Matt at Crazy X Seeds and the Flo x C Black is a cross a friend from another forum was kind enough to let people give a test go. Should be a very colorful sativa. Looking quite forward to em all, the Appalachia is a very smooth indica, and there are a bunch of great genetics in the mix, so it should be great all around.

Id take quality outdoor over quality indoor anyday tbh.

Cheers guys.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: lala124]
    #25721 - 05/11/08 01:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

it seems to me that keeping them in those bottles isn't such a good idea. some of your seedlings look a little weak and a little wind would make them stronger. check out the other thread.

i usually keep my seedlings inside for a couple of weeks and then transplant them straight on the ground when they look like your strongest seedling.

Offlinelala124

Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: maggotz]
    #25753 - 05/11/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Theyve been out for weeks now mate. We had some cold temps and some really strong winds with some sleet when I first got em out. Theyve been out of those bottles for a while. They are actually really great at helping the plants establish themselves before they take on mothernature full force.

Cheers.

Invisiblemaggotz

#25793 - 05/11/08 10:43 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i might try that with some seeds i have right now. looking forward to seeing them planted in the ground. is that your plan or will you leave them in the pots?

Offlinelala124

Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: maggotz]
    #25831 - 05/11/08 11:36 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

As I said above, its too early to find any spots that will be permanently sunny. So gonna do pots till then. Ground would be the ultimate goal though.

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#26708 - 05/11/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

lookin' good lala :thumbup:

can't wait to see some bud shots

Offlinelala124

Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: ltd]
    #27379 - 05/12/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers Dan. Neither can I!

Offlinelala124

#29678 - 05/14/08 05:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well I potted like 7 or 8 plants, had my pics all ready to upload and accidentally deleted em. Ill get em up tomorrow.

Theyre looking good. Also, two appalachias which were in shit shape that I forgot I planted in a crap area are actually doing well so Ill get some pics of those up too.

Some of the plants havent grown a lot more because they didnt have space for their roots. The rootballs are quite strong at this point, give em a few days and theyll be flourishing.

They are in the coolest place. We have two fallen trees in our woods, which makes for good sunlight. And theyre only 4-5 feet apart, so I put a chainlink fence door over em and have my plants sitting on there. Good luck deer and other pests. This also makes it very easy to LST a few (which I plan to do) because I can just tie the strings to the door.

4 are planted with a healthy dose of compost mixed with vermiculite in the soil. The rest are just vermiculite and soil.

Really lookin forward to this now (as if I wasnt already). Theyll start shootin up anytime.

Pics tomorrow.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#29938 - 05/14/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

so you can use the chainlink door like a giant outdoor scrog?  nice :thumbup: :gethigh:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: Yrat]
    #30155 - 05/14/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
so you can use the chainlink door like a giant outdoor scrog?  nice :thumbup: :gethigh:

definately this istead of LST with them on top of it. if one corner gets bumped on that thing...there goes the neighborhood....

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

Offlinelala124

Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: just me]
    #30544 - 05/15/08 08:11 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Not quite so. I have it setup so its very, very sturdy.

Thinking about doing an outdoor scrog though.

OfflineSmallTime
Male User Gallery

#30586 - 05/15/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Good luck on your grow. I had some power plant x flo once and it was the smelliest weed I've ever had. I was walking home late at night with an 1/8th of it in my pocket and some people smelled it across a 4 lane street.

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#30587 - 05/15/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you should! hell leave them on the gate, and get another one, and build it like 2' over the top of it....

maaaaaaaaaaaan that would be balls!

i guess the other upside to having them on the gate besides keppin ALL pests away is its got completely unrestricted drainage...you might be onto somethin

PICUTRES PICTURES!!!

--------------------

Offlinelala124

Re: Outdoor: Flo x Columbian Black, Appalachia and CXS Mystical Mix [Re: just me]
    #30605 - 05/15/08 11:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm I just so happen to have an identical chainlink screen. Hmmmm... Ill get pics up when I can, today or tomorrow.

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#30638 - 05/15/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

cant wait

--------------------

Offlinelala124

#30883 - 05/15/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well well. Ive owed you guys some pictures so finally a very big update for you all.

Heres a wide angle of the setup:

A closer look:

Alrighty now on to the Appalachias. One really just wasnt going well so had to chuck him. Now I have two good strong 'uns:

Next up we have the 3 Flo x Columbia Black specimens:

And the other two:

Next up we have 2 of MarijuanaMat's Mystical Mix Specimens. The 2nd one is looking really healthy. The first one is adjusting a little slower.:

Next up the wild Appalachias. A bit over a month ago I planted em in the ground because they werent going very strong. I forgot about em and found em 2 days ago and they were really comin along nicely. Here they are:

Wellll thats about it. They arent as far along as I hoped, but I think this is because the roots had nowhere to go in those cups. No they got some niicceee room to start flourishing.

Also, dont worry about the fence falling. I have it on there very sturdily and itll take a lot to get off.

Cheers. Once again all comments/criticisms appreciated.

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#30886 - 05/15/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

id still tie the corners around those logs that are so perfectly positioned underneath it...

lookin good. i thought they were bigger than that...

are they getting a decent amount of sunlight?

also, you might not want all that fresh stuff on the surface of the soil. put it in a compost pile away from the plants(which will get all those buggies away from the goods) and once it composts you can add it too the soil some...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies