Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: MDC [Re: kreg]
    #853958 - 12/17/21 03:48 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
No way dude, God is definitely definitely real in some form that is beyond all words we have. I dont care what other people believe but personally Im done trying to throw out my empathy for life and the universal consciousness. Also both of those groups participate and give to charity organizations.  Feeemasonry is practically a self help fraternity now geared towards being a kinder person

What's the "no way dude" about? I didn't say you had to be an atheist or a satanist to join the groups I mentioned,I just said you didn't have to commit to a particular religious doctrine or deity in order to be q member.. Isn't modern theosophy OK with having members that do not believe in the official texts and beliefs of theosophy, with the one binding thing being a pursuit of universal brotherhood with humanity? Isn't that basically how I described The Satanic Temple?

And are you talking about the traditional Anglo-american Freemasons or the Continental Freemasons, because one is pretty conservative, demands a belief in a monotheistic Supreme being, requires that you make oaths on the religious texts of your monotheistic beliefs, requires dome form of religious text to be open in the lodges during meetings, and allows absolutely not women, nor are lodges allowed to associate or interact with mixed lodges, and makes up the vast majority of lodges in the US. The other flavor of freemasonry removes most of these restrictions, and is basically the same thing as modern theosophy, the Satanic Temple, pastafarianism, etc.

It sounds like if you are considering theosophy, then you're probably looking for the more relaxed version of freemasonry, so I'm not sure why I'm getting the "no way" response. I'm not a member of either, so I might be mistaken here, idk. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: MDC [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #853959 - 12/17/21 03:58 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Quote:

kreg said:
No way dude, God is definitely definitely real in some form that is beyond all words we have. I dont care what other people believe but personally Im done trying to throw out my empathy for life and the universal consciousness. Also both of those groups participate and give to charity organizations.  Feeemasonry is practically a self help fraternity now geared towards being a kinder person

You don't have to join a cult to believe in God kreg :notsureif:

You don't even have to join a religion. Your spiritual relationship with whatever God or God's you believe in is a very personal and unique thing. A lot of people mistake a belief in a higher being or higher power means for having to choose a mainstream religion or not-so-mainstream cult that best fits your beliefs, when in fact you can get by just fine without any of that organized religious mob mentality.

Popular religions and their teachings can cover topics that maybe you haven't considered, and help spark internal reflections on your own spiritual relationship in order to build a more comprehensive spirituality, even if you haven't committed to the dogma of those religions.

I've found that organized religions and religious groups tend to force one's beliefs in lock-step with that group, stifling free thought and embedding the bias and politics of the leaders of that group. It's generally a toxic culture that breeds brainless followers rather than confident, free-thinking, and wise spiritual individuals.

Just :2cents: on the matter. Either way, I hope you find what your looking for. I know plenty of masons who are very happy with their choice to join. I can't say I've ever knowingly met a theosophist, but I imagine they would also be a neat group to join based on what I've read, and if you're into that sort of thing.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: MDC [Re: Data]
    #853960 - 12/17/21 05:03 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah the masons I've met were really cool as well. I'm with data. Mainstream is shit. Humans are shit. They have used religion to control people forever.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Offlinekreg

Re: MDC [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #853961 - 12/17/21 05:33 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I can say no to it, jeez.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#853962 - 12/17/21 05:51 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

You can do what you want man lol I'm just trying to keep my mind of of feeling like death

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#853964 - 12/17/21 06:02 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
I can say no to it, jeez.

That's the key, as long as you know your values and your boundaries, and can stay in that mindset of "I can leave whenever this gets weird", you'll be good with any of those groups. :highfive:

I'd be interested to know how the masons feel about using illicit substances.  :hmm:

--------------------

Offlinekreg

#853969 - 12/17/21 11:38 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
            I'd be interested to know how the masons feel about using illicit substances.  :hmm:

everything is metaphors with them. I asked a question online in a certain place and I mentioned my structure of substance use and they said I'd be fine. Reading some insider literature from them it's a little abstract.
      I didn't mean to piss you off earlier, I honestly didn't read what you said til a moment ago, just yknow man pardon my vernacular I suppose. Didn't mean to offend. Isn't part of the satanic commandments not being suggestive but being supplemental and receptive with people? haha  I know a very small amount about them and they are not right for me. I need a traditional theistic " church ".
    Earlier today I was thinking about potential, um, uhhhh.... theoretical foreign online societal disinformation propaganda campaigns.. and I thought.. hmm what if someone could get people excited about something yelling "Up yours!" to someone.. and then, get those same people to be self destructive.. so they're out they're screaming "Up yours!!" people say who?? they reply "Me!!" made me giggle a little bit.
          Main thing holding me back between either, or both, is the time and work required + dues paid. Theosophy upfront lowest cost is 30$ for one year membership currently. I'm not sure how much freemasonry dues are but they exist.

--------------------
This site is dead and nobody here is even growing

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#853970 - 12/18/21 02:48 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yea man, wasn't angry about it, just curious given the nature of the response. The explanation here makes a little more sense. I'm a member of the satanic temple just for funzies, that organization likes to try and give other organized religions a run for their money anytime they try to expert too much legal influence in the US, and are otherwise a made up religious organization I find that pretty hilarious and enjoy the lack of dues or restrictions on my life, but I can also see where others would want something more like a legit religious group.

And I hear ya on the dues, I have 3 PE licenses (one for the states I've lived in or worked in since graduating from undergrad). Each license requires at least $75 a year to maintain, it's kind of a crock.

--------------------

Offlinekreg

#854032 - 12/19/21 11:06 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

anyone elses mail from usps fucked up?
i been watching the comments on watcher sites live, kinda funny kinda alarming people got shit missing for weeks now
:kidreally:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#854035 - 12/19/21 11:25 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
anyone elses mail from usps fucked up?
i been watching the comments on watcher sites live, kinda funny kinda alarming people got shit missing for weeks now
:kidreally:

Yep. Couple gifts are late :shrug:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #854041 - 12/19/21 12:44 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I got mail for someone named Karen.  Same street number but different street :smbfacepalm:

Offlinekreg

Re: MDC [Re: yoosername]
    #854043 - 12/19/21 12:52 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

lol thats scary. i can accept the monetary loss, but kinda worried about someone else getting my stuff with my name on it. ahhh sure hope i have my mail this week

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

#854142 - 12/20/21 02:37 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

:feelsoldman:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: MDC [Re: Jenny] * 1
    #854144 - 12/20/21 03:16 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jenny said:

You feel like an old man?

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineTexas Honey Badger
No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
Re: MDC [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #854145 - 12/20/21 06:02 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Quote:

Jenny said:

You feel like an old man?

Feel this old man babeh

--------------------

I eat Cobras and Hair Pie

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: MDC [Re: Texas Honey Badger]
    #854162 - 12/21/21 10:10 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

THANK GOD. I can finally dab today, I don't care if I can't taste shit I'm just happy i can take a dab without dying now. I'm so happy  :awepreciation:

Edit: it wasn't worth it for me to try to dab before now. Now it's time to strengthen these lungs back up :awehigh:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (12/21/21 10:11 AM)

Offlinekreg

#854165 - 12/21/21 10:38 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

but its not even gonna get you high ? lol

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

#854167 - 12/21/21 10:42 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, whats the point?

--------------------
Bassui wrote the following letter to one of his disciples who was about to die:
"The essence of your mind is not born, so it will never die. It is not an existence, which is perishable. It is not an emptiness, which is a mere void. It has neither color nor form. It enjoys no pleasures and suffers no pains.
"I know you are very ill. Like a good Zen student, you are facing that sickness squarely. You may not know exactly who is suffering, but question yourself: What is the essence of this mind? Think only of this. You will need no more. Covet nothing. Your end which is endless is as a snowflake dissolving in the pure air."

Offlinekreg

Re: MDC [Re: Fleabag Friend]
    #854168 - 12/21/21 10:54 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

lol love you spirit.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#854170 - 12/21/21 11:23 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Omg I'm gonna day this for the last time lmao "THC forward smokable/vapeable products get me high. I can and do feel the "high" of it. JUST NOT AS STRONG AS I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE. but it still relaxes me. Salvia and d8 do not." :notsureif: lol

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale