Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineronjohn7779
Are these seeds immature?
    #236184 - 06/03/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

My buddy picked up these Mazar dutch passion seeds. They kind of look underdeveloped to me based off the color. He claims they are rock hard so that seems like a good sign.

He also picked up some white widow (they looked great), some blueberry (they were a bit tiny by comparison to the widow) and he also picked up some Power plant. The fucking power plant seeds were tiny (but dark) and one of the seeds came in busted cracked and looked really weird (he's germinating that seed for shits and giggles now). Overall this Dutch Passion purchase seems pretty dicey. He bought all these seeds and strains at the dutch passion retail store (seeds of passion) and got a good deal. Unfortunately he lives a few countries away from amsterdam so he really can't take it up with them unless he goes on holiday real soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #236191 - 06/03/09 11:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

From the blury picture the seeds do look slightly immature but with some crafty green thumb work you should be able to get them to germinate. Many people have grown out large beautiful plants with worse. Good luck on your grows!

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: FrozenReality]
    #236192 - 06/03/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Im new to growing but everyone here seems to think that dutch passion is worthless.

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: SmOakland]
    #236193 - 06/03/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That is because they are.

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
    #236200 - 06/03/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
From the blury picture the seeds do look slightly immature but with some crafty green thumb work you should be able to get them to germinate. Many people have grown out large beautiful plants with worse. Good luck on your grows!

Well thanks for the encouraging words. I don't think he will be germinating these seeds till next year. However they will be in storage via fridg in an air tight container with desiccant jell to absorb moisture. To say the least my friend isn't all too happy with this purchase. Especially when you consider one power plant seed was broken, the mazar (the beige seeds) were missing one seed, and His blue berry seeds were tiny...Seriously the only decent looking seed out of this lot are the white widow seeds. These fucking things are huge!

Offlineronjohn7779
Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: SmOakland]
    #236204 - 06/03/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Im new to growing but everyone here seems to think that dutch passion is worthless.

IMO all these seed producers are pretty much worthless. They all seem to have their fair share of complaints. Even the more respectalbe/name brand ones like DP, serious, greenhouse, ect have various complaints. Different forums like different breeders, but yeah for sure looking back at it I wish I told my buddy to pick up some DJ short seeds or something else. On a bright side he lives in Europe and picked up these seeds on the low (each strain ranged 20-50 bucks max). Way lower than anything we'd ever pay via the internet.

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
    #236207 - 06/03/09 11:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Northern Lights is only about $30 or so for 10 seeds. I'd say that's pretty damn good considering you can have an unlimited of seeds from that. But paying anything over $50 for seeds is just a waste of money. I always wonder why new growers (which I am) buy expensive seeds online.

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#236208 - 06/03/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

small mature seeds dont mean anything, Ive had all sorts of seeds small large thick and thin and they all grew dank bud. Ive had tiny seeds produce huge plants (big Buddha blue cheese) and huge seeds produce small plants (lowryder#2) Granted you did get missing seeds and crushed ones but this happens to everyone. With how those seeds in the picture are I'd recommend you use them up sooner rather than later cause what slim chance of germination you have right now isnt going to improve over time.

Offlineronjohn7779
    #236213 - 06/03/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Heres some more pics of the seeds compared to the white widow seeds he picked up. Obviously the white widow seeds are on the left.

Offlineronjohn7779
    #236217 - 06/03/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
small mature seeds dont mean anything, Ive had all sorts of seeds small large thick and thin and they all grew dank bud. Ive had tiny seeds produce huge plants (big Buddha blue cheese) and huge seeds produce small plants (lowryder#2) Granted you did get missing seeds and crushed ones but this happens to everyone. With how those seeds in the picture are I'd recommend you use them up sooner rather than later cause what slim chance of germination you have right now isnt going to improve over time.

I'll pass that little bit of info along (about the size of the seed). Most likely he will just keep them in storage anyway till the terms of his job abroad are done. You think if these suckers were kept in a dark fridge with less than 5% humidity they would last a bit longer (a year max)? I'm talking about these beige Mazar seeds. He says they are pretty rock hard. Isn't that a sign of a decently matured seed? Obviously it's kind of ridiculous that DP sold these seeds to anyone.

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#236228 - 06/04/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I really cant say for sure. I dont know the viability of those beans at this moment so who knows. Guess you'll find out in like a year. They could be just fine. After all my Bigbud x Thai haze skunk beans look just like that and those things will pop out of their shells in less than a day if you give them a reason to but my lr#2 beans that have the tiger stripings and are a good size will take 3-4 days before they will decide to come out of their shell or not.

Offlineronjohn7779
    #236235 - 06/04/09 12:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Cool bro I appreciate the honesty. I guess I will keep people posted. I know my buddy is germinating that one fucked up seed (the chipped one) so we'll see what happens.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #236293 - 06/04/09 08:19 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:
Northern Lights is only about $30 or so for 10 seeds. I'd say that's pretty damn good considering you can have an unlimited of seeds from that. But paying anything over $50 for seeds is just a waste of money. I always wonder why new growers (which I am) buy expensive seeds online.

The more expensive seeds are that way for a few reasons. They may be award winners, supply & demand, but most likely its because the expensive seeds come from superior genetics that are normally resistant to most diseases, stable, vigorous growth, etc. To make HQ seeds, it often takes generations of tinkering with genetics. Time is money, and so is quality.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Offlineronjohn7779
Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #236301 - 06/04/09 08:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Update that broken seed DP sold my buddy is germinating really fucking good. He's pretty shocked considering it hasn't even been soaking for 10 hours and the fact that this seed was missing a good chunk of it's shell plus it was squishy. Just for shits and giggles I think he's going to grow it in one of those infomercial aerogardens.

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #236310 - 06/04/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:

The more expensive seeds are that way for a few reasons. They may be award winners, supply & demand, but most likely its because the expensive seeds come from superior genetics that are normally resistant to most diseases, stable, vigorous growth, etc. To make HQ seeds, it often takes generations of tinkering with genetics. Time is money, and so is quality.

EG

Or its just the name brand, people always want the name brand stuff. did the bagged bulk off brand cereal ever taste as good and as sweet as the boxed name brand cereal when you were growing up? there is no proof that all these breeders actually go through the time to breed everything right. They could just simply go through and mix plants willie nillie and throw a name on them and no one would ever know. I've grown crappy bag seed before and had some of the best bud ever I've ever had come from it. But there is one type of cannabis that they have no choice but to properly breed and that would be the autoflowering strains, otherwise it would be pretty obviously pretty quickly.

EDIT:
also there is numerous side by side grows of expensive name brand vs inexpensive nirvana brand seeds of the same strain and thankfully a lot of the time people prefer the nirvana version better all together.
I'd rather spend 20 bucks rather than 180 bucks.

Edited by FrozenReality (06/04/09 09:12 AM)

Offlineronjohn7779
    #236330 - 06/04/09 09:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah Nirvana makes some good shit actually and it is cheap too. If I wanted some quality seeds on the low I'd get some from them and they seem pretty reliable too!

Personally I think ALL MJ seeds are pretty much over priced and breed shitty (ALL the big companies produce their fair share of shit seeds/shit genetics). But hey what are you going to do about it? Nothing because only a select few people do this kind of work so they charge as much as they want and they produce their items however the hell they want. It's a rather shady business if you ask me.

Also DP and a lot of other breeders often times buy their genetics from someone else and just mass produce that product. So there is a likelihood that some breeders are using the same genetics as others. I will say though if you see a seed company having two labels like sensi seeds and white label then always avoid the lower tier brand even though they may be priced lower. Usually this is a crafty way of getting rid of crappy seeds and older ones. Hell I keep reading about White Label seeds having a 0% germ rate...So that should tell you something.

Edited by ronjohn7779 (06/04/09 09:47 AM)

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#236519 - 06/04/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I developed me own strain a few years back, and like 4 months ago some dude in my neighborhood offered me clones so I went to check them out and they were my strain. Like I sent out a bunch of samples to growers and breeders but like he got them, I will not say which company he bought them from but they had my genetics. Also, they had lost alot of the traits I had worked in except for the tell tale trait I worked in. The plants turns blue and orange all most evenly and ensd up looking like it was made for a U of I game, I developed it while I went there.

--------------------

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Are these seeds immature? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #236525 - 06/04/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Strain name, company name, and pictures and I probably still wont believe it but it doesnt hurt to try.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals