Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineredheadeight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Roots refusing to recover
    #833486 - 06/18/18 08:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

have a few clones that got a bit fried about 6 weeks ago before I got the room temp under control. They are in DWC setup and the air temp was in the 90s with water temp in the 80s for a week or two (6 weeks ago). The Hawaiian strains were loving it, but the cheesequake and strawberry ice clones either died or totally stopped progressing.  The ones that survived refuse to recover. They are still about 6” tall, all green leaves, lots of small nodes but basically are not growing at all. The roots are sparse, grayish looking, and remain fairly close to the plant/stem (not reaching and sprawling out).  They are still in rock wool cubes (buried in hydroton). I’d like to remove the cubes completely and expose the roots fully, but they have grown through and around the rock wool and removing it may destroy the roots completely.  About 10 days ago I started treating them with Hydrogaurd (1ml/gal). They have received 2 treatments, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. They get fed with basic 3 GH nutrients, nothing else. Clones next to them, which were started 2 weeks later are 2 feet tall. All treated the same, sitting side by side.

Can these be saved?  I only use the bare minimum with chemicals, so I don’t really don’t know much about what else I could treat them with. And, imho, there are so many additives, etc that promise the world and simply don’t do anything.  I wanna try and save them if I can, but I’m tired of waiting for them to come back. The roots haven’t even grown through the baskets yet so I could remove them from the hydroton if they need to be transplanted or whatever.

Please help. Thanks! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Re: Roots refusing to recover [Re: redheadeight]
    #833487 - 06/18/18 09:17 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You may want to post some pics so readers can get a better idea of the exact condition of your plants.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Roots refusing to recover [Re: KenInVic]
    #833491 - 06/19/18 07:20 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

As long as your plants leaves are not wilting their roots are still alive.

I had a flood and drain system fail that allowed the roots to dry out completely. The plants were wilting and no amount of watering helped. I re-cloned a couple of branches and the wilting leaves recovered, the cuttings cloned as normal. All the mother plants with the damaged roots died.

If your still in veg re-cloning the plants will save the strain.

:goodluck:

Offlineredheadeight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Roots refusing to recover [Re: Rider420]
    #833530 - 06/23/18 03:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks! I have recloned the ones that were struggling. They are standing tall, hopefully they will root soon.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag