Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlmostDead
Merry Prankster
Male

Loc: Illinois
NORML knows whats up :P
    #226872 - 05/15/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I was going through my email today(which I do like one time a month) and I read through all my NORML updates I get through email. I read this one, which is a few days old,(and please tell me if this is a repost) and it seems California may be heading in the right direction!

http://blog.norml.org/2009/05/05/722/

Quote:

Last week NORML reported on the results of a just-released Field Research Corporation poll that found that 56 percent of California voters agreed with the statement: “Legalize marijuana for recreational use and tax its proceeds.”

Today, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger was asked about the Field poll result, which was the third poll of 2009 demonstrating majority support for legalizing pot among west coast voters.

His reply:

“I think it’s time for a debate (regarding taxing and regulating the sale of cannabis for adults). I think all of those ideas of creating extra revenues, I’m always for an open debate on it. And I think we ought to study very carefully what other countries are doing that have legalized marijuana and other drugs, what effect did it have on those countries? It could very well be that everyone is happy with that decision and then we could look at that.“

What a difference eight weeks makes. After all, this is the same Gov. Schwarzenegger that said in February that he vehemently opposed California Assembly Bill 390: The Marijuana Control, Regulation and Education Act, which seeks to impose a tax on the commercial production and legal retail sale of cannabis.

And today? Well, today the Governor is singing a different tune.

“It’s time for debate. … I’m always for an open debate on it.” (You can watch a video of Schwarzenegger’s remarks here. **Note, the comments come at the very end of the video.)

So are we!

Since March, NORML supporters have sent over 8,000 e-mails to their members of the California state assembly in support of AB 390, sponsored by Assemblyman Tom Ammiano.  Now it’s time to start directing those thousands of e-mails, phone calls, and letters to the Governor.

Tell Gov. Schwarzenegger: “I am one of the majority of California voters who supports taxing and regulating the use and sale of cannabis by adults. Studies consistently show that countries that have removed criminal penalties for the personal use of marijuana, such as Portugal and the Netherlands, have far lower rates of cannabis use than the united States. I agree that the time has come for an objective and public debate on this topic. I urge you to encourage the legislature to hold hearings on this important issue.”

You can also send an automated e-mail to Gov. Schwarzenegger’s office via NORML’s Take Action Center here.

Tell me what you think about this!
If you wanna know more about NORML and what they do, check out norml.org

--------------------

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."  ~Ken Kesey~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: NORML knows whats up :P [Re: AlmostDead]
    #226891 - 05/15/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, i read about cali being 56% in the new high times i just got today!.....they also said 44% of the u.s. would like it to be legalized like alcohol.....looking back at the poll in 2006 which was 36%.....i think we are closer than ever for having it become legal!
:bigweed:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (05/15/09 10:15 PM)

OfflineAlmostDead
Merry Prankster
Male

Loc: Illinois
Re: NORML knows whats up :P [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #226949 - 05/16/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Im pretty stoked about this! :laugh:
Makes me want to move out to Cali so I can help out as much as possible.
But I live in Missouri, which probably has some of the harshest pot laws around :frown:

Well, besides China, where I think if you got caught with any amount of weed at all, you get the death sentence or a life sentence. You don't even get a trial, staight to the paddy wagon for you :P

--------------------

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."  ~Ken Kesey~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules