Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Centre
Male
How much yield can I expect?
    #194164 - 02/10/09 01:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have 15 seedlings, outdoor, in average sized pots. I live in the southern hemisphere, and if I put my pots in the right spot they are still getting a good 13 - 13 1/2 hours of light, as I live near the coast. I have a very moderate climate. I am using a very good soil mix.

I use a triple dose of seagrow (fish emulsion.) with every watering, and my soil has bone meal at the bottom of the pot and chicken shit through the whole pot.
It has been two weeks since I saw my first seedling, and on average they are on there fourth node, and I just replanted my plants, within one day they have started to surge in the new soil, as I didn't use very good soil for the seedlings, not to mention they got pot bound, I had a lot to do so I didn't have time to buy soil and fertilizer till a few days ago.
I would like to know, with 2-3 months of very productive vegging (these seeds seem to grow well even in winter, my friend got 2 ounces per plant in dead winter, and it was a hard winter.) how much should I get for 15 plants. Give a minimum, a maximum, and a probable amount.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: How much yield can I expect? [Re: The_Centre]
    #194313 - 02/10/09 07:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

To many variables in that. Including experience.

You can't have to much experience or you wouldn't of ask that question.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: How much yield can I expect? [Re: KaptKid]
    #194612 - 02/11/09 12:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

First summer grow. I have grown twice in the winter, got an ounce and a half per plant.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

OfflineNibin

#194636 - 02/11/09 02:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

What is an avarage sized pot? That will  be a big limiting factor.

How deep are thay and what volume? How tall do you intend to let the plants become?

OfflineMr. Hands
    #194653 - 02/11/09 06:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You must be a newb.  :lol:

Anybody with any experience would never ask that question. Your plants could get some weird fungus or they could get ripped by a thief.  Half of them could do great and half of them could die.  Animals could eat them.  They could end up all scraggly and crappy.  You just never know what will happen.

Whatever happens happens.  It makes no sense to make predictions.  You will just waste brainpower doing so.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: How much yield can I expect? [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #194671 - 02/11/09 08:25 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It is my back yard, so that eliminates the weird fungus, ripped by a thief and animals possibility. This is my first summer grow, so in that way, you can consider me a newb. Not to mention it is my first grow with more than 3 plants.

I do not know the average outdoor in pots yield, although I do know that on average an indoor grow will be around 2 ounces per plant.

I just want to know if I should expect more from a good outdoor than a good indoor (per plant.), or if 60g is most likely.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

Offlinemsmr5150
    #194680 - 02/11/09 09:19 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i am by no means an expert but im sure if you want more buds you should put them in the ground. dont quote me on this but i read somwhere that you can expect about 2 feet of plant per gallon in pots. although i am a little confused about that because a few days ago i saw somone post a pic of some plants that im guessing were almost 2 feet inside the red party cups.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
    #194684 - 02/11/09 10:12 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know my friend grew a 6fter in a pot not much larger than the biggest I am using. And since I do not have that much of the season left, I would guess that mine would get about 4ft tall, and my fastest growing plant probably 5ft. They are mostly sativa's though.

Oh, and for when I am harvesting, I will harvest a plant every 4-5 days since I see most of them are cloudy (90%, with 10% clear.) till they are mostly amber.

Very high for wake and bake, surfing, and tripping.
High for mentally intensive work.
Medium high for more boring work.
Medium for relaxing after I finished work.
Medium stoned when I am just chilling and vegging in front of the TV.
Stoned for before bed.
Very stoned for pain relief if I get hurt.

--------------------

Backyard Grow

OfflineJMR

#194716 - 02/11/09 12:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I am pretty sure that the yield of the plant will depend on a few variables. Genetics, Light, medium, nutrients, TLC. Oh and one more that will probably help EXPERIENCE.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #194847 - 02/11/09 07:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like your on your way to get experience.

Good Luck and Keep on growing.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How much yield can I expect? [Re: KaptKid]
    #195046 - 02/12/09 09:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

first of all, whats an average sized pot?  It's better to talk in concrete terms like gallons or liters.  Second of all, if you're growing outside why are you using pots?  You'd be much better off placing them in the ground and using the outdoor environment to it's full potential.

Outdoor yields vary, mostly dependent on the sunlight and time of year you flower your plants.  Since you're planting outdoors early when the sun is out less then the moon, your plants will start flowering earlier then normal.  This cuts down the veg time which will mean a smaller plant with less bud sites and thus, less bud.  However, less bud is subjective.  It is entirely feasible to pull 28 gms per plant, or even more, depending on how well you take care of them and how much sun they get.  Indoors an oz per plant is pretty standard, IMO when growing outdoors that's a pretty poor yield unless you need to keep the plant height small to avoid detection.  Also, if you're flowering them in pots please be sure to make sure the roots will have enough room.  I'd be using at least a 4-5 gallon pot.  If your plants become rootbound during the flowering cycle both your yield and quality will suffer greatly.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies