Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

Does anybody have a Disco Ball
    #170989 - 12/27/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I want one but the cheapest one i found is $700, they shouldn't be too hard to make though i think im just going to make my own. Ill take apart some fan or something that spins for the motor and figure out how to wire it to a lightswitch. This is my new goal. I want the ultimate lightswitch, when i flip it I want music to play, the lights to turn off, lasers and the disco ball to go on, and maybe some other graphics. Ideally i would just clap my hands and my house will turn into basically a disco/rave type of dealio.

--------------------
LSD has the potential to counter the psychological problems induced by materialism, alienation from nature through industrialization and increasing urbanization, lack of satisfaction in professional employment in a mechanized, lifeless working world, ennui and purposelessness in wealthy, saturated society, and lack of a religious, nurturing, and meaningful philosophical foundation of life. -Albert Hoffman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

Re: Does anybody have a Disco Ball [Re: MassSpectrometer]
    #170992 - 12/27/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Are we humans? Or are we dancers?

--------------------
LSD has the potential to counter the psychological problems induced by materialism, alienation from nature through industrialization and increasing urbanization, lack of satisfaction in professional employment in a mechanized, lifeless working world, ennui and purposelessness in wealthy, saturated society, and lack of a religious, nurturing, and meaningful philosophical foundation of life. -Albert Hoffman

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#170997 - 12/27/08 09:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You should be able to find one much cheaper than that. What size are you thinking of? I'm sure you will need some gearing to make the motor slow enough as well.

OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

Re: Does anybody have a Disco Ball [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #170999 - 12/27/08 09:13 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The bigger the better, i was look at 40inchers. but yes your right the motor would need some fine tuning, i want to see lasers all over that badboy, im sure that trip me out to the max

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#171005 - 12/27/08 09:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Wow that's pretty big. An 8" or 10" would be plenty for a fairly large room in a house. 40" would do a gymnasium.

OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

#171006 - 12/27/08 09:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

LOL okay then maybe ill go with something smaller, i just like to have the best of the best ya no

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#171011 - 12/27/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yah. Me too lol. You should be able to find a smaller one in a kit complete with light and motor for well under $100.00. You can use the money you save to buy lights, lasers, sound sensors etc...

I've got a bunch of lights and even a good sized fog machine left over from when I used to run an audio store. I had it all set up in a room at the house a few years ago. Storage needs kinda over ran that room though. I need to do some expanding.

OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

#171013 - 12/27/08 09:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ya you should expand, im shooting for the ultimate trip palace. i love tripping but i dont do it as often as i should due to nothing to trip on, i need to expand my tripping horizons

--------------------

OfflineJmk0420
~Rock n Roll~
Male

Loc: Dela..where?
    #171066 - 12/27/08 11:56 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

you can get a nice size one at "five below" for five bucks...dosent have a motor on it though....

--------------------

OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

Re: Does anybody have a Disco Ball [Re: Jmk0420]
    #171068 - 12/27/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i dont want a nice size one, i want an epic ball, that way ill have three

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #171121 - 12/27/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i got one of these.  it works wonders  :grin:

OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

Re: Does anybody have a Disco Ball [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #171122 - 12/27/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

nice, what else do you got

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #171123 - 12/27/08 03:39 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:shrug: that's it  lol
i found it stashed away in the garage.  tis a shame to let a good trip toy go to waste

OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

Re: Does anybody have a Disco Ball [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #171126 - 12/27/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ya that would be a shame, you should hit up some blacklights

--------------------

OfflineMassSpectrometer
Ion Cyclotron

#171131 - 12/27/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Offlineimpgl

#171143 - 12/27/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ive been meaning to get a huge disco ball after seeing that movie groove

--------------------

Invisibleperosiste
I controls the spice
 User Gallery

Loc: I controls the universe
Re: Does anybody have a Disco Ball [Re: impgl]
    #171146 - 12/27/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If your looking for the best lighting stuff

American DJ is the brand that you want

also you only want a disco ball to spin at about 3-4 rpm normally 10-12 max.  anything faster than that really isn't safe

They also make some really cool lasers that react to the music

--------------------
[quote]hemostats said:
like i said before

quite simply, you are a nuisance while i am a smooth criminal.[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale