Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

grow operation management under CA law
    #238764 - 06/12/09 01:51 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

say you want to organize legally to grow, but not be involved in retail sales.  i know of some people who essentially are given caregivership by proxy by a dispensary in order to cultivate, but what about forming a small (3-5 member) collective to cultivate and somehow sell the "excess" to another collective/co-op as fair compensation?  since i'm going to be upping my grow pretty soon, this thought has crossed my mind.  :strokebeard: i feel like there should be a way to organize a grow so that rather than having a 'wall of recommendations' which is legally flimsy, things are on stable ground without having to be more than a grower.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
What's the Haps??
Male User Gallery

Loc: BehindTheRedwoodCurtain,
Re: grow operation management under CA law [Re: yellownotepad]
    #238863 - 06/12/09 02:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That really is the way to go, IMHO...
But until the Feds back off totally, it's kinda a grey/black area...ditributing, selling, conspriricy, something...Dammit...
That's why a few Biz's changed the way they do things...in order to avoid drawing attn to themslves..

Certainly, it will come to that...and if you can get a few peeps together that have a shut mouth, you could even do more...LOL..

As it is now, you have to have a special liscence/permit, etc...to be able to sell to dispensaries..and they only buy 10% of what's offered...1 in 10 have product Grateful enough to be in store...

Yes, we are picky...wonder why??

my .02

Peace and Light

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: grow operation management under CA law [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #238864 - 06/12/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

deadheadjpc2000 said:

As it is now, you have to have a special liscence/permit, etc...to be able to sell to dispensaries

i havent found this to be the case....can you explain a little more what you're trying to say?

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
What's the Haps??
Male User Gallery

#238877 - 06/12/09 02:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Last time I was at dispensary, i overheard a guy talking on the phone...
Someone was trying to bring product in to be looked at/puchased...The guy was standing right in front of me, so I heard the one-sided convo perfectly..
He asked if the guy has a (insert acronym) or a ( another acronym)...evidently not, 'cause shortly sfter that, he hung up..
The I noticed a sign....small, but you could plainly see it if you were looking..something like..
We buy only 10% of what is brought in..is yours good enough??
  I LOL'd..

Haven't pursued the issue, but that's what I ( over) heard...
I'm pretty sure you can't just walk in off the street and sell to our places, pretty damn sure.....ours are taxed, liscenced, fully (state) legal Biz's...
Plus, most (66%) of ours don't buy...they produce thier own medicine/clones...the only way to insure Organic and Quality...

Peace and Light

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: grow operation management under CA law [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #238879 - 06/12/09 03:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

this is in conflict with the two dispensaries in which i am personal friends with the owners of, and others that i have heard of people dealing with.  so far as i know the general policy is if you are a vendor, you walk in with your product and deal with them in private, with nothing more than your own rec.  i WISH there was some specific permitting and things for growing and vending....

what state are you in?  maybe you have it differently, i'm talking about CA.  no ops would be able to run a grow big enough to support themselves around here.

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
What's the Haps??
Male User Gallery

#238884 - 06/12/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm in Calif....LOL..born/raised/die here...
And, yes, we do have self-contained dispensaries...Huge basements full of lights, special drops from PG&E, inspected, liscenced and taxed by state and city...producing enough medicine/clones to evidently stay in Biz...
You may be right in your area, and I'm not saying gospel truth..just from what I've obseved..but it makes sense to me..
If the Biz is taxed, then they have to show where they got inventory...that trickles down to the grower...somehow they've got it worked out here, and for sure they want records of who they buy from...
Hence the acronyms...

We have one shop that is celebrating 10 years....how old are yours??

Peace and Light

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: grow operation management under CA law (moved) [Re: yellownotepad]
    #428172 - 06/03/10 08:41 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Growery News Service.

Reason:
Populating new Medical Marijuana & Activism forum.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order