Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethegnome23
Stranger

helis, planes, what have you
    #235645 - 06/02/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

ok so iv heard that helis come flying around  and have heat seeking grass guns to locate plants. Id like to know if this is true and to what degree are plants detectable.  like is one plant in the brush not in direct sun  trackable?  or do these choppers only go for big game fields? im very confused on how big brother finds plants. also id like to know do they fly in planes aswell?  just anyone  lay some facts about helis and planes whatever..peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: thegnome23]
    #235665 - 06/02/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think it all gets exaggerated quite honestly. They basically look near rivers, lakes, and wooded areas during the day. Nature tends not to produce straight lines or patterns (in this respect). That is one clue for them. Another clue is the greenery itself. The color of pot during dry seasons is easy to see. Trash also draws their interests. Poorly hidden irrigation lines and pots are obvious too. Basically, its what they do during the day that should concern you. IR or whatever is used primarily for looking at buildings. They are suppose to have a warrant to do that, but ya know.....

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: ethnoguy]
    #235699 - 06/02/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty damn sure in Vermont they fly around in helicopters trying to find plants. Not to long ago I heard there was an outdoor bust in a neighboring town. But I'm not worried I doubt they'll find anything of mine.

Funny story just about a half hour ago I was breaking up some bud witht a friend in my car at a gas station when a cop pulled into the space next to us. I just threw everything on the floor and got out of there :vaped:

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #235705 - 06/02/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:
Funny story just about a half hour ago I was breaking up some bud witht a friend in my car at a gas station when a cop pulled into the space next to us. I just threw everything on the floor and got out of there :vaped:

Maybe you shouldn't be breaking up your nugs at the gas station... Do it while driving (if you can multitask like me) or park in some neighborhood inbetween houses until you get that fucker lit, then just do a bowl cruise! Don't hit it when a car passes...etc... it's not that hard to not get busted... :shrug:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinetophernotsocool
Friend of Earth
Male

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: Inverted]
    #235714 - 06/02/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

choppers equipped with IR search residential areas for unusual temperature readings within your house. i bet the dictators and martial agencies aka law enforcement, know who has it, it costs money to run the technologies and the search operations, what they are looking for isnt some kid that has one plant in his yard, thats the local forces job, the bigger brothers are looking to score bigger and arnt going to waste alot of resources on a tiny bust that wont give them a big yield in both green and green. stupid cuz the drugs they confiscate usually get sold back to the street anyway to more corrupt, actual criminals there in cahoots with lol.

--------------------
"and take me disappearing, through the smoke rings of my mind,
down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
far from the twisted reach, of crazy sorrow.
yes the dance, beneath the diamond sky, with one hand waving free,
silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath the waves,
let me forget about today, until tomorrow."~bob dylan

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: tophernotsocool]
    #235734 - 06/02/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

IR is also used on outdoor plants. They wait till night when it gets cool. The water lines hold heat from the day and at night with the IR it looks like a spider web with a plant at the end  of each stran. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinethegnome23
Stranger

Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: Magash]
    #235758 - 06/02/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

eh thanks,  yeah i just got a small guy near a creek (not on my land) its not in the ground its in a pot, i burried the pot  to make things less noticable. Besides its hidn in some shrubbery/trees that are taller than my little friend. There are this shrubby all down the creek so its in a good spot.

OfflineDivide
Stranger
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: thegnome23]
    #235767 - 06/02/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you're in canada I don't know how they do things there but they use the cannabis plant's unique spectral signature to spot it from satellite. That's how they caught one guy in italy. There was a thing called project greenlight or something, where US law enforcement was using their new technology to do this from helicopters and satellites.

Plants are usually easier to see when they're not hidden by other plants like trees and bushes, and irrigation lines should be at a certain depth so they're not visible with infrared.

OfflineDivide
Stranger
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: Divide]
    #235785 - 06/02/09 11:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Another thing I'd like to point out, was that this information I found which strangely doesn't seem to be available on google anymore, was on government web pages. So no one is making it up and they really do have this technology and they really can spot single plants if they're actually looking.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: Divide]
    #235872 - 06/03/09 08:40 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Its not a myth IMO. Obviously they do it. As far as indoor- unless you have a factory going, don't freak out over IR. If you a paranoid, you can use some kind of IR blocking wallpaper. I can't recall what its called at the moment, but its VERY pricey from what I remember.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineDivide
Stranger
Re: helis, planes, what have you [Re: ethnoguy]
    #235879 - 06/03/09 09:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

All you need to stop infrared cameras from seeing your indoor grow is a gap between the grow area. Ventilate the gap. A small AC would be best I think. I don't remember which site this was on but they went into detail about it and it's pretty simple apparently. I knew a guy in canada that just bought some infrared cameras and used them on his indoor grows. He wasn't worried about infrared from what he found out.

Edited by Divide (06/03/09 09:17 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds