Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

looking at grow supplies - can someone help me out?
    #322354 - 11/27/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im building a stealth grow box just like this one

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55057

i have a dresser hollowed out with the doors glued on to the front right now. im letting it sit for 24 hours before standing it up. i also saved the original back piece and bought some Velcro for easy removal when i need to get to the plants.

im looking at the worms way website for exhaust fans and carbon filters so i can finish this grow box off next week. i found the blower i want, and the carbon filter i want:

Dayton Vent Blower
18" Can Filter

i like to get these 2 along with the 4 inch tubing, but my question here is under the product description for the can filter it says, "Can Filter 2600 has a screw-on/snap-on mounting feature and comes with pre-filter; the flange is sold separately."

what is the flange? how do i know if it will fit/work with this carbon filter? sorry if this is a dumb question. id like to figure out what all i need to buy so i can get the money together and get it all at once. its almost a 2 hours drive to this hydro store. i gotta go there so i can get the fan i want.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: looking at grow supplies - can someone help me out? [Re: Pilze]
    #322355 - 11/27/09 04:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.wormsway.com/detail.aspx?sku=CFF604&AC=1

i found this. it says it will fit the carbon filter i want to get, but what the hell is this thing? why do i need it and how does it attatch? how do the vent tubes connect to everything?

once again, i hope these arent too stupid of questions. i have the thing built in my mind, but i need to figure out a couple more things and ill have a fully operations stealth grow box.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: looking at grow supplies - can someone help me out? (moved) [Re: Pilze]
    #322373 - 11/27/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Better suited to grow room design.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: looking at grow supplies - can someone help me out? (moved) [Re: Pilze]
    #322514 - 11/28/09 01:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's very unusual I must say. A carbon filter that comes without a flange. Assholes.

I imagine you screw the flat end of the flange onto the carbon filter then hook the duct up to it. That's just what I think - I think this is very strange as well.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: looking at grow supplies - can someone help me out? [Re: Pilze]
    #322629 - 11/28/09 11:42 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The flange comes with self tapping metal screws and you just screw the flange onto the filter.  This allows different fan/filter configurations depending on the growers needs.  Almost all of the Can Filter brand filters are sold with out the flange.  Then you just tape or clamp the ducting or fan to the filter depending on your set up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds