Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelinmac91

male cuttings
    #188460 - 01/23/09 05:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ok, so i have two plants, they are starting to head up a bit and one's just starting to get white hairs. i took some clones and put in a dark place to let roots grow. when i came back half the clones are males... can they change sex or is one plant a male? i just thought becaause i know sometimes u can make a plant himafridite if u stress light....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelinmac91

Re: male cuttings [Re: linmac91]
    #188468 - 01/23/09 05:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

also forgot to mention, i thought that both the plans were female because i've seen flower tips in both plants earlierr in the season...

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: male cuttings [Re: linmac91]
    #188943 - 01/24/09 06:49 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

well it's possible you have some strong hermi traits, and putting them in the dark (for how long btw?) stressed them and caused them to express those traits.  you don't need to root in the dark, in fact it would be better for you to use a light source.  growing new roots from a cutting takes a lot of energy, and the only place for a stem to get that energy is through photosynthesis (a stem cutting doesn't have starch or sugar reserves because of its lack of root system). 

one of your plants might go hermi strongly during flowering.  did you label the clones so you know which ones came from which plants??

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinelinmac91

Re: male cuttings [Re: Yrat]
    #189118 - 01/24/09 07:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

They were in the dark for about 5 days when i first notaced signs of male, (not really long enough to grow male heads i must have overlooked them when putting in pots). I dont have a light system, and having tryed cuttings outside once before, I found it's to hard to keep them healthy, because they always wilt, so for me it's easier to just go in the dark... They are all healthy looking btw... And i didnt even use rooting hormone!
And no, i dint label them...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds