Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
Re: HSO Green Crack CBD / Indoor ScrOG - Organic Soil / Summer 2017 [Re: harri]
    #828466 - 09/11/17 02:37 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not sure if what I'm feeding is enough or too much so any insight would be nice to hear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828468 - 09/11/17 07:54 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to double the CALMAG to 10ml per gallon at feeding once a week to see if that fixes the problem.

Edited by harri (09/11/17 08:06 PM)

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828492 - 09/12/17 02:47 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Check my otger post it would appear runoff is 4-5 range not neutral.

What ph are u feeding them at? What ph is the water?

Is it a soiless or soil mix u are using?

Are u allowing soil to dry before wsterings? As could just be overwatering issue aswell.

How do u mix nutes? Ever notice foggyness? Or crystal clear but blue?

Remember increase in calmag also increases nitrogen as calxium is from calcium nitrate. But i would just look at fixing ph and or watering before worrying about adding MORE of anything.

My guess is some lock out from being too acidic. Easy fix and ur plants arent horribke they will improve fairly quickly once u figure out ur issue!

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
Re: HSO Green Crack CBD / Indoor ScrOG - Organic Soil / Summer 2017 [Re: Theman]
    #828494 - 09/12/17 03:11 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

It might be from water too much. I measured the tap water and it looks between 5-6. Also some hairs are turning bright orange and drying up.

Also, the nute mix is organic and is like slightly murky pond water in it's color.

And, it's a FF ocean forest with added perlite mix.

thanks for all the advice so far.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828502 - 09/13/17 12:08 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Ya never seen foxfarm but suppost to be pretty hot ie nute rich already. And if adding nutes to already 5 6 ph water i imagine ur fwrtilizing at that 4-5 range.

Have u taken ph once u mix nutes?

Could be few things combined. Nute burn too acidic and overwatering..

Soil ph wanna be in that 6 -6.5ish range. Esp if ur water is 5-6.  U can get soil ph meters or capsule kits.

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
Re: HSO Green Crack CBD / Indoor ScrOG - Organic Soil / Summer 2017 [Re: Theman]
    #828563 - 09/14/17 06:28 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Not much change to the ph when added nutes. I got some dolomite lime and used 2 tbsp scattered even over the top soil and watered semi throughly, greenness is coming back from the stem into the leaves but I got to reading and maybe I used to much (2 tbsp, top dressed in roughly a gallon of soil)?

Anyways I'll have a ph meter soon and I'll know for sure what I'm working with.

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828565 - 09/14/17 08:08 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm getting some new nutes but first I wanted to see what some thoughts are on potash, rock phosphate, Roots Organics buddha bloom and FF big bloom.

I really think the potash and rock phosphate would be good just because they're so isolated in their NPK values so it has the control factor but the buddha bloom and big bloom have some good reviews out there as well but aren't the ideal NPK values I'm wanting, which for flowering are 1-4-5 and then ripening 0-2-0 source - midway down

what's some insight i might be missing or over looking here?

Edited by harri (09/14/17 10:23 PM)

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828566 - 09/14/17 08:35 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

PIC#20: Green Crack CBD overview

PIC#21: Green Crack CBD overview

PIC#22: Green Crack CBD cola close up

PIC#23: Green Crack CBD colas close up

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828571 - 09/14/17 11:52 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Use the sticks and measure the ph of feeding water. By not much if it drops 1ph thats ALOT and if feeding at 4ph thats pretty crazy.

Dolomite def is great ammendment raises ph a little as first add but is more of a long term product and takes years to be tottaly broekn down wben its within soil.

Also it would be wise to use either potash or bloom boosters and not both. Ya rock phosphate can be ok as amendment 2hen miking but n0t whats happening here. U want to basically use bloom booster or others n0t both. And def not with 2 other bloom booster gunna fry ur plants even more.

Some people may use 2 bloom booster type products in certain combo for a very specific reason s  if u dont have any reason dont! Mpre is not better and hope u are learning that!

Ur soil likely needs very little fert and maybe near end it may need a bit but doubt would see much in defici3ncies besides maybe mag or calcium.  U need to decide are u soil grower or soiless. Seems like u want to do both at harm of ur plant. 

If using soiless mix ie little to no  nutrient medium u water water feed. Even then full strength can be too much. Soil mix is meant to grow plants with little to no fert needed. Adding more not only affects ph and therfore burns stops uptake of those exp3nsive nutrients in nute mix and in expensive soil not only that but also chemical reactions can precip nutrients into unusable forms. So triple working against urself.

In closing do this..

Ph ur water to at least 6 before watering. If ur run off is indeed 4 flush with exactly 7 water.

When and if u feed ph to 6.5 aswell. Below 5 is bad news esp if run off ks below 4. Not as bad as it would if using soiless mix. more  less is more  not only for healthy larger plant but also cannabis is an accumulator hemp takes up heavy metals etc. But this goes for nutrients aswell and no nees to flush esp when not insanely overfeeding which is what hydro companies love unfoetently bad foe planet and our plants.

If soil grower be a soil grower feed bacteria and wont need much of any nutrients. Thats whole point of using soil. Easy and contains everything plant needs except water.

If soiless grower then u water water feed. Even that can be alot depending. So in soil if ur feeding even close to what is used in a inert non nutrient media ur getting close to crazy town. We dont like crazy town btw.

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828572 - 09/15/17 12:00 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and yea yellowing is lockout. Adding more nutrients like calmag ismt going to help only make worse until get ph umder control. Anyway geting bit late to male a real recovery  as in soil with feeding full strength nutes no way it could be that deficient.  Ph and or grtting lock from otger nutrients being way to high.

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828574 - 09/15/17 09:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
Oh and yea yellowing is lockout. Adding more nutrients like calmag ismt going to help only make worse until get ph umder control. Anyway geting bit late to male a real recovery  as in soil with feeding full strength nutes no way it could be that deficient.  Ph and or grtting lock from otger nutrients being way to high.

Are you saying its too late to make a full recovery? I added some dolomite lime as previously mentioned and before that i made a solution with a ph of 7 with baking soda. Also as i described earlier, green is making its way back into the yellow leaves atleast alittle so recovery is starting to show true.

I have not given up hope in slightest, but would you link me some evidence for what you're saying about potash and rock phosphate, if i was to use them i would reduce the amount in accordance to the other nutes id be adding as to keep porportion the same. Analogus to rather than feeding them 4 full dinner entrees i would give them one fourth of each portion so the total amount would be the same but with the addition of providing a variety.

That's how I'm thinking anyways.

Edited by harri (09/15/17 12:10 PM)

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828578 - 09/15/17 03:20 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
Use the sticks and measure the ph of feeding water. By not much if it drops 1ph thats ALOT and if feeding at 4ph thats pretty crazy.

Dolomite def is great ammendment raises ph a little as first add but is more of a long term product and takes years to be tottaly broekn down wben its within soil.

Also it would be wise to use either potash or bloom boosters and not both. Ya rock phosphate can be ok as amendment 2hen miking but n0t whats happening here. U want to basically use bloom booster or others n0t both. And def not with 2 other bloom booster gunna fry ur plants even more.

Some people may use 2 bloom booster type products in certain combo for a very specific reason s  if u dont have any reason dont! Mpre is not better and hope u are learning that!

Ur soil likely needs very little fert and maybe near end it may need a bit but doubt would see much in defici3ncies besides maybe mag or calcium.  U need to decide are u soil grower or soiless. Seems like u want to do both at harm of ur plant. 

If using soiless mix ie little to no  nutrient medium u water water feed. Even then full strength can be too much. Soil mix is meant to grow plants with little to no fert needed. Adding more not only affects ph and therfore burns stops uptake of those exp3nsive nutrients in nute mix and in expensive soil not only that but also chemical reactions can precip nutrients into unusable forms. So triple working against urself.

In closing do this..

Ph ur water to at least 6 before watering. If ur run off is indeed 4 flush with exactly 7 water.

When and if u feed ph to 6.5 aswell. Below 5 is bad news esp if run off ks below 4. Not as bad as it would if using soiless mix. more  less is more  not only for healthy larger plant but also cannabis is an accumulator hemp takes up heavy metals etc. But this goes for nutrients aswell and no nees to flush esp when not insanely overfeeding which is what hydro companies love unfoetently bad foe planet and our plants.

If soil grower be a soil grower feed bacteria and wont need much of any nutrients. Thats whole point of using soil. Easy and contains everything plant needs except water.

If soiless grower then u water water feed. Even that can be alot depending. So in soil if ur feeding even close to what is used in a inert non nutrient media ur getting close to crazy town. We dont like crazy town btw.

What do you think about using a lesser dose of roots organic BUDDAH BLOOM (0.5-2-1) and then a lesser dose of potash (0-0-60) then adjusting ph to 6-7?

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828586 - 09/16/17 12:43 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Only reason to go to 7 is when soil is super hot ie if it is indeed 4ph run off. Normally soil dont need to worry about oh too much as long as soil itself is balanced. But of course best to be aware and make small adjustments to feed in particular or if water is 8+ or under 5. Ideal water around 6 for soil. Soiless of course is dif and if using hydro nutes or organic or soil nutes want to make it slightly dif aswell as hydro affects soil ph dif as of course uses dif nitrogen sources.

In soil again the idea is to basically just water. Add little comoost tea  or maybe a few liggt feadings in flower with p k even though truly may not be nessasary. May need little epsom salt and cal nit if see some reason to use it.

Dunno how to change ur mind less is more in soil. Get a handle on ur ph first and then if really want sure give a super light dose. But i think amd just assuming there is already waaay to much in ur soil if have been feeding alot all the time already. I know want ro add all best stuff and adding everything has to make great smoke. But simoly not the case and in ur case i think u will need to learn on ur own.

Read teaming with nutrients or find the author speak on utube.

Read about guys using jacks hydro. Feel will help learn about true needs of the plant i think. As alot of those people run same nutes start to finish some add bit dif for bloom.

Just ask urself why u are adding that nutrient. And if feel the soil doesnt have it then add some maybe 1/3 dosage esp if not showing signs it needs it. Then next 4 times remember let tottaly dry out amd just water. If feel compelled to mix nutes move to soiless mix next time maybe try.

Again only thing right now is ph and that will allow plant to avsorb all it needs. Id love to know ec of ur runoff aswell lol. Adding more crap is not going to do anything but make things worse as i have said.

Read a few grow teks and get a grow book.

Edited by Theman (09/16/17 12:51 AM)

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
Re: HSO Green Crack CBD / Indoor ScrOG - Organic Soil / Summer 2017 [Re: Theman] * 1
    #828648 - 09/19/17 11:41 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

PIC#24: Green Crack CBD

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828652 - 09/19/17 03:21 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

PIC#25: Green Crack CBD up-close cola

PIC#26: Green Crack CBD up-close cola

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828653 - 09/19/17 03:36 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

PIC#27: Green Crack CBD up-close cola

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828683 - 09/22/17 12:09 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

PIC#28: trichome close up

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#828691 - 09/22/17 05:10 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Right on man. Def lookin not to bad at all.

Phosphorus is something that gets tied up easily in soil so best way is to use microbiome to free up if u will any already in soil. If see a deficiency then can add a little. I dont know how to drill it into ur head more man so again jist have to do ur own research and make mistakes.

Soil grow u shouldnt need much of anything. Feed microbes not bunch of additives. Compost tea every once in awhile with maybe some alphalfa and or kelp and or top dress with some bone meal and or guano in flower. But may even be exccessive. And make sure ur run off ph is in the 6 range if u can. Try again not to use so many drastic things. More is not better

Which brings me to sodium bicarbonate ie baking soda. Do not use baking soda for ph up. As its like adding salty ocean water to ur plant. Sodium is needed but tap water usually has much more then u want already.

When in soil again all u want to do is maintain a half decent ph if purchased soil ur peob ok if not adding bunch of crap. If ur tap water is in the 4 range well prob good idea to add a little ph up not vaking soda.

Anyway just repeating myself and obv not listening anyway. U ask for me ro site papers why not to use something. But u should read up why to use something and not from hydro companies.

Less is more. Soil u dont need to use hydro nutrients should have enough in there to pretty much finish ur plants. If u see deficiency and ur ph is good and arent over watering then u can add something. Or like i said little compoost tea and or top dress or if really want ur bloom booster cal mag  at half or less strength remember 2 things. Hydro companies want u to use as much as possible and 2 ur using soil not a sterile media with nothing which is what the dosages are meant for being the only source of nutrients for ur plant.

Buying bunch of crap and mixing it sorta willy nilly and hammering plants with everything constantly is only doing harm no good at all. Will only yeild less and sparkle when u smoke it. Again not sure how i can get this across to u. And only way for u to kearn is to make mistakes as notheeding anything i am suggesting. Lol not sure why i keep trying to be honest.

Ur not going to reinvent the wheel man. Why would u use less of 1 to add more of another? Much greater potential to fuxk up when u dont know what ur doing and just lock out nutrients inadvertantly. 

KiSS  soil is forgiving amd easy more variables u add more chance of screwing up. We all wish we could by all most expensive nutes add all of them and make product 10x better but not the case. Only makes it harder to know wtf is going wrong as nutrients react to chemicals in soil and not just what ur adding to ur feeding. 

Kiss less is more and only add nutes if plant needs them.

For now like ive said best option is to flush with plain ph water like double volume of container see what ph of the run off is hopefully pretty close to your phed water. Then mix half or so strength nutes (still will be nutrients left in soil that microbes will release) ph the solution properly. Then feed plants with that till u get 10 20% run off measure that run offs ph. If in that 6 range let it dry completely then just add plain ph water next 3 times. with maybe molasses and handful of home compost to help microbes recover. Then see how things look. Might be done by then.

Not sure if too fsr into flower to do all that. And again since feel u want to mix bunch of stuff move over to soiless like coco. Or if prefer taste of organic soil do that next time but remember dont need to feed much of anything and keep ph outta that 4 zone and will be amazed at ur results and realize how little extra inputs u need when using quality organic soil. Just hwve to decide are u hydro/soiless grower or are u a soil grower. Cant do both together well.

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828694 - 09/23/17 12:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

PIC#29: GC-CBD cola close up

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #828744 - 09/25/17 06:16 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

PIC#30: GC-CBD cola close up

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals