Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Remaining general * 2
    #194059 - 02/10/09 02:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it's my opinion that articles about soil composition, fertilizing and such should all strive to explain what is needed and how but never to give specific amounts or brand names if we want to become a world wide website.

first of all brand names don't exist everywhere, secondly once you know what you're looking for and how to do it there's no need to follow a "tek" or some guide!!!

we should focus on the basics of cultivation and propagation first!
once everyone knows why the plant needs more then 12 hours of dark to flower there's no need to discuss what light schedule is better (it always depends of what you're trying to achieve and what kind of set up you have) you'll be able to make up your own mind!

the idea to be a good information resource is cool but most of the growers i've met on line (and i've met a big big bunch) always tend to tell you exactly what they're doing but not why they do it the way they do! i don't need to have the exact set up you have to grow good buds, i just need to understand all the elements that make Cannabis plants grow better!

once you have a strong base for understanding what makes the plants tick and you've got guides with photos and good (even scientific style) explanations you can go on to talk about specifics like liquid fert charts and specs for hydroponic grows and so on....

but if users open the guide today looking at lighting for example they will find this quote:
Quote:

Durotest Aquatinic 7500K bulbs are an excellent choice for cloning, seedling and mother plant lighting, for which they keep growth sturdy and compact. Switch to SunMaster Cool Deluxe metal halide during the early vegetative stage through the stretching phase of early flowering to keep the plant compact. Then finish off the plant's flowering cycle with Hortilux high pressure sodium lighting. They are extremely bright and efficient with superior dispersion.

before they learn what exactly IS a grow cycle.......

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Remaining general [Re: Simisu] * 1
    #194126 - 02/10/09 10:28 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You are correct, we should make an effort to offer information that is specific enough to provide insight, but not so specific that it will alienate people from different parts of the world by focusing on singular brands that are not always available to everyone.

InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Remaining general [Re: geokills] * 1
    #194656 - 02/11/09 06:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

hehe, good way to summarize but it's not only that... what i'm mainly saying is to give the basics, and to focus on WHY rather then how...

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Remaining general [Re: Simisu] * 1
    #194714 - 02/11/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The "Alton Brown" approach, the science behind why things work the way they do.  I like! :yesnod:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies