Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesandles
Help a newbie grow something dank
    #133546 - 10/17/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I want to turn a spare bedroom into a special garden. I have done a few attempts at growing before, but this will be the first really well funded grow where I can get what I need. The previous attempts were messed up by bad equipment and a moldy room which will no longer be a problem.

What is the best possible soil or  mix to use for indoor containers under 600hps? By best I mean for the dankest most flavorful plants possible?

What about nutes and nute schedule for organic? Can someone point me to a good read about this? I did read the one sticky post but which is the best?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Help a newbie grow something dank [Re: sandles]
    #133563 - 10/17/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well Foxfarm Potting Soil has always treated me right, and Dutch Master Gold, all the ones they list, seriously. They are the best but pricey. You will want 12-liter square pots to get the best spacing and plants.

--------------------

Offlineimpgl

Re: Help a newbie grow something dank [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #133594 - 10/17/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

make sure to have a BIG exhaust fan, intake, and oscillating fans in there. maybe a dehumidifier because of the winter rains. also, consider where draining is going to go. if you just let the water stay there to become stagnant, then it'll not only raise your humidity and invite mold, but it becomes a breeding ground for all sorts of pests.

I've also always used fox farms ocean blends and its good. i've tried all sorts of nutes, but i'm all about Earth juice right now. i hear you don't have to pH adjust with organics, but i do anyways, using earth juice pH crystals. follow directions on bottle and you get a nice bouquet of heady nugz

--------------------

Offlineblueberry D
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Help a newbie grow something dank [Re: sandles]
    #133621 - 10/17/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

fox farm for sure and  i use monster bloom for nutes.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help a newbie grow something dank [Re: impgl]
    #133766 - 10/18/08 04:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Earth Juice is good but you will have to do major PH adjustments with it. One of the major reasons I stopped using Earth Juice. I do like the Earth Juice Micro Blast and their PH adjusters.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineimpgl

Re: Help a newbie grow something dank [Re: Magash]
    #134582 - 10/19/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i've been using earth juice all season long, including their pH adjusters, and my plants seem to love them. my water starts off at around 8.3 and after i add all of the EJ i end up with around 4.4. a few tablespoons later and im right at 6.2. all of my plants are healthy, deep colored, and salute the sun every morning. i see nothing wrong/

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #134675 - 10/20/08 06:38 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Earth Juice I used it for years but as far as organic nutes go there are much better out there. I said they had major PH adjustments if you use it and you verified that.
Quote:

my water starts off at around 8.3 and after i add all of the EJ i end up with around 4.4. a few tablespoons later and im right at 6.2.

When using them indoors in pots or grow bags they also build up on the top of the soil building up into a crust that really isn't a big deal unless your keeping mother plants over a long period of time then it hardens over a period of time and is hard for water to penetrate. What the real prob is when using indoors they build up in the soil and attract bugs esp fungus gnats.
Then last to get the full effects of the stuff you have to use much larger amounts then other organic nutrients to get the same results.

GENERAL USE RATES PER GALLON OF WATER
Rates may be adjusted according to individual needs.    MILD NORMAL STRONG EXTRA STRONG
GROW
For general purpose and vegetative growth 1/2 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 3 Tbsp
BLOOM
For blooming and fruit production 1/2 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 3 Tbsp

Add these products for Superior Results: CATALYST
To stimulate growth and flower and fruit production 1 tsp 1 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 3 Tbsp
META-K
Include Meta-K every 4th feeding
1/2 tsp 1-2 tsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp
ASSIST
Initially use 4 tsp, follow every 2-4 weeks with 1-2 tsp.
MICROBLAST
Use 2-4 tsp to prevent and correct micro nutrient deficiencies and to perk up plants.

Now when it comes to the end of the grow period just before harvest it's good to flush weather using organic nutes or chem. Good luck getting a proper flush when using their nutrients do to the build up.
When using outdoors they are fine cause you won't be keeping the plants over a long period of time and attracting a few fungus gnats isn't a big deal as soon a the first good wind comes along but indoors there are better ways to go.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlineimpgl

Re: Help a newbie grow something dank [Re: Magash]
    #134722 - 10/20/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i've been noticing this crust myself and was a bit concerned. i just brought all of my outdoor plants inside due to a recent theft and was worried about introducing bugs (i've seen thrips flying about).

tell me magash, whats the greenthumb organic secret? what should i use?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #134735 - 10/20/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

for pest control?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineimpgl

Re: Help a newbie grow something dank [Re: coda]
    #134828 - 10/20/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

nope just for fert line.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #134962 - 10/20/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well I've had good luck with the Pure Blend Pro line. There is also a new product that I've tried out and the plants seem to really love it. 3D Organic Solutions. The company is out of the Humboldt area and I gave them a call and they are really into what they do.
Now the crust thing isn't that big a deal just get a nail or something and stick it just a 1/8 to 1/4 inch into the soil and scrape that crust up and you'll be fine. Just became a pain in the ass when you have a ton of plants.
Now the problem with bugs came with fungus gnats. When putting new cuttings in the soil or starting new cuttings for that matter the larva of these little mother fuckers love the new roots to munch on.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds