Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Soil ph test
    #823716 - 02/14/17 10:29 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've read it up down side ways and backwards lol in the light and even retested I'm not sure what to classify this color as lol. Anyone famialir with soil ph test?

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Soil ph test [Re: Miscusi]
    #823717 - 02/14/17 10:48 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Well shit I never used that but It doesnt look like any color on that tester :wellidunno:

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Soil ph test [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #823718 - 02/14/17 11:00 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

That's what I'm saying and I've used these before.. i re test and got same result it's almost like a murky army greenish.    Ahh hell idk. It's FFOF straight out bag and I used neutral distilled water like your supposed to so maybe a bad tester ? Could be old got :shrug:

--------------------

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #823730 - 02/14/17 05:22 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I never test the soil pH, if you use enough beneficial microbials, you shouldn't have any issues with soil pH.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Soil ph test [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #823732 - 02/14/17 05:26 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've herd of bags of FFOF coming really hot with a high acidity wanted to make sure my bag was not, as it's supposed to be balanced. But yeah I can only assume that's a 6.5-7? Lol

--------------------

Nanook said:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #823746 - 02/15/17 10:28 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I seriously never check it.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #823749 - 02/15/17 10:58 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Roger that hawk. I was just taking extra precautionary measures. :smile:

What's this air pot trend btw ? I herd of them before but seems like slot of people are using them now.  I've always used potters or a 5 gal bucket lol. Simplistic and effective. Am I missing out on something tho?

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinebastard4life
Stranger

#823750 - 02/15/17 02:21 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

They help prevent root balls. When the roots hit the fabric they prune the root instead of letting it grow around the container. Has to do with air flow through the fabric. Haven't used them for bud but I have used them for other plants.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soil ph test [Re: bastard4life]
    #823753 - 02/15/17 03:33 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I use them outdoors, but not with my indoor grows.  I'm not 100% sold on them though.  I feel like a standard bucket works just fine.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #823756 - 02/15/17 05:47 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

The 1L airpots are by far the best small pots I've ever used. Absolute essential for rapid growth and preparing to transplant. The roots are prepped for digging into the new medium better than anything I've seen so far. The larger sizes have less benefits over cloth but I think they're still a bit nicer overall.

The price just went from $12 to $20 for the 5-gal equivalent. Plus my local hydro store sells the 'laundry basket' style pots for $6 and work just as well. Basically its a pot with slits in the sides. I prefer rigid pots to have something to anchor stuff to like irrigation. The multiple parts to the pots is annoying but manageable on a small scale. You lose screws or bottoms and have to use drywall anchors and chopsticks, or the hole strips out eventually and you gotta move to a new hole. If you can find the laundry basket style they're probably just as effective, much cheaper and much less work.

Fabric pots are more difficult to move and tend to get all crusty with nutrients. You need a stand for them or they tend to stay damp on the bottom. Plus the bottom gets smashed every time you move/rotate. I've dropped airpots from off of dresses with absolutely no soil moving around and no stress to the plant. Whereas the cloth, when moved before the root ball has fully developed it will rip a huge crater across the top of your soil just by moving it a foot over. You can even hear some of the roots ripping when it happens.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Soil ph test [Re: phychotron]
    #823760 - 02/15/17 06:39 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I had one of those it looked pretty dank, but it looked like I was growing a tree so I just went and got some plastic cylinder pots. I notice the soil is much butteryer on the top then with the clay pot. I also don't let leaves decompose because then gnats appear. Also you can reuse your soil. Don't even buy soil at the store, it's not even worth a visit.

Edited by Mof (02/16/17 10:39 PM)

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Soil ph test [Re: Mof]
    #823762 - 02/15/17 06:41 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

nvm too retro

Edited by Mof (02/15/17 07:09 PM)

Offlinebastard4life
Stranger

Re: Soil ph test [Re: Mof]
    #823770 - 02/15/17 09:17 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like an idiot. I thought airpots where fabric pots. Sorry.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soil ph test [Re: bastard4life]
    #823771 - 02/15/17 09:38 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

No worries, its easy to mix them up cause they essentially do the same thing. I'm referring to the SuperRoots brand Airpots specifically.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #823777 - 02/15/17 11:16 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Airpots like kinda like a golf ball surface: lots of wavey divets.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Soil ph test [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #823784 - 02/16/17 07:30 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I used These once so far They were good but I had to water alot more

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823798 - 02/16/17 11:29 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Your suppose to fill those to the top so the dimples without holes won't just let the water run out the sides. Its a bit of an art to watering them and filling them at first but you eventually get the hang of it.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#823820 - 02/16/17 08:44 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

lol da!:blowmybrainsout: I should have filled it hahaha. Didnt even think of it that way.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #823823 - 02/16/17 08:58 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

If you wanted to use that amount of soil you could have just moved the bottom disc up a few notches. I like to give the sides a good solid pressing to get as much medium in the holes as possible. That way you get much less run off. And if you bowl the top a little bit it will help channel it downward and not out the topmost holes.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#823832 - 02/17/17 06:11 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Now that Im thinking about it( its been a min since I used)  I would make my water in a bucket and then just put the pot in the water for a few then take it out after it was completely soaked :wellidunno: Thats what my hydro store told me how to use it??

Took me a min but  found this pic of my plant i grew in it!

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (02/17/17 06:18 AM)

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #823835 - 02/17/17 08:47 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Like a sponge lol! Seems legit except you won't get the benefit of washing salt buildup out. Every time you water even with nutes u wash a little bit of old salts out. That dunking method seems less likely to do so.  But you had success lol, any buildup lockout or burn issues during that grow ?

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#823856 - 02/17/17 05:22 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Shit I grew so much since then I cant remember? Sorry

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #823858 - 02/17/17 06:00 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

lol it's fine bro I was just curious.

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlineice
Stranger
    #824416 - 03/05/17 04:26 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

as far as the air pots, theoretically they should works better, providing more oxygen to the roots, Ive never used them but coincidentally my freind was here earlier and he was talking about them, hes been growing for several years, long enough that i dont consider him a newbie, his opinion on the air pots was that there really not worth the price tag.
thats my friends opinion, so please dont chew my head off if your a big fan of them, Iv never used them myself so I dont have an opinion of my own.
as far as the ph question, soil buffers itself, so as long as you flush your pots from time to time, you shouldnt have any serious issues with your ph. if your growing hydroponic or aeroponic than thats a different story, you have to do the ph buffering.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale