Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedynasty
Stranger
Plants need help!
    #243734 - 06/28/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hello, I live in California, and I planted a few plants outdoor with in the first couple of weeks in April. I planted them from clones purchased from the cannabis club. The plants started budding after about a month or so. They started growing again so now the bottom half of the plants have buds and the top half is growing. I also have a couple that are purps and they are almost solid bud and there hasnt been any new growth on those, maybe some curled leaves randomly. So the food ive been using is called super peak, got it from the hydroponics store for veg growth. Well my plants have been looking not so good for a while now.  I had lots of bug problems, but have been using neem oil so hopefully thats under control, but my leaves are looking kinda wilted and there curling down and some of the tips are dead. I dont know if this is anything but there are a lot of single and 3 bladed leaves. Mainly the leave are discolored around the edges and spotty. From what I have read I think I over fertillized. Can anyone help me out? Heres a link to a couple pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Plants need help! [Re: dynasty]
    #243736 - 06/28/09 02:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

pH have you ck'ed it

if the pH is not right the nutes will not get to the plants

I seen those plants in my garden  :sad:

Price you pay to learn

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinedynasty
Stranger
Re: Plants need help! [Re: KaptKid]
    #243738 - 06/28/09 02:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So I should check the ph, then what? Will the plants be ok?

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #243742 - 06/28/09 02:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You then would have to adjust the PH accordingly. Also how is the root system? Are the pots big enough for roots? With curling leaves it could be fungus. Could be a root borer bug?  How are the leaves looking underneath? They looked awful waxy and shinny in the picture. are you spraying them with anything? Over watering and over fertilizing can be a problem as well.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Edited by SpaceMonkey (06/28/09 02:31 PM)

Offlinedynasty
Stranger
Re: Plants need help! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #243749 - 06/28/09 02:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The leaves are waxy looking from the neem oil ive been using for the bug problem. I will for sure check the ph, There 12inch pots, I dont know how the root system is? but there growing. I dont think im overwatering, but they could be over fertilized. What do I do in that case? and how do I correct the deficiencies if there over fertilized? Thanks for the help!

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #243754 - 06/28/09 03:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

here is a checklist another member posted and it may help you out with the situation. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/234999#234999

I have not used neem oil before, but if its leaving an oily residue like that, maybe burning the leaves?

--------------------

Offlinedynasty
Stranger
    #243755 - 06/28/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I saw that checklist, I just printed it out, and am gonna look it over. Thanks!

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #243756 - 06/28/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the growery BTW!

--------------------

Offlinedynasty
Stranger
    #243761 - 06/28/09 03:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you! Im hoping to learn something!

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #244656 - 06/30/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a California medical marijuana patient, and can speak from experience when telling you that using Neem oil outdoors here in this weather could easily become problematic.  If you're in the southern part of the state in particular, the intensity of the sun shining upon oil soaked foliage is going to burn the shit out of them.  If you must use neem, try to apply it mainly to the underside of the leaves in the late afternoon.  Applying too much, especially in the morning before it really heats up, is a recipe for disaster.

It is also important to note that the single and three-bladed leaves coming from your plant are on account of the reverted vegetative growth you are experiencing.  Once a plant goes into flowering, it is very unlikely that you will be able to get it back into its vegetative stage in any acceptable fashion.  Since these are outdoor plants, I suppose it doesn't much matter and you'll just be letting nature do her thing... but if you have a controlled indoor setup and you notice those odd leaves coming out, you would be best to simply finish up the flowering cycle and look forward to your next grow with new plants.

Good luck.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale