Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinebI0HaZ

A strange branch
    #249904 - 07/16/09 05:02 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hello guys,
I've been grabbing ideas from this place for a while now and I've had some nice results.  I currently have some bag seed gro happening and I have this strange branch on one of them.  Is this common?  I have only seen branches branching out in twos, this is branching in fours.  If I clone this would it become like a Christmas tree?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIce House
Rider on the Storm
 User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: A strange branch [Re: bI0HaZ]
    #250128 - 07/16/09 07:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In my experience with bag seeds it is very common. I assure you the plant will not continue to grow like that for long, when it gets mature enough to sex it will start growing in normal sets of leaves, ie, in pairs. I have had them grow in 3s and 4s just like in your picture many times  before. My experience with them is that they tend to occur more in seeds that formed due to a hermaphrodite plant, so IMO it is probably a common trait the occurs with inbreeding. Sometimes these plants mutate and grow all fukked up, the main stem will attempt to divide into several main stems and the plant will looked messed up. My best guess is that more than 75% of the time these plants turn out to be male. When they are female they don't bud well. Maybe you'll have better luck with them. 

Cloning it would only give you another plant with this mutated trait. They are not stellar performers.

The thing about bag seed is you tend to get some fukked genetics in them from time to time. Most indoor growers are shooting for Sinsemillia, more often then not, when you find seeds in your bud its not because a male wasnt rooted out, its because of a hemaphrodite. The end result of this is mutated genes, its kinda like what happens in humans when a brother and sister have offspring.

Sorry to say this , but, IMHO there are no cannabis Christmas trees coming from that plant.

OfflinebI0HaZ

Re: A strange branch [Re: Ice House]
    #250569 - 07/17/09 04:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Haha ok, thanks for the info tho.  I've just switched to 12/12 so I'll experiment if it's female.  I have time, I just want to see what I can make this mutant/X-Plant do :P

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck