Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechinabean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Spotty Leaves! Please Help!
    #244387 - 06/29/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? SEED
2. How old are your plants? ABOUT 2 WEEKS INTO VEG
3. How tall are your plants? 6"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3.5GAL
5. What is your soil mix? MIRACLE GROW MOISTURE CONTROL
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? FAUCET WATER EVERY DAY WHEN THE TOP OF THE SOIL LOOKS DRY
7. What is the pH of your water? SET TO 6.0
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? TERRA VEGA, RHIZOTONIC AND CANNAZYM ALL BY CANNA.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? I FOLIAR WATER EVERY DAY IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT. I ADD A FEW DROPS OF SUPERTHRIVE TO THE FOLIAR FEED MIX.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 400W MH LIGHT IN A 20 CUBIC FOOT CLOSET.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 6 INCHES, BUT HAVE 3 FANS BLOWING DIRECTLY ONTO THE SINGLE PLANT FROM DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2.25FT X 3FT
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 80 DEGREES AND ABOUT 50% HUMIDITY.
14. What is the pH of the soil? 7
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? NOT THAT I'VE SEEN
16. How much experience do you have growing? FIRST GROW, BUT IM NOT A RETARD.

So my question is, what are these spots I'm seeing on my plants? From what I've read I think the most likely cause is a magnesium deficiency. It seems to spreading to other leaves, but not at dramatic as the one obvious fan leaf. I've prepared a spray bottle with about 3T of CalMag and Superthrive, and just applied it before taking the photo. Also, I topped the plant 4 days ago because of height restrictions.

If you have any advise or if it's not a Mg def. please let me know. Thanks!

Edited by chinabean (06/29/09 09:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Spotty Leaves! Please Help! [Re: chinabean]
    #244394 - 06/29/09 09:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

are you spraying your plant with water? if you are that could be magnifying the light that you have onto the leaves and burning them, also the soil you have is not the best and yes mg def. is sometimes a problem with that but also nitrogen def. Is what I had.

Offlinechinabean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Spotty Leaves! Please Help! [Re: Triptonic]
    #244407 - 06/29/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Didnt even think of that! That probably is the what happened because I recently moved the light closer. I added more fans to compensate so I didnt think direct heat was a problem. I'll let the plant absorb the drops on the leaves before I put it back in the closet. Thank you!

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Spotty Leaves! Please Help! [Re: chinabean]
    #244418 - 06/29/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

no problem man.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#244419 - 06/29/09 09:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

but also the leaves dont even need water on them, that doesnt do anything for the plant.

Offlinechinabean
Stranger
 User Gallery

#244475 - 06/29/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Can i spray just concentrate CalMag in small doses then? Or are you saying the leaves just cant absorb anything?

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #244477 - 06/29/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
but also the leaves dont even need water on them, that doesnt do anything for the plant.

yeah unless your foliar feeding....but he said
Quote:

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? I FOLIAR WATER EVERY DAY IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT. I ADD A FEW DROPS OF SUPERTHRIVE TO THE FOLIAR FEED MIX.

so im not sure what you use in the "feeding mix" besides "a few drops a superthrive to the mix" because ive had nutrient solution get all over the lower leaves near my system and they would turn brown and crispy after a while......are these spots all over the place or just where you pictured......it doesnt seem too bad........and i wouldnt just bombared the little girl with "3 FANS BLOWING DIRECTLY ONTO THE SINGLE PLANT FROM DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.":lol:......possibly more pics if possible?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Spotty Leaves! Please Help! [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #244480 - 06/29/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Or are you saying the leaves just cant absorb anything?

leaves have pores that can obsorb the nutrients.....but you do that when the lights go out for obvious reasons and the temps go down so the "stomata" can open....and you only do it like once per week and you said "im feeding them morning and night".....im pretty postive thats the cause.....so stop doing that and feed her through the soil...and not twice per day...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (06/29/09 11:37 PM)

Offlinegrogan
 User Gallery

#248749 - 07/12/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Don't spray water on your plants! I have never had to and got great results ( even seedlings don't spray them, spray the lid or dome over them!)

It magnifys the light and burns your babies.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #248752 - 07/12/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
leaves have pores that can absorb the nutrients.....but you do that when the lights go out for obvious reasons and the temps go down so the "stomata" can open....and you only do it like once per week and you said "im feeding them morning and night".....im pretty positive that's the cause.....so stop doing that and feed her through the soil...and not twice per day...

Also your watering of the soil, should be once to twice a week as well. The top soil can look dry but if you push your finger into the soil to your first knuckle of you index finger and its dry that far down then you should water.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spotty Leaves! Please Help! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #248756 - 07/12/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Also i saw you are using MH for lighting. You may want to try get a high pressure sodium bulb for flowering.. At least that's what used to be the case when i was doing indoor back in the day!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Edited by SpaceMonkey (07/12/09 04:22 PM)

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spotty Leaves! Please Help! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #248785 - 07/12/09 05:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

A few problems, some have been said, but others missed. First off, foliar spray under and HID light has high chances of Droplet concentrated burns, not reccomended. Second, You are watering too much, especially with moisture control soil. You dont water when just the top looks dry, you water when it gets dry a few inches down from the top, many people use their finger to check this, but i roccomend a moisture meter, which can be picked up for about $5usd from the grden center of almost any store(walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Ect..) and is always a good way of seeing how moist your soil is. I think every soil grower should have one. Last but not least, a ph of 6 is very low for soil, unles your seed bank advised otherwise. You want a more tageted range of 6.5. All of these thing can lead to a bad harvest or a dead plant if not corrected. So get to work and Good Luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck