Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLotsae

Seedlings curling down, white fuzz.
    #231632 - 05/25/09 11:09 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hi,

So I got some of my seeds to germinate using the greenhouse method.

One of them, which I believe I left the clingwrap on too long, has a white fuzz reminiscent to what mushrooms sometimes form on the base of their stems. Will fresh air and cooler temps solve this?

More importantly, though, Most of my seedlings without the fuzz are curling down back towards the dirt. I think I may have introduced to light a bit too late. Will introducing to a proper light source solve this problem?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedlings curling down, white fuzz. [Re: Lotsae]
    #231679 - 05/25/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

what's the moisture of your soil like?  Any nutes introduced yet? and what kind of light are they under?  Issues with light are usually noticeably better within an hour of resolution, but this doesn't sound like that (if you don't have enough light, they would lack color because they wouldn't be able to carry out photosynthesis).  Offhand, it sounds like a moisture issue either not enough or too much.
The fuzzy one sounds like it was too wet and grew cobweb mold or something of that nature.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineLotsae

Re: Seedlings curling down, white fuzz. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #231828 - 05/25/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I introduced to light and they seem to be doing better already.

The soil is organic- peat/worm castings/blood meal/bone meal/kelp meal/perlite that I let compost to break down the bone meal. Wetted it with Liquid Karma and water.

The soil is just mosit to the touch. Not soaked or anything. I don't plan on introducing any nutes until alot further down the road. Should I worry about pH since I'm going organic?

Right now they're under CFL but am in the process of putting them under a 600 MH. HTG sent me a AgroMax b/c they were out of the Grobrights, btw. Badass. Should I leave it on 24 hrs for veg?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedlings curling down, white fuzz. [Re: Lotsae]
    #231969 - 05/26/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's whit powder mildew. Comon problem with weed plants.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Seedlings curling down, white fuzz. [Re: Magash]
    #232086 - 05/26/09 08:55 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Anytime you see mold or mildew you have cleanliness, dampness, and/or air flow issues.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order