Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGangreneThumb
Stranger
Struggling newbie
    #864438 - 02/09/24 07:20 PM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Hello Growery! I have an issue with a youngish blue dream autoflower and I wonder if the community would be so kind as to give a noob some help?
I feel like I rushed into this and have purchased some Fox Farm Happy Frog soil for my next plant, but at the moment I am unsure what to do to fix this current plant. This is my first cannabis plant, so... yeah, noob :smile:
Thank you and kind regards,
Patrick

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seed

2. How old are your plants?
5 1/2 weeks

3. How tall are your plants?
18 inches

4. What size containers are they planted in?
5 gallon fabric pot

5.What is your soil mix?
Coast of Maine organic raised be mix (admittedly, this soil was used previously to grow some flowers)

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
Daily, tap water and I am not measuring it, I just pour a bit at the base of the plant and quickly it runs out of the fabric pot sides

7. What is the pH of your water?
6.5 (approximately)

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
At first, nothing, but recently I have used a small amount of Espoma Organic Iron-Tone 3-0-3 (online pictures made me think iron was an issue) and then a small amount of Down to Earth Organic Bat Guano 7-3-1

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
An off-brand LED, today I replaced it with a VIPARSPECTRA XS2000

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
From the top to the lights, about 14 inches

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
I am using a MARS HYDRO 2.3x2.3 Advanced Grow Tent, 27"x27"x63"

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Approximately 76* F

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Good question, I am unsure

15. What is the pH of your run off?
I did not even think to test this

16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
No, none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Struggling newbie [Re: GangreneThumb] * 1
    #864449 - 02/09/24 08:40 PM (2 months, 15 days ago)

First off, thanks for filling out the required paperwork, makes this a lot easier.

The first issue should be obvious, you reused the soil without replacing the nutrients that were used from it.  A simple organic amendment mix (espoma garden tone for example) should be mixed into the soil between rounds (and left to "cook" for a few weeks before use).  They can also be occasionally top dressed (preferably under a mulch layer) throughout the grow, that is if you're sticking to organic soil growing.

The second issue I see is that you are watering every day.  This is fine if you're growing in coco with ionic nutrients, but soil is different. You want to allow for proper drybacks between waterings, the larger the pot, the less frequently you need to water.  Overwatering can present as nutrient deficiencies, and be a pain to recover from.

If I were in your shoes, I'd get started on round 2.  See if you can get that one to finish up off to the side any way that you can, but start some new seeds and give them priority.  A more powerful light is only going to exasperate the problem until the issues in the root zone are resolved.

I'd also check out the kis organics podcast for relevant topics you want to learn more about.

OfflineGangreneThumb
Stranger
Re: Struggling newbie [Re: yoosername]
    #864458 - 02/09/24 09:33 PM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Thank you!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals