Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSiekostoner
Male

Yellowing leaves? Close to harvest?
    #101804 - 08/03/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The big fan leaves on my plant are turning very yellow, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it does that by itself in the final stages of flowering....? How much longer do you think I should wait before I harvest? Most of the hairs are still white, and all the trichomes look milky......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yellowing leaves? Close to harvest? [Re: Siekostoner]
    #101805 - 08/03/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

How long have they been underneath 12/12? Is there more growth occurring in the buds themselves?

--------------------

OfflineSiekostoner
Male

Re: Yellowing leaves? Close to harvest? [Re: Sirius]
    #101953 - 08/03/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
How long have they been underneath 12/12? Is there more growth occurring in the buds themselves?

None that I can see... it pretty much stopped growing a little less than a week ago.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #101962 - 08/03/08 10:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

How long since you flipped the lights, though?

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#101983 - 08/03/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

your plants aren't even close to done.  what kind of lights you using? 

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (08/03/08 10:50 PM)

OfflineSiekostoner
Male

#102187 - 08/04/08 02:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
How long since you flipped the lights, though?

7-8 weeks maybe?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#102192 - 08/04/08 02:21 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well, that's floros for ya.  how many watts total you go on em?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineSiekostoner
Male

Re: Yellowing leaves? Close to harvest? [Re: THEBats]
    #102194 - 08/04/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
well, that's floros for ya.  how many watts total you go on em?

Started out with 150, then added another so now it's 300.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#102195 - 08/04/08 02:37 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Not bad, still though plants won't pack on the weight with floros.  works great for veg though.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineSiekostoner
Male

#102251 - 08/04/08 08:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Not bad, still though plants won't pack on the weight with floros.  works great for veg though.

Meh, I don't really care how much it all weighs, it's not like I'm growing to sell or anything...... I'm just learning so soon I can have my own weed supply. I just wanna know, how much time left do you guys think I have till they're ready for harvest.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#102255 - 08/04/08 09:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

from the looks of those plants you've still got a ways to go

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Yellowing leaves? Close to harvest? [Re: Yrat]
    #102274 - 08/04/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:

Snap SON!

OfflineSiekostoner
Male

Re: Yellowing leaves? Close to harvest? [Re: Yrat]
    #102282 - 08/04/08 11:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:

Hmmmm...... why do you say that? I mean I believe you, but I just wanna know what about it points towards it being a long way from being done? I thought the yellowing leaves were a sign of it being in the last stage of flowering.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#102284 - 08/04/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

It just looks like the plant lacked a lot of light, nutrients, correct pH, the better you get at controlling the plants environment, the better it will grow.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#102285 - 08/04/08 11:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

he says that because there no bud lol.  wait to u start seeing amber trichnones then you'll know.  prolly not getting more than a quarter from that tho.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineSiekostoner
Male

#102290 - 08/04/08 11:38 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
he says that because there no bud lol.  wait to u start seeing amber trichnones then you'll know.  prolly not getting more than a quarter from that tho.

Wasn't really expecting more than a quarter anyway....... it's my first grow, so I'm still learning. Next time I'll start out with 300 watts rather than adding the second 150 in the last couple weeks...... I just wish it would finish up already so I can get my grow room organized and try again.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#102291 - 08/04/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yea.  seriously though if u have the money invest in atleast some form of HPS.  Even a 150 watt can make all the difference and will make the nugs you do get dense.

Also look into either LST or SCROG to maximize the potential of the lights.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (08/04/08 11:41 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#102295 - 08/04/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

How close to the lights were they during the grow?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Yellowing leaves? Close to harvest? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #102304 - 08/04/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

they're floros and even then the yellowing is at the bottom which means it isn't due to heat from the lights.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineaDoS
freedom lover
Male

Loc: land of the free
    #102329 - 08/04/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I thought yellow leaves were a sign of nutrient deficiency?

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck