Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekungpow
 User Gallery
Harvest
    #10728 - 04/23/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well the other day I decided to harvest my plants about a month early. The paranoia was getting to me so bad. I have decided that I am not going to grow anymore until I have made all of the proper precautions.

I need to save up to buy a carbon filter because the smell just gets ridiculous. I could smell the shit outside my house, in the basement, in the living room, and pretty much every where else. It isn't like I could constantly smell it but i would get a whiff of it.

This was my first grow and it was from bag seed but it looks like I am going to have close to a qp even with cutting them down early. So I am happy. I am sure the trichs could have gotten alot bigger.

I wish I had pics but I don't.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePipesmoker Elf
Super Coyote
Female

Re: Harvest [Re: kungpow]
    #10751 - 04/23/08 05:03 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

How much grow space did you have and what light were you using? :smile:

--------------------

Offlinekungpow
 User Gallery

Re: Harvest [Re: Pipesmoker Elf]
    #11570 - 04/24/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I had about a 3x5 space with a 400 watt light. I have a digital switchable ballast. So that way I can put either type of bulb into the socket and have them work.

I ended up getting about 2 ounces of decent bud and about 4 oz of trimmings. Since I quit so early a lot of the buds weren't worth keeping so I through them in my trimmings pile and I am going to make some canna butter when I get home from class.

~peace Out

Offlineelaspeinreason
his serene highness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington DC
    #11573 - 04/24/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

how come you didn't take the precautions in the first place ?

--------------------
हम सब एक है ~ We Are All One
The ultimate source of happiness, successful life, is within ourselves. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harvest [Re: elaspeinreason]
    #11579 - 04/24/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Eagerness, I'm sure. It obviously didn't work, he now knows why to be more careful, so its probably best to just leave it at that, don't you think? :smile:

--------------------

Offlinekungpow
 User Gallery

Re: Harvest [Re: Sirius]
    #11632 - 04/24/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

There were a few reasons. Sirius named one of them and the other is cash flow. It would cost me about 200 bucks to seal off the room and get a good ventilation system that would take care of the smell.

Hopefully by the end of the summer I will have the cash to start back up. I also want to buy seeds next time around because I feel that growing bag seed is sort of a waste of time. For the effort that you put into it you just don't get what you could if you were to make a small investment on some good seeds. So that means I need about $300 to start back up.

While I am on the topic anyone know of a good site that ships to the us? Have any suggestions on a strain that you like?

~Peace Out

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #11646 - 04/24/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not sure on the sites that will ship to the US, but I'd suggest looking for a good strain that is mostly indica. Northern Lights is a classic and I've been reading that it relatively doesn't have so much odor. My friend is going to start growing indoors for the first time and he's going to try out a good Northern Lights strain and Pakistan Valley, and Diesel x Lowryder on the side for some fun. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck