Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLotsae
How much to wet soil for composting of bone meal?
    #222428 - 05/02/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hi,

I'm currently mixing up some organic soil following Recipe #1 in the "Organics for Beginners" thread.

I used Sphagnum peat and followed the rest to the T.

I have roguhly 40 gallons of the mix and am at the wetting stage.

So far I have added 4 gallons of 1 gal/1 Tbsp dH2O/Liquid Karma. It will form a loosely packed ball if picked up and squeezed, but no drips will come out.

Is this wet enough? Or is field capacity reccomended? It seems to me field capacity would be too wet for simple composting of bone meal for a plant, but I am at apprentice status when it comes to botany.

I figured I would ask before I added more, b/c too little water will be much easier to correct than too much.

Thanks alot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much to wet soil for composting of bone meal? [Re: Lotsae]
    #222492 - 05/02/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Grow some plants with Bone meal added and some that don't have it added and see if you see a difference. I never have and scrubbed the bone meal from my outdoor grows.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineLotsae
Re: How much to wet soil for composting of bone meal? [Re: Magash]
    #222505 - 05/02/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I've been reading here the last few hours now and see what you mean, but I've already got the stuff in there so I'm going with it,

I used 5 gallons of liquid karma mixed w/ dH2O for roguhly 40 gallons of substrate. Does that sound right? It feels moist to the touch and packs loosely when squeezed.

Also, would it be safe to germinate in this mix (after composting of course), or would it scorch the seeds? I plan on doing the greenhouse method with non-white plastic cups.

I also have some bat guano. Mexican and Jamaican. I've read the mix I am using needs no ferts all the way to harvest. Since I have it, would it be ok to make some tea for the respective veg/flower state every 2-3 weeks and water with it?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much to wet soil for composting of bone meal? [Re: Lotsae]
    #222657 - 05/03/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The seeds should be fine. Start a few first as testers if there fine start the rest. Only a few days behind so when they get bigger you won't even be able to tell. :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate