Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineragtimewilly
Jimmy Rigging Master
 User Gallery

Limiting Growth in Vegetative Stage
    #239710 - 06/14/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So I have a small setup where I can flower 3 plants at a time, and a very small area where I plan on keeping clones vegging until I can put them in my flowering box. I don't want my vegging plants to get too big due to space restrictions. Is it possible to limit the vegetative growth by just keeping them in a smaller pot or trimming roots?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Limiting Growth in Vegetative Stage [Re: ragtimewilly]
    #239750 - 06/14/09 10:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

came to the right place. Search SCROG BIBLE. It's informative to say the least.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlineragtimewilly
Jimmy Rigging Master
 User Gallery

Re: Limiting Growth in Vegetative Stage [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #239787 - 06/15/09 02:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My post wasn't very clear I meant that I'll be taking clones off my vegging plants then flowering the mothers immediately, but for those two months of flowering is there any way to limit the growth of my clones which are vegging.

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #240107 - 06/16/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, you can place unrooted cuttings in the fridge with a tiny bit of water covering the cut part of the stem. There was a guy on overgrow that got the clones to root two months after he took them, very impressive. Personally I don't have any luck keeping them like that for more than two weeks but give it a try. After they are rooted, keep them under a small light in a small pot, and rarely if ever fert them. That should all combine to you having very small plants when you transplant for flowering.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlineragtimewilly
Jimmy Rigging Master
 User Gallery

Re: Limiting Growth in Vegetative Stage [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #240177 - 06/16/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys, very helpful.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #240180 - 06/16/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

As stated above, when space is limited, especially height, scrog is the way to go. It allows you to get the most out of small plants and with out very much room. Check out my grow journal in the link in my sig. My grow area is 5ft.x5ft. and is only 3ft.4in. tall. My goal is to flower a pound out of that space. Just something to look into. if all else fails you can just train the plants down with simple shoelaces or top them when there height gets too tall. Topping is only recommended by me when there are no other options because different strains react differently to this. Scrog is probably your best bet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
5,086 topic views. 0 members, 274 guests and 254 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 12 queries.