Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
white widow not looking like white widow
    #827964 - 08/17/17 10:54 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

hi,

I recently picked up some WW from my caregiver when I found out he had some that he was growing.
Unfortunately to my dismay, when I received it, it looked nothing like the pictures of white widow that I have been seeing on the internet for so many years.
It just looks green with some colored red hairs like any other type of weed.
I thought that I was going to receive the stuff that is pictured on the internet, which looks like it is rolled in sugar and covered in thick white hairs.
How will I ever be able to find herb that looks like this?
Is my caregiver just not experienced enough in growing weed?
Or is the genetics he is using not very good?
Or is it a combination of both?
I just want to come across herb that looks and is amazing, like the stuff pictured on websites all over the internet.
Oh well, thanks for listening.

cannabispatient

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: white widow not looking like white widow [Re: cannabispatient]
    #827969 - 08/17/17 01:09 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

There are a bunch of breeders selling White widow plants. If you want a super plant like you see in pics then you have to either buy the same clone mother as those plants in the pics or grow out a bunch say 20 to 200 plus seeds to find even one that looks like the pic never mind the buzz. However I'm far more interested in getting the same buzz and plant that I try at my local store, and that is one of the reasons I'm happy about legalization in Canada is that you will be able to buy the same mother clones as the weed you smoked! No joke weed, clones and seeds will be legal in Canada In less then a year.

Note if you are a medical grower in Canada you can already buy clones from most LP that sell medical cannabis.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: white widow not looking like white widow [Re: Rider420]
    #827971 - 08/17/17 01:47 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for your detailed response.

So basically, even as a medical marijuana patient, I will never find weed that is as good as the stuff that is pictured on the internet, unless I learn to grow myself and go through several cycles of trial and error.

That's kind of disappointing; I like something that takes me beyond the initial anxiety of the comeup and brings me straight into an incapacitated state.

I'm a medical patient living in the northeast, very close to Canada in fact.

They actually legalized marijuana here for recreational purposes, except that there is no way to legally buy it unless you are a medical marijuana patient such as myself.

Anyway thanks for the help and have a great day,

cannabispatient

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #827974 - 08/17/17 05:48 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

hi does anyone else have any suggestions as to why the herb that I purchase from my caregiver looks nothing like the pictures on the internet, even though it is the same exact strains?

--------------------

Invisibledirtyneedle
JB
Female User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
    #827976 - 08/17/17 09:46 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

snowcap has distinct white too ... i recently felt relieved because i was getting too paranoid.. maybe the strain isnt as fire as those medical pictures:uhoh:

--------------------

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
    #828012 - 08/19/17 10:34 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Are you seriously buying weed just because it looks good or what? If it smokes good, are looks really that much of an issue?

You do realize most of breeder pictures are either photographed professionally or photoshopped to make it look like something incredible. Have you ever seen a burger king advertisement on tv and the whopper looks delicious, then you go get one and it doesn't look anything like what you seen on tv

Edited by Sp33dfreak (08/19/17 10:35 AM)

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: white widow not looking like white widow [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #828015 - 08/19/17 11:26 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

So what you are saying is that all these seedbanks and companies are falsely advertising their products?

That is such a shame.

--------------------

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#828022 - 08/19/17 03:13 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

No that's not what I'm saying at all lol

When a breeder wants to advertise their seeds, they are going to show the best representation they can. They're probably not going to take a shitty looking bottom bud and use that picture to try and sell their seeds.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that your caregiver doesn't even have white white widow, but knew you wanted white widow, so he told you, "hell yeah playa, this is white widow!", to lure you into a purchase. This is a practice dispensaries are known for, attaching a hyped up name to random shit weed to get it to move off the shelf.

It's also a possibility your caregiver could be a shitty grower.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: white widow not looking like white widow [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #828023 - 08/19/17 03:34 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I see, thanks for clarifying that.

What I think happened is that my caregiver does in fact have WW which is what he sold me, but it has been so far removed down the line from the original white widow that it isn't nearly as great as the original.

I also think my caregiver is picking his flowers too early as a lot of the buds seem immature for some reason.

I just want to have bud that is like what is pictured all over the internet.

Thanks for your advice.

--------------------

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#828024 - 08/19/17 03:45 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I may be going out on a limb here, but I think we all want weed that looks like pictures on the internet lol

In all honesty, if your caregiver isn't a good caregiver (examples like you have posted, immature weed or maybe not what you expected or whatever other reasons), you may want to find someone different to produce your meds for you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies