Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOmbient
ɥɐɹq ɹǝqos

Some questions
    #5693 - 04/21/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

1) Any strains that would be good for beginners who've never cultivated? Or does it not matter?

2) Any that do particularly good outdoors?

3) Any that do particularly good indoors?

4) If you can grow mushrooms you should be able to grow herb right? Is there the possibility of failing the first couple tries like with mushroom cult?

Help a noob out, I've only smoked it; never even given a thought about growing it myself really :gethigh:

Edited by Omni (04/21/08 06:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Some questions [Re: Ombient]
    #5716 - 04/21/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

im new to it too.

i'd say the best strain to start with is a free strain. bagseed or freebie beans or traded beans

some are recommended to be grown outdoors only and vice versa

you can get very good results with little money by doing a small cabinet with cfl's

the question "what is harder to grow, mushrooms or cannabis?" has been around for a while, i'd say if you are somewhat of a greenthumb you can do it. IMO mushrooms are more forgiving, as for cannabis, it's a lot easier to destroy the whole project with one action

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Offlineganjahero
Ganja Hero
Male

Loc: Here and There
    #5720 - 04/21/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sure, there are strains that are good for beginners. Mandala seeds are good indoor or out if you can find any. Marijuana is easy to grow. Good marijuana isnt. Your first time will be trial and error. Dont expect a huge yield your first go.

--------------------
"I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years.
And I still think of it as a basic staple in life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits -
and millions of Americans agree with me." - HST

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Some questions [Re: araucaria]
    #7235 - 04/21/08 11:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

araucaria said:
i'd say the best strain to start with is a free strain. bagseed or freebie beans or traded beans

Some of the types of weed you buy might not be the best for growing indoors though. They could be huge Mexican sativas or something. :hehehe:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #7249 - 04/21/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Omni said:
4) If you can grow mushrooms you should be able to grow herb right? 

I think it should be. Mushroom growers are already knowledgeable and experienced with environmental controls, considering factors like the substrate and humidity and whatnot, so as long as they post here to learn more about what cannabis needs, they should be fine. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Re: Some questions [Re: Sirius]
    #8295 - 04/22/08 10:19 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Quote:

araucaria said:

Some of the types of weed you buy might not be the best for growing indoors though. They could be huge Mexican sativas or something. :hehehe:

yes, but still, it's better to try with free seeds just to see how you do, you can grow whatever you want indoor, some will just be harder to finish right

--------------------
Kids are always honest

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#8312 - 04/22/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

start with some good bagseed outdoors for your first time. dig a hole, get some nice dirt, and let nature do your work for you. there's no sense in trying to learn the hard way with lots of expensive equipment, and hey, summer's almost here anyways.

If you've ever grown any vegetables, marijuana is 10x easier. It literally is a weed that will take tons of punishment and still grow quite ferociously.

Dirt, water, sun.

Get some expensive seeds later when you understand the requirements and growth patterns.

If you can grow mushrooms successfully, you are set. Really. Mushrooms are such a bitch compared to this stuff.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Re: Some questions [Re: Yrat]
    #8329 - 04/22/08 11:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

or you could just collect some bagseed, find some cfls around your house and put them in a tub with a PC fan

--------------------
Kids are always honest

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #8332 - 04/22/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I'd still be afraid of an eight foot tall Mexican sativa if we're talking indoor growing. :lol:

I think it should be possible to get some good strains from vendors for about $20 though, some nice indica ones so you don't have to worry. :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules