Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē

Organic Soil vs Organic Aeroponics?
    #825233 - 04/05/17 08:20 AM (7 years, 12 days ago)

Using in both organic nutrients and if helpful UV lights in the aeroponic water reservoir (to deter fungal/bacterial growth). What would be the ideal method for one that wants the best tasting/looking/medicinal buds given no real problems arise and equal care was given to both methods with a good basic understanding of each.

Im leaning towards aeroponics but i have read the taste and problems often related to growing with such a costly system can be a daunting problem for someone inexperienced in growing in anything outside of soil, having done soil grows both indoors and outdoors. Also for sake of discussion say money isnt a issue.

Any advice or comments are greatly helpful and appreciated.

:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Organic Soil vs Organic Aeroponics? [Re: harri]
    #825242 - 04/05/17 04:14 PM (7 years, 12 days ago)

I'm sure someone will correct me if I misspeak, but I'm pretty certain that the whole taste/quality/yield differences claimed between soil, all of the various hydro setups, and aero are all about the same as long as you are knowledgeable and experienced with your particular system.

That being said, I've run recirculating drip hydro system with FF organics, and never had a problem. I did have some bacterial growth on the inside surface of the res, but I think for organic nutes you kinda want that, as the microbiology of the system is what makes organic nutrients available for the plants. :shrug:

But that's been ages ago, and I've had plenty of time to forget most of the trials and tribulations of that grow. Hopefully someone more recently experienced can come in and tell us both whats up :pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Organic Soil vs Organic Aeroponics? [Re: Data]
    #825244 - 04/05/17 05:15 PM (7 years, 12 days ago)

Experiment. Start small with one aeroponic plant and see what you can do with it. A small aero or hydro system isn't that hard or expensive to build a prototype. A pump, some hose and fittings, a reservoir and drain tray is about all you need.

Not sure how the UV will affect the beneficial microbes needed to breakdown organic matter into salt nutrients. I don't grow organic yet. The cultures should be on the root zone so you won't destroy them completely, just zapping the one's that leave the area to hang out in the feed tank.

I've never even heard of someone doing aeroponics organically. Not sure how much success you'll have from the start but can tell you right now your going to be jumping from the amateur hour to advanced feeding techniques.

Long before I first started growing bud someone showed me the aeroponic pots they built. Just flipped some regular pots over, cut a hole in the top, put a hole in the side for misters and then had that sit right in the drain tray to recirculate the nutrients back to the res. They were adamant about this nutrient solution that they had discovered that had a milk-like consistency when air was blown through it. Basically it looked like like bubbling milk coming out of the misters.

I've been wanting to try something like that for awhile now but haven't been able to find the space to experiment.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Organic Soil vs Organic Aeroponics? [Re: phychotron]
    #825249 - 04/05/17 07:30 PM (7 years, 12 days ago)

Pick up a hydrofarm catalog from a hydro store, it has almost all the stuff in it you need. Its a great place to see what is available and start brainstorming your next garden adventure. Maybe not even  the best prices or exact product, but you can get the idea to build something that suits your exact needs or budget.

Its available online but the print version has a certain read value to it. Its easier to start there and then do the online research. You can leave the book open and still use the computer at the same time. Plus its a great addition to any gardener's bathroom.

Stuff like multiple feed schedules for all the nutrients right next to each other is amazing when your researching new nutrients.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals