Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher
    #217917 - 04/20/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Got a 1/4 of this at the local dispensary today.  Its called jolly rancher, but I was too stoned and forgot to ask what the genetics behind it were.  Anyone have any clue as to this strains heritage?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: 4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #217926 - 04/20/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

FUCKIN' YUM.

I'VE GOT SOME POT O' GOLD THAT'S REALLY DAMN TASTY. AND ABOUT 1/2OZ OF SOME OTHER SHIT, THAT'S ACTUALLY REALLY AWESOME, BUT i'M TOO HIGH TO REMEMBER THE NAME

--------------------

OfflineHydro
Male

Re: 4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #217943 - 04/20/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

CAPS SCORE

Harry_Ba11sach : 2
HYDRO : 1

FTW! GOD IM SO BORED AT WORK  AND I SEE YOU ALL SMOKING BOWLZ AND SHIT. GRRRR

Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: 4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher [Re: Hydro]
    #217947 - 04/20/09 02:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

bowls, BOWLS!!! this is 4 mother fucking twenty! Nothing but blunts here! already have had two naps 2!

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #217957 - 04/20/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fear.loathingSF said:
Got a 1/4 of this at the local dispensary today.  Its called jolly rancher, but I was too stoned and forgot to ask what the genetics behind it were.  Anyone have any clue as to this strains heritage?

NICE!!

I wish I had some of that right there for sure.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: 4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher [Re: Stoneth]
    #217993 - 04/20/09 03:39 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

that looks delicious

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineBig Chief
Pipe Dreams

#217998 - 04/20/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, everyone here can just look at a bud and tell what kind it is....................... LOL

--------------------
Big Chief, Big Buds, Big Pipe.

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: 4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher [Re: Big Chief]
    #218001 - 04/20/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yours looks better than this posers'

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/132249-jolly-rancher-club-pics.html

these folks are lame as hell.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-34290.html

Looks fire to me man, I'd say a great a choice. Whats the taste and high like?

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

Re: 4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher [Re: Big Chief]
    #218058 - 04/20/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Big Chief said:
Yeah, everyone here can just look at a bud and tell what kind it is....................... LOL

Ughh, I got it at a dispensary so the strain name is jolly rancher, and I am asking if anyone knows the genetics behind that strain.  Not a very strange question. :shrug:

OfflineHydro
Male

#218061 - 04/20/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Here a bit of History about jolly-Rancher.  (just some info i got from the net C&P)

I want to tell you the story of the strain Dannyboy and how it got it’s unusual strain name. Before I tell you about the strain let me tell you about the man. Growers by the nature of the game and the internet is a great way to still have some form of contact with other humans while not exposing your self to the security risk of actually having people know where you live or even what you do. Running a grow is somewhat of a ball and chain as you have chores to be done at least every 3 days and leaving a large indoor grow can always be a security risk so a grower can become secluded without this outlet.

I met a guy in 1993 that worked in the daytime, his nick name was “Blunt” and he seemed to always be online in the early mornings a lot. He ran a catering company that supplied coffee and donuts to job sites. Yes “Blunt” ran “Roach Coaches” and they made great chilli dogs! Over the next few years we became great friends meeting for the first time at the Jungle Juice Café in Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. I found out his name was Danny and from that day on we became brothers. I talked, he listened and we saw the sites together, always returning to the net and telling all our friends about the cool things we saw and experienced.

Danny always had my back and without getting to detailed he helped me get out of jail many times on his own dime. In 2001 I was working in Amsterdam for a seed distributor and Danny came to the cup for his second time in 2001 and on the second day passed away in his sleep at 38. Seems he had some health and job related stress issues he kept to himself. Over 200 stoners from the Internet attended his funeral. His parents didn’t know a man could have so many friends. It seems everyone liked the guy.

The only true way I could think of to honor this man was to name my first strain after him. He was a big fan of fruity tasting strains and loved the Killer Queen harvested at day 55. Once I found the female I wanted to work with we selected a few males of Ortega X C99 and did some out crossing. The best female was named Taco by stoner friends who made a joke about Ortega being a food company. The male was selected from only 2 boys but heritage is everything in breeding and either plant would have been a great father. The final product is a hybrid Danny would have loved.

Tasting like cherry “Jolly Rancher” candy and just covered in thick large trichomes this plant is equally good as a head stash or a Bubblehash making plant. It is so frosty I am sure the ratio when making bubble is very high. The dry kief from it is fruity and smooth and just lovely sprinkled on any bud. This weed smells and taste so much like cherries I was surprised at its finished color. Was just destiny and I am sure Blunt was helping from above...

From seed Dannyboy stays very short with wide sharp leaf edges and a dark green color. Only topped once the females were just a short fat bush and as they matured very little stretch was present. Resin showed as early as 21 days and by 30 days they reeked like cherry gum drops. Later as the plant reached maturity it took on a solid white frost with a sour cherry smell, the first hit blew me away it was so tasty I was shocked. Once the buds dried and cured for 30 days I would just sit and smell the buds I almost got a Brandy snifter to do so. From clone the only difference in the growth was a faster finish

At First she was just a favorite of Jill and I and then Sunycheba got a cut, grew her out and loved her. Badboy was given the duplication project (Killer Quuen f1 & Ortega X C99 Male) and while at it grew out several females from seed, all cherry and fruity and potent. The strain finishes very fast which is nice if you run a bit short close to harvest our phenotype was at least 10 days faster than any other strain in the garden. Her down side is she needs extra vegetive time to compete and yield heavy in soil she starts off slow and doesn’t hit her stride in the vegetive room till she’s over 30” tall. This strain has been around so much it has gained quite a following and recently a good friend “Irishfatboy” smoked some with Wille Nelson. My favorite story from his travels with Dannyboy in his stash is a buddy that was riding with him and when they stopped to break they had some DB bubble hash his friend says “ The colors are getting to me I need to lie down. Irishfatboy sent me a great picture of his buddy passed out on a beach with a huge smile on his face.
Another grower “Ganjaden” grew out Danny in large tubs full of soil and his results were amazing with his first harvest from a single pack of seeds coming in at over 26 ounces from 6 females. The more people grew her out the more everyone liked her.
I once did a thread on Overgrow detailing the 2001 Cannabis Cup and I mentioned Danny and his story and basically we sold out of the strain over night. We also have a Dannyboy BX or backcross that is a bit larger and more Killer Queen Dominant and that sold out as well. .............

you can read the rest of it here

http://www.weedbay.net/modules.php?modid=15&action=show&id=990

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#218154 - 04/21/09 01:38 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Lol I just got done reading that exact article in one of my old hightimes about 2 days ago about the Dannyboy strain

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineThe_Centre
Male

Re: 4/20 pickup- Jolly Rancher [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #218169 - 04/21/09 03:07 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I rolled a 4g blunt of some of my friends awsome Jack Herrer, and my own homegrown weed, then I drank 2g worth of canna oil, and then before it kicked in I smoked 1g of dank and 1g of my own stuff. After that is a haze, and I found myself asleep in bed with a pipe and a half smoked bowl. (It is a tobacco pipe so stuff doesn't fall out.) And I can vaugly reember smoking 2g more while in bed.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

#218259 - 04/21/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the info hydro. Very strange genetics indeed.  I have tried the c-99, I have only vaguely heard of the other parent strains.

I wasnt able to find any information on it with google, I appreciate your help :thumbup:

I still havent tried the stuff; I smoked too much hash yesterday and I like to try new strains when I am fully sober and able to experience unique high of each strain.

OfflineHydro
Male

#218266 - 04/21/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

awesome i was smoking hash last night as well :smile:

are you thinking about growing some of your own ?

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

#218293 - 04/21/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I bought these about 2 weeks ago and they really taken off in the last few days.  4 purple kush, 2 sour diesel

Edited by fear.loathingSF (04/21/09 03:00 PM)

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

#218294 - 04/21/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I dont know why I cant see what I wrote in the last post, but when I edit its there?

I got these clones 2 weeks ago and they are really starting to grow quickly.  there are 4 purple kush and 2 sour diesel

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder