Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJMR

My Cramped Little Garden.(Updated 06-20)
    #211186 - 04/01/09 03:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

So this is my first grow log here in the forums and I would have posted it earlier but I didn't have my camera, but now I do so here we go. Most of these plants are from that $20 dollar seed sale that had poor germination rates. The strains that I got are SSH, White Widow, Himalayan gold, and Big bud. Well we shall see how good they are.

I have four plants that are flowering and another 16 in vegging which 6 are going into flowering tonight. Three of the flowering plants are just some swag seeds. Except for the swag plants the grow medium is a mixture of Potting soil, Vermiculite, and Perlite.

The plant food that I got for them is miracle grow plant food and bloom booster. I would get something else but this is all I can afford right now and it seems to be doing pretty good.

This is the whole thing.

Now with the 400w HPS

As long as they don't go more than about 7ft I think that I am in the clear. The plywood against the wall is 4' and the ceiling is 8'.

The 3 are the ones that are in the back and they are White Widow they were germinated on 1-30 and only transplanted once. These are in 5,3,2 gallon buckets.

These next three starting from the left is Big Bud, SSH, and Himalayan Gold. They were all started on 1-30 also. The Himalayan gold is looking a little sad it got some nutrient burn but I flushed it and it seems to be turning around also I need to get something to tie it to cause it seems to be going crooked. The first two are in gallon milk jugs and the last is in a cc container.

The flowering swag plants I'll just call them M1,M2,M3. These plants seemed to grow a lot slower than the other ones. The main reason I think is cause the soil is kind of like a mud and never dries out really so I don't think that the roots are getting enough o2. Also they only grew about 6" from when they were vegging. They were put into 12/12 on 12-02 so we are on 49 days.

M1 This plant doesn't hardly smell at all.

This is a bud lower down on the plant.

M2 Just so happens to be a herm. I trimed off all the pollen sacks. This plant is starting to smell pretty sweet.

Pic of Seeds growing on the herm.

M3 This one is starting to smell like a piney skunky smell.

This is a Big Bud the went into flowering on 03-17 and is starting to show its pistils.

This are pics of the white widow and the Big bud that is not flowering.

I think I shall up date most likely every sunday.
Peace.

UPDATE 4-15
So after cutting down the herm and weeding out the males and harvesting one of the swag plants I am down to 7 female and 3-4 that have not shown sex yet.

Here is the whole lot of them

I know I moved them around so starting on the left is the big bud that has been in flowering since 3-17 and has grown a little over twelve inches in that month. Yes it is looking a little over watered.
Then there is the tallest that is the big bud and then the big bushy ww in the back. In the front is the last swag plant that I plan to harvest hopefully by next wensday. Then right in the middle is the himalayan gold that I need to get a post for cause it is crookeder than forest gumps back. Then the small group are the unknown strains which 2 are female.

This is the swag plant that I harvested early I thought it was close to being done.

10 grams dry and it gets me pretty stoned. Don't taste to great either but hay. I'm not complaining.

Here is the swag plant that is still flowering.

Good news all of the clones are taking root to the peat pellets for the next grow and also for little outdoor one also. Those are pretty much just Big bud and White Widow, took about a week and a half.

Edited by JMR (06/20/09 06:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: My Cramped Little Garden. [Re: JMR]
    #211189 - 04/01/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, chunk the HERM!!!!! They are in no way worth keeping as it could runi ur entire crop with seeds. all u gotta do is miss one sinlge little pollen sack and ur screwed. u got plenty of plants and unless u dont mind seeds, chunk it. ANd good job on ur first grow!:cheers:

--------------------

Invisibletravelleler
New and used cannabis seeds!!!

#211201 - 04/01/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I notice on the 3rd photo your lamp is kind of far from the canopy, not sure if you always have it set up like that or..??  you can get the light much closer to the tops-- like 8 inches.  Just make sure you put a fan circulating the air between the lamp and the plants really well.  and if you are going to be gone for a couple days you'll need to be sure the plants wont grow up into the lamp because that will pre-smoke your buds and you don't want that :lol: The closer the lamp the better the bud/resin production, just not too close or else...  :fireworship:  !!!

also, didn't see a fan in the pics... are you circulating air in your grow at all??  circulation is important because it makes it harder for insects to land on your plants and also helps prevent stagnant humid air from pooling in spots in your room which would make excellent habitat for molds-- another thing you don't want on your herb  :ganja:

air circulation and light-- your plants will love it!!

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Pour that on your granola and eat it, you zombie pinko bastards!"

OfflineJMR

Re: My Cramped Little Garden. [Re: travelleler]
    #211203 - 04/01/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

We'll I got all the pollen sacks on the herm and I figured why toss it out when it is producing plus there are not that many seeds. I have a small fan blowing on the lower end of the plants cause my big fan broke so I need to get a new fan and I also need to by some links to lower the light. thanks for the info
peace

Invisibletravelleler

#213163 - 04/07/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think it's exciting to see other people's progress like this-- really fantastic effort JMR, thanks!

how is it going now?  getting close to harvesting?:omgawesome:

--------------------
So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

OfflineJMR

#213234 - 04/07/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I saw some more pollen sacks on the herm so I just decided to cut it down. The bud in it wasn't that good two weeks premature and it smelt like hay and doesn't get me stoned at all. Hopefully the other two will be a bit better I will post a pic tomorrow of the two closes to harvest. I guess I will just update every Wednesday. Thanks for tuning in
Peace

OfflineJMR

#213895 - 04/09/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well I am pretty sure it is time to harvest, 60%-70% of the hairs are orange and they are pretty crystaly I took pictures but my comp is being gay and I cant upload from my cam. But I have pics I will try to post them later today. With the other plants the two Big bud are females and one White Widow is a female. So I had to chop down three plants I was sad, but yeah at least it wasn't all of them.
So I put the rest of them into flowering to sex them but I am debated weither to keep flowering or to go back to veg.

Invisibletravelleler

#214719 - 04/11/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

?? huh ?? I don't understand why you seem confused... is the point of your grow to get buds for you to use or is the point to veg moms and make clones??

if you are not budding yet then you could re-veg for a couple weeks then take cuttings and make clones then re-flower.... but jacking the plants around like that too much is not a good thing.  if you have a separate room or cabinet where you can do the vegging and cloning then choose  amom plant to re-veg and you can flower the rest.  By the time the ones are done budding your new clones will be ready to flower and you can then take more cuttings from your mom. 

Just be careful--  if you screw with them too much they could all end up hermie...  not dissin just sayin

if it was me I'd let a couple bud and re-veg one in  a separate chamber

--------------------

OfflineJMR

#214771 - 04/11/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well I already took clones so I am good that way but I was gonna put the smaller plants back into veg so that they could get bigger so they would yield more but I have decided not to go back to veg. I will try to post some pics tonight.

Invisibletravelleler

#215089 - 04/12/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

naw man you won't need to get bigger plants to get more buds-- in an indoor garden larger plants will actually work against you that way and you can get more buds of better quality from smaller plants than you can off a tall spindly plant.

anyone agree?

--------------------

OfflineJMR

#215222 - 04/13/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If i had more smaller plants I would agree but using the same plants that I have now they will produce more if they are bigger than they would be if they were smaller, as long as they are getting the necessary light. But no worries they are all going into flowing I am down to 11 plants total now. Going to pick up a knew card reader right now so I can get some picks up for you guys.

OfflineJMR

#221599 - 04/30/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry I haven't updated in a while I have been pretty busy. But I got you some pics. I will probably take some more tonight when I turn the light off.
Here is a pic of the whole thing. 7 females total and a bunch of clones

Here are the Big Bud.

They are over watered, the thing about it though is I haven't watered them that much. Just enough to get the soil barely wet, and like only one a week.

Here is the Himalayan Gold it is probably my fav cause it seems to be flowering faster then the rest.

And then here is the Big ass White Widow in the back that has started to get real bushy and tall.

And yeah I will get some more picks later tonight.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #221669 - 04/30/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lookin good man!!!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisibletravelleler

Re: My Cramped Little Garden. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #221727 - 04/30/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I bet they are getting root stress--- you have reallly big/tall plants and really tiny pots.  But good job anyway-- keep on troopin along :borat:

--------------------

OfflineAKSE

#221822 - 04/30/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

travelleler said:
I bet they are getting root stress--- you have reallly big/tall plants and really tiny pots.  But good job anyway-- keep on troopin along :borat:

Yeah that could definetly be it.  Those should be in much bigger pots.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #221858 - 04/30/09 09:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

travelleler said:

yeah definately agree....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineJMR

Re: My Cramped Little Garden. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #221959 - 05/01/09 07:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah the pots are a little to small, next time I will put them in bigger ones. But I think it is mainly to over watering at least on the small one. Thanks for the input.

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

#221962 - 05/01/09 07:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

what's a "swag" plant? is that some kind of strain or do you not know how to spell? just curious :hi5:

OfflineHydro
Male

Re: My Cramped Little Garden. [Re: usg543]
    #222036 - 05/01/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

swag as to do with apparency or style . (says urban dictionary)

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: My Cramped Little Garden. [Re: Hydro]
    #222038 - 05/01/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol... yeah i know what swag means. bitches love my swag.

i think he meant schwag

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies