Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Fuck Flouro's
    #238891 - 06/12/09 03:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Okay so I've always been pro-flo but for some reason I just didn't believe the hype behind HID's and though that i was getting good results with what I had.... well I was naive and truly wrong.  They cover soooo much floorspace compared to the CFL's and I think it is easier to manage the heat.  You also don't have to worry about always moving your light every day just to compensate for what the plant has done.  My 2 younger babies have nearly doubled in the 2 days they have been under my 175 mh... I'm loving it so far, it's so easy to move the plants around underneath the hood and every plant is getting equal light!

I know I fucked up on the first seedling - It grew into the light and I came back and the leaves were fried... Amateur mistake. You can tell that the MH is way nicer because the other 2 only had the 1st set of leaves before it changed lights.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Fuck Flouro's [Re: Inverted]
    #238899 - 06/12/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I never liked cfl's because of the heat.
I use fluorescent tubes for cloning and making seed.
Waiting on a T5 fixture as I type.UPS is to damn slow.

But nothing I've done has compared to 1000 watt mh and hps and your right about not having to move a light everday.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
    #238903 - 06/12/09 04:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It has been a fukking bitch, moving my pups, EVERY FUKKING DAY!! I am using (3) CFL's for (3) plants. One of them got a burn already as a result of growing an inch overnite.

FUUUUCK:chong:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck Flouro's [Re: jwes420]
    #238956 - 06/12/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jwes420 said:
It has been a fukking bitch, moving my pups, EVERY FUKKING DAY!! I am using (3) CFL's for (3) plants. One of them got a burn already as a result of growing an inch overnite.

FUUUUCK:chong:

That is exactly what I'm talking about, I'm so sick of that shit, now there is actually some room for error without stretching the shit out of them.

The plants that have mostly been under the MH are much shorter and more dense, especially the nodes.

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #239517 - 06/14/09 09:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You could move it a bit closer. The plants will be more squat. But yeah, fluoros have their place, but not by themselves.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: Fuck Flouro's [Re: ethnoguy]
    #239621 - 06/14/09 03:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

For REAL

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: Fuck Flouro's [Re: jwes420]
    #239673 - 06/14/09 05:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

CFL's have been working very well for my seedlings and veg. state plants. I was pretty surprised at how hot they get though. The only thing that the fluoros really have up on the HID lights is cost. If you want to flower inside tho, I guess you'll have to save up some money, I know I would have to

http://www.chooseveg.com/seaboard.asp

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Fuck Flouro's [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #239997 - 06/15/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well when you consider the yield, fluoros cost you more time and product in the end. HIDs are far superior. And actually HTG makes HID systems that are as cheap as 125W CFL systems.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck Flouro's [Re: ethnoguy]
    #240223 - 06/16/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Believe me I've had good results with CFL's but seriously they are such a hassle compared to HID.  You don't need to move shit around nearly as much. I can actually go out of town for a few days and not worry about having the plants grow around my bulbs and frying everything.

Now that I have them within about 4-5 inches of the light w/ a good breeze they are really starting to take off.  I tried to eliminate any more stretching that was caused by first burning the seedling, then moving it too far away to let it recover... Argh I am not doing so well this time around.  Now that I've finally got my shit together there should be nothing happening except rapid growth.  I'll update my Journal in a few days...  :ganja:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck