Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrakersFarm
Stranger

Keeping Plants Small
    #245688 - 07/03/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I was just reading a thread about ways to keep your plant small, for a smaller space.. What most of you said to do was just switch the light cycle to 12/12 when it is about 10 in. tall.. Does this not hurt the plant? Or cause it to be a hermaphrodite or multi-sexed? Thanks guys  :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Keeping Plants Small [Re: FrakersFarm]
    #245706 - 07/03/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That should have no negative side effects. As long as a plant is well rooted, it should grow like crazy and fill out bigger than you think. Most strains respond very well to this, but weaker genetics may runt out. But a 10 inches, that shouldnt be a problem, more for 5 inch, barley rooted clones.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Keeping Plants Small [Re: Integra21]
    #245734 - 07/03/09 12:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Light cycle is what makes a plant propagate. A plant reacts to a decrease in light and will try to start producing off spring. Its survival and a natural process.

Like integra stated, unless their root system is still under developed this will not hurt them a bit.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Keeping Plants Small [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #245795 - 07/03/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You want to initiate flowering as soon as possible if you are using smaller pots but not too fast that the roots don't have time to get get a good hold on things. Other than that it really doesn't matter. As soon as they are in the pots you intend to keep them in you can initiate flowering. I usually give them a couple of weeks to get a hold in the new soil and all that jazz make sure they are going to be happy in their final home...But again don't let them sit there too long or they will get root bound in smaller pots that's why I always tell people to make your adjustments let the plants sit for a week or so to see how they are doing(usually they will let you know within a day if they are happy or not) and then let them flower...Reason is once you start flowering you don't want to interrupt it in any way.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #245865 - 07/04/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

shit man i meant to post this here and i accidently posted it somewhere else like a day ago.....well here anyway

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
switching the photoperiod to 12/12 tells the plant to start to flower and the earlier you flower the smaller the plant will be at harvest......try pruning or something for a keeping it small yet having bigger harvest. ....here check out this awsome thread to give you some ideas on tek's! ----->click here

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineFrakersFarm
Stranger

Re: Keeping Plants Small [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #245963 - 07/04/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Right on.. Thanks for all the help guys.. I'll be trying the training out reeeaal soon  :flyhigh:

OfflineSativaSam
Male

#245974 - 07/04/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i have had Great success with photoperiod manipulation,  having 8hrs on 10 off, having 18hr days so for every 24 hrs, its really 1 day and a third, so for every 3 days you can take a day off the back side,and well you can do the math, but  about 2 weeks sooner.....drop that temp down to 55 degrees last 2 weeks,and bend them colas over, youll start having buds with buds shooting out the side of them,,

--------------------
In every seed, there is a bag of weed!:wink:

P.S. if you don't own a copy of Marijuana Horticulture, the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible, you need to get a copy!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies