Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinettotheh
european son
Male

Loc: new york state Flag
help for 1st time grower!!!!!!!
    #226144 - 05/13/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ok i have about 8 seeds germinating right now and odds are some will be female and some will be male when i plant them in the woods is it ok to let males release there pollen idc if this means there will be seeds in the budsky i just want a pretty good yeild with some reg grass dosnt have to be super potent i actually want the plants to produce seeds for next season also is it ok to just use the dirt in the woods or should i use this miracle grow potting soil i have those are my only 2 options for soil thanks for the helppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. how many grams ounces etc... do u think my 8 plants will grow im planning on training them also thanks again!!!!!!!!

--------------------
I live with thirteen dead cats ,
a purple dog that wears spats,
they all live out in the hall,
and i cant stand it anymore

anything i say on this website is 100 % false

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTokinHippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: A Freezer
Re: help for 1st time grower!!!!!!! [Re: ttotheh]
    #226159 - 05/13/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well if you don't care about seeds, especially if you want seeds let the males release their pollen.  I would not use the soil in the woods, but where i live its acidic and not greatly nutrient rich.  I would dig down a couple of feet, maybe and plant the plants in some organic soil or something. As for their yield it depends a lot on what your doing to them, and the conditions their growing in.

--------------------
:cheers: Happy Moon Day!!!! May we return again soon! :darkside:

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #226160 - 05/13/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

welcome to the growery!!!........well if they are bagseeds they will be an unstable strain which means it wont be the best weed or grow the easiest....plus if they get pollinated, the alkaloid content of your plants will go down as the the seed count goes up! (its not really hard to spot and cull out the males).....if you do go through with this then i would mix some good organic top soil in where your going to plant them (you said you have miracle grow soil.....i've heard good things about miracle grow soil....ive never used it myself though).....
and for your last question.....it ranges but if you get a harvest it will be enough trust me especially if grown outdoors......
    (the first few weeks are the easiest and they are less needy, also good soil will feed them for you for a few weeks without you needing to feed them)......so save up some money while their still in the first few weeks of growth so youll have money to buy supplies like nutrients n' stuff (but you also gotta make shure the soil doesnt dry out to much.....<drought>)
    im shure your gonna have more questions soon....so keep posted!!!!
good luck!:hippie:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (05/13/09 10:46 PM)

Offlinettotheh
european son
Male

Re: help for 1st time grower!!!!!!! [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #226195 - 05/13/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks! n when u say enough does that mean the stash would last two people till the next harvest r should i get more seeds

--------------------

Offlinettotheh
european son
Male

#226206 - 05/13/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

sorry one more thing if i cull the males out of the crop b4 they release there pollen can i smoke the male plants or could i make them into some blender hash?

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #226209 - 05/13/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ttotheh said:
thanks! n when u say enough does that mean the stash would last two people till the next harvest r should i get more seeds

the weight of your harvest will depends on a lot of things.....it could possibly last that long, and it could possibly not....the range is big.....and it also depends how much you smoke and use to sell, or for edibles or hash....but if your growing outdoors in a good spot and have room for more the go for it! do a guerilla grow!....google it

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (05/13/09 11:29 PM)

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #226215 - 05/13/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ttotheh said:
sorry one more thing if i cull the males out of the crop b4 they release there pollen can i smoke the male plants or could i make them into some blender hash?

i dont think blender hash would be a good idea for males because they have a low content of thc in them and they dont crystalize like the females do, so there would be little to no trichomes to make blender hash out of......BUT! you could make butter out of them or even honey oil using butane.....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinettotheh
european son
Male

#226442 - 05/14/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks a couple are down germinating im gona start em in dixie cups

--------------------

OfflinePotheadBob
    #227204 - 05/17/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Only 8 plants?  I wouldn't just let those males pollinate whatever they want.  If you really want to get some seeds, here's what you do.  You keep an eye on the plants and as soon as they start showing sex you determine what's male and what's female.  Rip all but one of the males out (keep the biggest, best looking male).  Let the male grow until it's pollen sacks are getting ripe.  Then rip out that male, take it home, and take a few branches with pollen sacks and set them up in your closet over a tray.  Just let them dry for a few days in darkness and the pods will open and dump pollen on the tray.  Then you collect that pollon and put it in a dark canister (film container is good).  When the female buds are looking a little more developed (maybe 3 weeks into flowering) take that pollen, dip a little paint brush or Q-tip into it, and CAREFULLY sprinkle it on a select few buds on one branch.  You will get a shitload of seeds in whatever buds you sprinkle it on, so you don't need to impregnate many.  Pollinate the best looking female plant so that you are getting good genetics.

I did this last season and ended up with like a hundred seeds from one branch of one plant.  And I didn't have to compromise the rest of my virgins.

As for your other question, if you get 4 plants, I'd expect maybe 4 ounces.  But yield is genetically and growing environment dependent.  Just take good care of the plants and watch them a lot closer to the end of the grow because a bout of mold will destory all that precious bud.  I learned that the hard way during my first grow.

Offlinettotheh
european son
Male

Re: help for 1st time grower!!!!!!! [Re: PotheadBob]
    #227253 - 05/17/09 04:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks ill give that a try

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates