Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Rush Curing with Dehydrator???
    #238176 - 06/10/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I know it is the most terrible thing to do, but it is only being done to about a 2 week supply while the rest is curing properly. I am putting a few buds into a large dehydrator that i use to dry shrooms. Just wondering if any one knows the best temperature and duration for me to do this. At first i figured high heat would be fine, considering you heat it when making cana butter, but then gave some thought to how vaporizers work and was a little concerned about cooking the potency right out of it. Can any one help with this???

Edited by Integra21 (06/10/09 12:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

Re: Rush Curing with Dehydrator??? [Re: Integra21]
    #238207 - 06/10/09 07:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

NO NO NO!  you are exactly right, curing the herb with heat will rob your thc right off the buds!  the best way to rush cure some herb is to use dry ice.  I know it sounds weird but I've heard it works... couldn't find anything in here about it so here's an outside link to a similar thread in a different forum.  as you read down the page you will see this post:

Quote:

a better way that doesnt degrade the product a whole lot is using dry ice. take some dry ice, put it into a container with some holes for ventilation. add your bud and stick it in the fridge for about 24 hours. be sure to add more dry ice as it evaporates

:cheers:

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Rush Curing with Dehydrator??? [Re: travelleler]
    #238214 - 06/10/09 08:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

as long as the temp doesnt go above the vaporizing temperature it should be fine....it may even decarboxylate your buds for you

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rush Curing with Dehydrator??? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #238258 - 06/10/09 11:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'll post how well it smokes tonight, but i dried at 115deg. for 5 hours and then droped it down to 95deg. and let it run over night. Got up today and it was dry and smelled better than previous attempts at this with it set at 155deg for 2-3hrs. I'm checking into the dry ice method, and the main purpose of this is to dry trimmings from under the screen that generally just get thrown out. But my first harvest here in a week or two, the first buds , i will try the dry ice, just because i'm curious.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #238458 - 06/10/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Just please whatever you do don't harvest your crop immaturely? most newbs make this mistake and you lose plenty of weight and potency.  As for the drying... I'd probably just leave it in room temp. in front of a fan, sure you won't be able to know what the true smell of the herb is but you'lll definately have a sample of the potency. I'd say the smaller buds will dry in 24 hours or so but the bigger colas or whatever will probably take 40-50 hrs. I'd rather just let it sit in fresh air then bake in the oven or however you are heating them, I just feel like I lose potency/smell/taste when I use that method...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rush Curing with Dehydrator??? [Re: Inverted]
    #238486 - 06/10/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It's in a dehydrator with an adjustable temp that goes from room temp to 155. I have tried high heat, it went fast and did the most damage. from trimmed to crunchy in 2-3 hrs. Taste was God awful, high was a medium head buzz that faded quickly. Temp 155deg. Then tried on medium heat(about 125) and this slowed the drying down considerably. Ended up with a more intense high but it still faded quickly. Although the taste was a mild improvement, the harshness all but doubled. Time to dry was bout 12-14 hrs. Next moved down to low heat(about 95 deg.) This made it a considerable amount better. Although it was just as harsh as the med. heat, the taste was further improved and the high is strong and lasting compared to the others, almost intense. Keep in mind this is off of my White Practice plant that is 7.5 weeks into flowering and has only been trimmings from under the screen that are normally thrown out. But my town has been dry for 3 weeks and i figured what do i have to loose. I was just trying to figure out the best way to do this, because in the next couple of days to 2 weeks(White Widow has a 8-10 week flower) i just want to quick dry some buds while the majority of them dry, just so i have something. And i would never harvest prematurely unless the DEA was on the way.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #238534 - 06/11/09 01:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Dehydrators don't cure weed they dry it and poorly at that. The weed will be crumbly and a lot of the inactive goodies won't turn into THC and whatever else they turn into so the weed won't be at peak potency.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rush Curing with Dehydrator??? [Re: captain.koons]
    #238535 - 06/11/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

also... if you ask me... scratch this.. and make yourself a batch of brownies... use those to hold yourself over.

Watercure the rest of the weed by using warm water and changing it twice a day for 3 days and then dry it for 4 days and you'll have better buds than that dehydrator shit.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #238639 - 06/11/09 03:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Agreed.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisibletravelleler

Re: Rush Curing with Dehydrator??? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #238702 - 06/11/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

what the heck is water-cure??

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #238715 - 06/11/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

drown ur buds in warm water, each day change the water with fresh water. continue this for a week (less if ur in a rush) then dry the weed and you will have weed with little aroma or flavor but with peak potency and exceptionally smooth smoke.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisibletravelleler

#241055 - 06/19/09 07:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

continue this for a week (less if ur in a rush) then dry the weed and you will have weed with little aroma or flavor but with peak potency

oh why on God's green Earth would you want buds with no flavor or aroma?

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #241056 - 06/19/09 07:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

travelleler said:
Quote:

continue this for a week (less if ur in a rush) then dry the weed and you will have weed with little aroma or flavor but with peak potency

oh why on God's green Earth would you want buds with no flavor or aroma?

because its got the potency and very smooth smoke.......it also doesnt take as long as air curing does.......

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rush Curing with Dehydrator??? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #241100 - 06/19/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Dr Siek said it right on. Half to a quarter of standard curing times and a smother some,

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #241230 - 06/20/09 01:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I only imagine you ended up doing the water cure?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #241254 - 06/20/09 02:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Not yet. Still waiting on the harvest. But i have used the dehyrator on low heat(105-115F) with fairly good results. It smelled good, tasted terrible, and got me stoned as hell. A high that reminded me of when I first started smokin. As soon as I harvest though I'm going to dehydrate 10%, water cure 20% and old fashioned air&jar the remaining 70% of the harvest. That way I can get a feel for what way i will prefer and keep myself supplied with dank throughout the process.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #241257 - 06/20/09 03:28 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

How long till harvest? I love the taste of some good old white widow I hope you get some good tasting buds. At least you already know they'll knock you on your ass.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #241259 - 06/20/09 03:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It was supposed to be no later than next weekend, that's 10 weeks, but in the last day or 2 there has been a sudden growth of pistils and bud, so I'm going to fert it one last time(already been watering for a week strait) and start to water again and jest chech the trichomes a few times a day. I hope it will be done within the next 3 weeks. As a reference, most of the trichomes are cloudy with about 25-30% still clear, no amber.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #241261 - 06/20/09 03:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

ah well if none of them are amber so far you can definately let it keep going.

keep flushing in mind though, what breeder is your white widow from?

+5 dank leaves for you :smile:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #241283 - 06/20/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Too bad I missed this. The microwave is the best quick dry method IME. I've tried a few, and I think that while the end result is almost the same, the microwave is fast allowing you to only have to take a couple of buds at a time as opposed to a lot more being dried at once.

THC degradation is not that bad either when nuked correctly.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale