Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineS4mm1ch
 User Gallery

my 2009 outdoor plot
    #210713 - 03/31/09 06:01 PM (15 years, 23 hours ago)

Almost got one of my plots ready for this season. The dirt is hard ass clay so i dug out some holes and put 5 gallon buckets in the ground. I still have a few more holes i have to dig but first wanted to figure out how many plants you guys think i can fit in this area... (I'd say its probably about 5ft x 10ft). I also put up a 5 foot fence and covered it with the dead brush in order to keep it hidden, hopefully the weeds will start growing over it soon cause right now its somewhat noticeable. Do you think this fence might block a significant amount of sunlight? The area isn't frequented much so i'm not too worried about people stumbling across it but it is a possibility so im trying to keep it as natural looking as possible. Any ideas how to conceal this a little better?  The opening where the 2 logs are is the only way to access the fenced off area. I tried to take some pics of what the outside of the fence looked like but the camera didn't save them. I plan on putting up a little piece of fencing that is gonna be completely covered in weeds/sticks so noone knows its a fence and to keep animals completely out. Does anyone have a better idea? Also should i not even bother with the buckets and just  dig holes? im hoping to throw dead grass and shit in the grow area so it doesnt look suspicious to the eye in the sky...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethc
Male
Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: my 2009 outdoor plot [Re: S4mm1ch]
    #212549 - 04/06/09 08:17 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

that looks really nice man but the fence might be noticeable if someone were to walk by it anytime soon.. good luck and post pics of your progress!:thumbup:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: my 2009 outdoor plot [Re: thc]
    #212551 - 04/06/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

looks good.

i don't think the fence will block too much sunlight, the sun tends to be directly overhead during the summer season.  as far as the fence goes to attracting attention, it looks like it blends in pretty well, just make sure the non-plot side of it is covered with as much brush as possible.  ultimately it will be up to you to judge its visiblity since you are the one who is able to view it in person.

# of plants? i would say 6-8 is a fair estimate.  since you are growing in buckets, i would normally tell you to grow as many plants as you can fit buckets back there.  BUT, this is if you were able to let the plants just shoot straight up and get as tall as they want.  i believe you should train the plants down lower to the ground so they don't rise up over your fence and become apparent.  this training will increase the bushiness of the plants and require greater lateral spacing, which means less room and less plants.

good luck, and keep us updated

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: my 2009 outdoor plot [Re: Yrat]
    #212561 - 04/06/09 10:44 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

looks pretty good, i wanna try to do something similar for my grow this year

OfflineS4mm1ch
 User Gallery

Re: my 2009 outdoor plot [Re: blunt master]
    #212799 - 04/07/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the positive feedback. im actually more worried about someone that lives nearby smelling the plants rather then seeing them. I dont expect the plants to be visible over the fence until a little before harvest time so i'm actually considering just letting them grow straight up rather than tying them down. the brush nearby usually grows in pretty tall during the summer so it will be a nice source of camouflage. I also just stumbled upon a new grow spot yesterday so i will take some pics once i get it all setup. Should be an interesting season... 

******* Can an admin please move this to the grow journal section, i plan on using this thread as my growlog. Thanks :smile: *******

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: my 2009 outdoor plot (moved) [Re: S4mm1ch]
    #213463 - 04/08/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This thread was moved from Outdoor & Greenhouse Cultivation.

Reason:
^^

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder