Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewild_aussie
King of nothing
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Up my ass
Need help training topping whatever too late?
    #856138 - 04/18/22 01:19 PM (2 years, 2 days ago)

So I've made a mistake I believe.  My plants are about month into veg and I haven't done any kind of lst or topping I haven't been able to find any good picks or videos of what should look like and being noob I don't know where to go from here please help.

--------------------
" he who makes a beast of himself gets rid the pain of being a man" Samuel Johnson

"There he goes one of gods own prototypes never meant for mass production.  To weird to live to rare to die" Hunter S Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Need help training topping whatever too late? [Re: wild_aussie]
    #856143 - 04/18/22 05:05 PM (2 years, 1 day ago)

It's one of those things that's best learned through experimentation.  The important part is that you don't snap the branches off if you are supercropping, and don't go overboard with the topping by removing all your new growth tips.

I'd start by supercropping the main stem at a height which would allow it to be level with most of the other tops.  That, or top the main stem and clone it.

Also, keep in mind that some plants can stretch over 2 feet during the first three weeks of flower.  Make sure you flip soon enough that you don't run out of vertical space.

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Doobee Bear

#856144 - 04/18/22 05:22 PM (2 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

wild_aussie said:
So I've made a mistake I believe.  My plants are about month into veg and I haven't done any kind of lst or topping I haven't been able to find any good picks or videos of what should look like and being noob I don't know where to go from here please help.

Are they too tall?

I don't think topping is beneficial.

I also think training as the plant is stretching will not be stressful.

Have you considered modular scrog?

Offlinewild_aussie
King of nothing

Re: Need help training topping whatever too late? [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #856147 - 04/18/22 06:15 PM (2 years, 1 day ago)

No not modular scrog will chech out

--------------------
" he who makes a beast of himself gets rid the pain of being a man" Samuel Johnson

"There he goes one of gods own prototypes never meant for mass production.  To weird to live to rare to die" Hunter S Thompson

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Doobee Bear

#856242 - 04/19/22 07:48 PM (2 years, 21 hours ago)

Yeah so the scrog screen is made of a metal coat hanger bent square. Then twistie wire is woven across to make a grid. The metal supports are barbeque skewers that I bent at the bottom to stick into the lids of my hydro buckets. You can do the same with soil containers.

What is your setup and how big are the plants?

Healthy plants can handle a bit of bending and stress during the stretch.

Unless they're autos?

Offlinewild_aussie
King of nothing

Re: Need help training topping whatever too late? [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #856485 - 04/27/22 01:09 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

So I'll include a few pics after this post.  So I have 3 plants at about 5 weeks right now I have a jerry-rigged not a grow tent but more of a reflection box until I can purchase a proper tent for lights I have two Sylvania grow bulbs until I can get a good light.  I have a small USB fan blowing from below to keep those leaves dancing.  Not ideal but set up should hold a couple weeks until get tent and light.

[url=https://files.growery.org/files/g22-17/108645239-16510864236925249596122197472530.jpg][/urlg]

Not autos

--------------------

Edited by wild_aussie (04/27/22 01:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds