Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

getting tired of having a big grow
    #233897 - 05/29/09 11:42 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

:frown:

i've been sleeping with a 6" vortex in my bedroom for like 6 months now, spending a large chunk of my free time watering coco pots and filling reservoirs, building shit and fucking with plants.  i'm getting to the point where i'm not sure i wanna keep scaling up my grow.  i'm supposed to move up a little farther north and a little closer to the beach at the end of august after i unload the crop that went into flowering on the 20th of this month.  if i do that, it'll mean scaling up a little more even (i'm at 1600w right now) and paying more rent. 

i'm starting to wonder if i really wanna keep doing this stuff and stressing about who knows what, and whether i'm doing things to get myself busted, or if i'm doing something wrong and screwing my yields and thus losing potential money.  i feel like every day i'm worrying about something related to the grow. 

maybe when i unload another crop i'll feel differently but right now it's been  2 months of just growing waiting and stressing.  maybe its because right now i'm trying to pull  too much shit.  in my bedroom i've got a CFL-lit veg chamber, a 1200w / 4x6x8ft flower room thats flip-flopped against a 400w closet thats also in flower, plus an aero cloner running in my bathroom, and grow supplies occupying literally everything except my actual bed itself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimpgl

Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: yellownotepad]
    #233901 - 05/29/09 11:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i know how you feel man. just wait until your harvest is trimmed and cured and your buying handles of wine and meals for your hoes

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: impgl]
    #233905 - 05/29/09 12:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

impgl said:
i know how you feel man. just wait until your harvest is trimmed and cured and your buying handles of wine and meals for your hoes

I wish I were in that situation.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Offlineimpgl

Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #233907 - 05/29/09 12:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i founds the lost city of el dorado!

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #233910 - 05/29/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i know exactly how you feel.... it seems like everyday i gotta go do shit for my plants.....today is a festival called the mountain jam and its a few days long (allman bro's!)....i have about 3 weeks to go and dont wanna leave and risk my ph fluctuation too much because its been gettin low lately....and nobody i know can can top off my resivoir when im gone so the ppm wont syrocket.....so im not gonna go....but in about a month im gonna have alot awsome weed! so its worth it! and the allman bro's are coming closer to me in august so its not like ill miss them this year!
:ganja:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: impgl]
    #233918 - 05/29/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

impgl said:

i remember back when that was just a big frame, and i was saying 'WTF 1200w in there???'. 

the thing about the handles and such, i wont be doing that.  assuming the crop comes out like it should, all my money will go into securing a new place, and upgrading equipment to go up to 2200w for the next round in the new place.

its just bumming me out now that its summer.  friends wanna go camping and on trips, girlfriend wants to go to SF for her bday in july, etc.  and i keep thinking to myself about how i cant do this and that because i have to be home to take care of the plants and make sure nothing goes wrong (a dead water pump, bad ballast, or anything, could fuck me out of this crop if i was gone for a few days)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #233922 - 05/29/09 12:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
Quote:

impgl said:

i remember back when that was just a big frame, and i was saying 'WTF 1200w in there???'. 

the thing about the handles and such, i wont be doing that.  assuming the crop comes out like it should, all my money will go into securing a new place, and upgrading equipment to go up to 2200w for the next round in the new place.

its just bumming me out now that its summer.  friends wanna go camping and on trips, girlfriend wants to go to SF for her bday in july, etc.  and i keep thinking to myself about how i cant do this and that because i have to be home to take care of the plants and make sure nothing goes wrong (a dead water pump, bad ballast, or anything, could fuck me out of this crop if i was gone for a few days)

Yea, thats the only part I am not looking forward to when I start a grow, but since my first couple will be all personal I suppose I wont have to be as worried as you have to be.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #233928 - 05/29/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

yes exactly same here

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #233934 - 05/29/09 01:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I hear what your saying.

Even though I have a fake wall hiding the room, it can still be heard from the bathroom. A/c turning on and fans running.

And I don't dare bring a chick here. A fuck would not be worth getting busted.

But I do like having great weed. I tell my friends its from my daughter's brother in law. He lives 200 miles away in a big city.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #233950 - 05/29/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

stop keeping your empties like a fag and you'll have room for nutrients.

get a rubber bracket for your vortex and it helps a lot with the noise from vibrations.

EDIT: oh that was impgl with the empties.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Edited by captain.koons (05/29/09 02:37 PM)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: captain.koons]
    #233953 - 05/29/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

a 1200w / 4x6x8ft flower room thats flip-flopped against a 400w closet thats also in flower

what the fuck does that mean? do you have a 400w included in your 1200 room that u flip flop to power the 400 closet?

also if you're stressing over such a small operation you should probably not be growing. just my opinion.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineCherokee
Female

#233955 - 05/29/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

get that shit automated with cheap computers and shit
cant be that much
'GO FUCK SOME PUSSY MOST IMPORTANTLY

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: captain.koons]
    #233962 - 05/29/09 03:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
a 1200w / 4x6x8ft flower room thats flip-flopped against a 400w closet thats also in flower

what the fuck does that mean? do you have a 400w included in your 1200 room that u flip flop to power the 400 closet?

also if you're stressing over such a small operation you should probably not be growing. just my opinion.

1200w in a 4x6 room thats 8ft tall, plus a closet with a 400w in it, they run alternately = flip flopped = im on a household circuit so icant run both the rooms at once.

and im not stressing over the op im stressing about how i wanna go do other shit but i gotta tend to my grow, and it takes up 80% of my bedroom and shit.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #234013 - 05/29/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

and im not stressing over the op im stressing about how i wanna go do other shit but i gotta tend to my grow, and it takes up 80% of my bedroom and shit.

:yesnod:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#234020 - 05/29/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Not to be a asshole here but you need better equipment if you have to stay home to watch it. You have a cute little grow going but lets just say I see several grows all of which are way larger then that and I can leave the state to go on vacation and crap. Haven't seen a problem yet and lets just say I've been looking at gardens, yeah that's it looking at them, and haven't seem a problem yet.

Put it this way your suppose to grow to live not live for your grow. :happyweed:

(Hey I like that one it's a original)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: Magash]
    #234059 - 05/29/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Put it this way your suppose to grow to live not live for your grow. :happyweed:

I could not have said it better myself Magash:biker:
I might even use it in my sig in honor of you my friend.:headbang:
I wish there was a Ducati strain because that would be kinda awsome:stoned:

--------------------
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#234061 - 05/29/09 09:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Not to be a asshole here but you need better equipment if you have to stay home to watch it. You have a cute little grow going but lets just say I see several grows all of which are way larger then that and I can leave the state to go on vacation and crap. Haven't seen a problem yet and lets just say I've been looking at gardens, yeah that's it looking at them, and haven't seem a problem yet.

well what do you do to protect against the following:

pump failure
timer failure
bulb/ballast failure

do you have reservoirs hooked up to a water source and a float valve to keep them topped off?

what about maintaining nutrient levels and pH for more than 5 days at a time?

what about raising lights during the stretch?

to me a lot of these things seem like they'd be unnecessarily expensive or complex to implement, but i must be missing something and i would be stoked to find out about new ways to failsafe/automate more of my grow :thumbup:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#234072 - 05/29/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ok
For the pump failure thing I don't do shit. I've been at it since 1985 and have never had a pump fail so I don't sweat it. How many times have you heard of fish tank pumps failing?

Timers. Not a thing again other then not using digital timers to put it simply they suck. Peg timers will last forever and can be set for every 15 minutes. There is hardly ever a need to be accurate to the last second.

Bulb and ballast failure. Keep the bulbs changed every year and change out the ballasts every 5 years. Digital ballasts used now.

When I plan to leave town for a while I use the Pure Blend Pro line. I have left and come back to half the water gone and no adverse affects. Pretty much impossible to burn plants with these nutrients.

To put it simply I hear about all these fancy chemical nutrients and I just use the pure blend pro and I'll put my yield per strain up  against anybody on the planet. :jah:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: getting tired of having a big grow [Re: Alounacara]
    #234074 - 05/29/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Al long time no see. Good to see ya around. :getstoned:

--------------------

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
    #234122 - 05/30/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Likewise my good friend:heart:

--------------------
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale