Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: SameThing]
    #849421 - 09/15/21 10:56 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

That's great! :highfive1:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleConnectedcosmos
Neti Neti
 User Gallery

Loc: Tat Tvam Asi
    #849422 - 09/16/21 03:54 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hell yeah! Saved some of that joint for another time!

I miss the nostalgic days of walking all over town just to get weed from the dealer n then going to the local park and hiding in the woods to smoke :happyweed:

I'm so ready to return to the shroomery

:awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

Loc: ΣΔЯТН Flag
Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: Connectedcosmos]
    #849423 - 09/16/21 05:47 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I must be extremely sensative to thc, i would call what i had today, a psychedelic experience. I unearthed some stuff that mushrooms already highlighted but it was easier to 'get it' today. Maybe i need to reduce my dosage on them aswell..

Off two drags, bro!

Im amazed, that one bud will last me a while at this rate. Although i did conntemplate re lighting but thought better of it. The after effects seemed to linger for another few hours but almost unnoticeably, i drove my car fine.

Gotta admit some of the things i came up with today are pretty out there and although they seemed to make perfect sense at the time, now im not so sure..

Is that normal?

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

#849424 - 09/16/21 05:48 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I am hoping to win the ban lotto next! I need a break from that place..

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: SameThing] * 2
    #849428 - 09/16/21 06:56 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SameThing said:
I must be extremely sensative to thc, i would call what i had today, a psychedelic experience. I unearthed some stuff that mushrooms already highlighted but it was easier to 'get it' today. Maybe i need to reduce my dosage on them aswell..

Off two drags, bro!

Im amazed, that one bud will last me a while at this rate. Although i did conntemplate re lighting but thought better of it. The after effects seemed to linger for another few hours but almost unnoticeably, i drove my car fine.

Gotta admit some of the things i came up with today are pretty out there and although they seemed to make perfect sense at the time, now im not so sure..

Is that normal?

That is very common, I used to use cannabis as a way to "shuffle the deck" with my way of looking at things. I found that while stoned, I was able to look at things going on in my life from a different perspective, I was more willing to do a psychological or philosophical deep-dive when necessary, and I was more likely to decide to forgive people and let things be.

In grad school, I found that cannabis use resulted in me doing a ton of "off the wall" thinking and reading, which ultimately resulted in hours of researching a problem that felt like "enjoying my time off". Even though most of that research was purely out of curiosity and most of it didn't find a use, there were several ideas that made their way back to the land of the sober, and were implemented in my graduate research. To this day, those late night stoned research sessions still pop up in my current job, and I'm pretty impressed with all that I learned and managed to retain.

BTW OP, when I was first getting into cannabis, I was a lot like you. I was extremely sensitive to THC, and my first few experiences were very psychedelic and kinda turned me off of cannabis for several years. Only after dating a stoner chick who had similar issues due to her small body mass was I able to learn that you don't always have to smoke a whole joint, or a whole bowl. You can take a single puff, or two shallow puffs, and have a fantastic evening with a good light-hearted movie and snacks, or surf the web while listening to some chill reggae. Back when I was getting started, stumbleupon was a browser plugin that would send you to a random website in categories of interest, and you could upvote/downvote the sites to dial in what you liked. I remember spending many evenings in undergrad skipping around the interwebs learning things, listening to reggae, and drawing.

Only after several months of daily use did I need to smoke a half or a full joint, or smoke an entire bowlpack. At that point, a nice month-long tolerance break will reset that for you.

If you are interested in exploring the headspace rather than purely for recreation, I would recommend combining it with cerebral movies, reading, drawing, journaling, and/or meditation.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: Data]
    #849429 - 09/16/21 07:31 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid: the more often you smoke the less it will affect you like that.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

InvisibleConnectedcosmos
Neti Neti
 User Gallery

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #849434 - 09/16/21 10:39 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah totally reminds me of the first year or so of smoking cannabis

It's very psychedelic when you first get into it

I almost prefer having a tolerance to cannabis if not sometimes it can be anxiety invoking:lol:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: Connectedcosmos]
    #849435 - 09/16/21 10:51 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Connectedcosmos said:
Yeah totally reminds me of the first year or so of smoking cannabis

It's very psychedelic when you first get into it

I almost prefer having a tolerance to cannabis if not sometimes it can be anxiety invoking:lol:

FACTS. I remember years ago I quit for like 6 months and then when I smoked again I took 2 hits and had to go lay down, I thought I was going to pass out and it was just some street mids at the time :lolsy:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #849444 - 09/16/21 02:29 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Same, I haven't smoked in over a year until recently, when I ate a 25mg edible.

I was extremely, uncomfortably high for an hour or two...and of course my wife put on a horror movie to watch that night so I was :thataintright:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849447 - 09/16/21 03:12 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Omg hahaha at least you didn't pass out :lolsy:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

#849456 - 09/16/21 07:05 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Horror movies were my genre when i was younger. Freddy krueger, friday the 13th etc. Never got scared. Then a while later i watched the blair witch, thought nothing of it until i went camping on my own.. then BAM! Completely shitting myself out there as an adult. Ended up sleeping in my car with the doors locked.

Cowering..
:lol:

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849458 - 09/16/21 07:22 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SameThing said:
Horror movies were my genre when i was younger. Freddy krueger, friday the 13th etc. Never got scared. Then a while later i watched the blair witch, thought nothing of it until i went camping on my own.. then BAM! Completely shitting myself out there as an adult. Ended up sleeping in my car with the doors locked.

Cowering..
:lol:

Oh man that's extra funny toe as I have solo camped a lot hahaha :lolsy: I always camp with a firearm though cos nature either wants to fight you or fuck you :notsureif:(I've had coyotes come up to my tent when I was in it before that was probably the most I've ever been nervous cos there was multiple)

Edit: I don't live in bear country or else yes I would be shitting myself and carry a big gun lol

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (09/16/21 07:23 PM)

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

#849459 - 09/16/21 10:30 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I think yoga would synergize extremely well with weed. Got a lot of kinks in my body from a hard life to iron out. There must be a connection to them mentally. I think neglecting both amplifies both, or something.. i just had some more of that joint. I could write some good horror stories on this stuff. I feel like i can focus on a thought train for longer and surprisingly clearer. Just 1 drag this time but held in for longer.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

#849462 - 09/16/21 10:59 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

:fuckthisshit:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: Jenny]
    #849464 - 09/16/21 11:05 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I feel like I could punch someone.

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

InvisibleConnectedcosmos
Neti Neti
 User Gallery

#849467 - 09/17/21 01:55 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Weed like expands your mind maaaaaaaaan.. :electrickoolaid:

--------------------

OfflineSameThing
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: Jenny]
    #849470 - 09/17/21 03:38 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Why you so angry jenny, bro?

I have literally destroyed shit like that in real life. Usually out of extreme frustration. Then i get even madder cos now im mad and im mad at myself for getting so mad but now i feel powerfull and i like feeling powerful so now i dont wanna be not mad. Its a weird momentum thing. I used to get mad a lot but these days, not so much.

--------------------
Δ Δ Δ

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Do you even smoke, bro? [Re: SameThing] * 1
    #849484 - 09/17/21 08:59 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SameThing said:
I think yoga would synergize extremely well with weed. Got a lot of kinks in my body from a hard life to iron out. There must be a connection to them mentally. I think neglecting both amplifies both, or something.. i just had some more of that joint. I could write some good horror stories on this stuff. I feel like i can focus on a thought train for longer and surprisingly clearer. Just 1 drag this time but held in for longer.

Stretching has actually been shown to be more of a mental relaxation than physically releasing the muscle fibers. The nervous system will tense muscle in preparation for extreme use during fight or flight situations, and so periods of stress will cause muscles to tense up. Conversely, there are mechanoreceptors in the muscle tissues that give feedback to the brain on how tight these muscles are, and these sensors can drift over time...so the brain will think that you are relaxed after a stressful period of work, even though in reality the muscles are tense, and the brain is working hard sending signals to those muscles.

By stretching, you are stimulating those mechanoreceptors, which makes the brain go "whoa wtf, I thought you were relaxed why are you getting so tight?" and down-regulates the contraction signals it was sending to the muscle. When you release the stretch, the brain is now sending a lot less signal to that muscle, and it is actually relaxed. Not only that, but the brain is not working as hard sending contraction signals to the muscle, and as a result, you feel more relaxed.

This is one of the reasons why stretching and yoga is a good technique for calming down during a psychedelic trip.

Hope this makes sense :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

#849487 - 09/17/21 09:29 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Idk about all that but I tried Tai chi once and it FUCKED ME UP :ancientaliens:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#849489 - 09/17/21 10:03 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Yoga fucks me up, that shit is tougher than it seems :androidlol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order