Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomyshroom
 User Gallery

lowering waters ph
    #98929 - 07/31/08 03:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hi guys just wondering if someone could help me lower my waters ph with something i have around the house until i have time to go to the hydro shop on sunday...any help greatly apprecaited thanx in advance shroomyshroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: lowering waters ph (moved) [Re: shroomyshroom]
    #98944 - 07/31/08 05:22 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This thread was moved from Outdoor Cultivation.

Reason:
The topic is a general topic that doesn't specifically involve outdoor growing, so it is more appropriate for the main cultivation forum.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: lowering waters ph [Re: shroomyshroom]
    #98945 - 07/31/08 05:24 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard apple cider vinegar may work, possibly any kind of vinegar. I don't know anything more than that on the matter, though. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: lowering waters ph [Re: Sirius]
    #98976 - 07/31/08 08:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

any type of acid will lower your pH.  like sirius said, vinegar will work (acetic acid).  also lemon or lime juice (citric acid) should lower it with just a few drops, depending on how buffered your water is.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: lowering waters ph [Re: Yrat]
    #98980 - 07/31/08 08:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

How well does it work though, as far as growing is concerned? I see using it in a pinch if you're out of a pH adjuster, but would something like vinegar or lemon juice be just fine all the time? Does it hold the pH stable?

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: lowering waters ph [Re: Sirius]
    #99059 - 07/31/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well to hold the pH stable you need a buffer, which is comprised of an acid and its conjugate base, or vice versa.  vinegar or lemon juice would be a quick fix, but i really don't know how well they'd hold up adding them to soil.

but since you mentioned your hydro shop, i'm assuming a hydro setup?  in this case once you've got your pH correct, there's not really anything that's going to change it.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleLegalize Me

Re: lowering waters ph [Re: Yrat]
    #99205 - 07/31/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

YA VINEGAR ONLY WORKS FOR A DAY OR SO,IF YOU ADD TO MUCH USE BAKING SODA TO BRING IT BACK UP

OfflineDJYoshaBYD
Grand-High Pooba Joo
Male

Re: lowering waters ph [Re: Legalize Me]
    #102279 - 08/04/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

just buy a PH kit from a hyrdo shop.. or even a PH test kit from a pool place or home depot.. You can test the PH using the liquid stuff (red dye), or the test strips.. you can get PH up and PH down from a hydro store, with a PH test kit, for about 35 bucks.. and it only takes a few drops of the PH up/down to make a difference.. I have been using mine for months now, and outside children like LOTS of water.. so, it lasts a while

--------------------
Joo Crop '08 - White Witch, White Widow, Some random bagseed

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale