Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

How To Make A Spoon
    #122367 - 09/14/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This isn't my tek, I wish I could blow glass, but I thought it may help or inspire some to do so.  Me I'd love to but don't have the money for the equipment.  Would be cool to sell your pipes and make some money. 

Tools/Materials used:

Bethlehem Tiger Shark torch
25.4mm Simax tubing
4mm Simax rod
Various colors of borosilicate rod
3/4" bowl push
Graphite marver plate
Hand held graphite marver
Claw grabbers
Disc nippers

Start with a point about 3-4" long. I usually use 25.4mm Simax 4.0mm wall tubing for this.

Using a rod of color (stringer if you wish), draw a line starting at the tip of the point away from your hand spiraling around the point down to where the point starts to get small at the handle.

This is the "wrap" part of wrap & rake.

Do the same with other colors. The colors I used (I think...) were Purple Luster, Silver Strike 3, and Warm Yellow.

You can leave clear spaces on the point for a different effect.

You may want to try fuming with silver, gold, or both, then laying clear stripes on top of the fuming.

Using a clear rod (4mm or so), start at the top of the point, heat the rod and the colored stripes, and draw clear lines down the length of the point.

This is the "rake".

Continue around the point until you have raked the entire piece. You can space them as close or as far apart as you think looks best.

Attach a punty to the end of the point opposite the handle.

Start heating the middle of the point with a wide bushy flame.

Let the center condense a little, and allow it to set up for a few seconds out of the flame. Keep rotating.

Then pull the handle and punty away from each other to stretch the center of the point.

Let the center set up so it's not moving any more, and start to heat the point at the handle end (the end with the tube, not the punty) just past the area you just stretched.

Let this set up slightly, and then pull down into a nice taper. Give a little puff into the tube to make sure you don't close off the hole.

Heat the punty end of the point until it is nice and soft.

Remove excess glass to give the pipe a nice termination at the end of the bowl.

Heat the end that you just removed the punty from with a nice wide bushy flame. Let it condense a little smaller than the original size of the tube.

Remove it from the flame and keep rotating while it sets up for a few seconds.

Blow into the tube gently while rotating to shape the bowl.

Once the bowl is shaped, let the whole thing set up so it's not glowing. Using a small pinpoint flame, heat a small point on the bowl you just made while blowing into the tube. When it gets hot enough, you will blow a hole in in the bowl.

Heat the area around the hole you just made until it is soft, then using a bowl push make the bowl.  Be careful not to push it down too deep so it hits the back of the bowl.

Using a narrow flame, heat the side of the bowl while blowing. Keep blowing until you pop a hole in the side of the bowl for the carb.

Heat the bottom of the bowl and flatten it slightly on the marver.  This will give it a flat bottom so it will not roll around once it's cool.

I like to add clear dots, or maybe a small marble on the outside of the bowl.  This is completely optional, but I think it just makes it look a little nicer.

Preheat your claw grabbers and grab the bowl. Heat the mouthpiece and pull it out nice and thin.

Use the nippers to clip off the handle at the thin part you just pulled.

Heat and shape the mouth piece. If the hole gets too small, use a piece of graphite to open it back up.

The finished spoon.

© 2006 Cosmo Glassworks

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (09/14/08 11:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: THEBats]
    #122368 - 09/14/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

friggin sickkkk :awebig:

InvisibleToiletduk
Head Goon

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #122370 - 09/14/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Cool! :cool: I wish I could do that too.

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: Toiletduk]
    #122387 - 09/14/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

that would be nice, i would love to blow glass

spoon first..... roor next :cool:

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineSassy
nice shoes, wanna fuck?
Female

Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: still beLIEve]
    #122446 - 09/15/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You fucking rock.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: Sassy]
    #122478 - 09/15/08 02:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if anybody knows about this place but in Oakland Calif there is a place called Oaksterdam University. They teach how to run mad clubs, how to grow for yourself and commercially, how to work as a budtender, (yeah that's what they call the people working behind the counter at the med clubs now) anyway I'll get to the point, they also teach glass blowing.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePhriend
/\/\♠♠♠/\/\
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the walls
Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: Magash]
    #122479 - 09/15/08 02:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

haha budtenders that shit is teh lame

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: Phriend]
    #122481 - 09/15/08 02:21 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it is.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: Magash]
    #122498 - 09/15/08 05:45 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thats an awesome pictorial.  you should add this to the main site.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: How To Make A Spoon [Re: Yrat]
    #122500 - 09/15/08 06:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sure you could get permission from the guy to put it on the site or at least link to it.

http://cosmoglassworks.com/tutorials/spoon.html

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
Sex, Nugs, And Rock N' Roll
Male

#122601 - 09/15/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

my school offers a general glass art blowing class, i was considering taking it just to learn this, and now after seing the process i think im really going to do it. that looks so tight

--------------------
"One Day, One World, One Love." 4/20   

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds