Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineParadox420
Stranger
 User Gallery

Okay to prune popcorn buds at 4 weeks of flowering?
    #823520 - 02/09/17 09:44 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Okay so this is my first grow. My plant is in the 4th week of flowering (turned 4 weeks on the 8th) and I was wondering if I could still prune the small popcorn buds that I had thought would gain a little weight if I left them be. Now that I know that was a dumb mistake and that I should've done it earlier I want to remove them to add extra weight to the top buds. Is it okay to do this or will it make no difference at all because I've waited too long? Strain is unknown, but I'm guessing it's a sativa hybrid (bagseed weed). Thanks for the replies!

Edited by Paradox420 (02/09/17 09:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Okay to prune popcorn buds at 4 weeks of flowering? [Re: Paradox420] * 1
    #823522 - 02/09/17 10:07 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Personally I'd leave them, and add them to the hash run after harvest.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Okay to prune popcorn buds at 4 weeks of flowering? [Re: Stoneth]
    #823526 - 02/09/17 11:59 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Stone is totally right.  Just leave them be, taking them off wont add any weight to the main colas.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Okay to prune popcorn buds at 4 weeks of flowering? [Re: Paradox420]
    #823531 - 02/09/17 12:43 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

There is an art to 'skirting' or lollipoping where you trim all the lower stuff and small branches to improve yield. Its easy to overdo and cut stuff that would normally turn into something good or leave too much and get a bunch of leaf.  Each plant is different, you have to learn what it likes.

Those are not too bad, but some plants have a bunch of extra junk that turns to fluffy/leafy growth sometimes called "larf" that will detract from the main colas. I tend to do skirting in early flower, once when it first goes in (or by the end of week 1) and by week 3 to get any strays that developed along the way. I tend to rip those popcorn nugs off and leave the shade leaf; unless its above a certain point, the lowest part is bare for airflow.

Those tiny popcorn nugs show up later all the time. The open structure of your plant tends to indicate that you won't have too much larf. They'll probably get some light and have a chance to develop a little.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder