Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNurturethePlantsYo
Stranger
Help with first grow setup puleez
    #817271 - 07/23/16 09:42 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

ok so this is my first post on growery, I frequent the shroomery site, they helped me grow a few oz and Im pleased with what I have learned about growing shrooms. The thing is that Im an occasional user, I trip maybe once a year(more after I harvested a couple of my own >:D) but Im a daily smoker, so I want to trade in everything I got for shrooms and strictly grow pot. so what I got to work with right now is a closet. its about 2x10x10. theres a shelf in the middle of the closet spanning about 8 ft, 6 ft from the floor. the doors are about 4 feet wide. the actual space I will use, to retain stealth, is 2x2x10(there is a space like this on either side, but with the shelf in the way I would use about 6 feet of the vertical height. so that gives me 2 2x2x6 spaces. further, I have been debating whether to split these areas into 4 2x2x3 cabs. also wondering what kind of lights would be ideal in such a small space. dont have a budget or want to waste money on a 250 watt HID. I will probably go the cheaper route and install approx 800 watts of cfl distributed throughout the cabs. thats why I wish to use the 3 ft cabs because cfls need to be close to the light, I think this would make the most effiecient system, I also pondered setting my shelf up higher so that I have a seedling station and a larger cab to work in underneath. I understand that I have infinite options but for the time being I want to get the most bang for my buck. Also this is going to be a soil grow, as most of the smoke I will be reaping will be smoked by me. Ive been getting some pretty bunk hydro lately and it really has tipped me towards just growing my own, to get the best quality. I am planning on employing lst to keep my plants short, putting 1 or 2 of em in each cab, and since Ill have 4 cabs I can use a couple to experiment with sog, maybe a flood table. Oh! and for the lights I planned on using a 7 way bulb extender! it is used in photography and readily available on good ol ebay for under 15 dollars! the catch: I was reaing that cfls put out most light from the side of the bulb. this would mean I would have to make a reflector, or should I just buy a socket extender that allows me to put the bulbs horizontally? any and all info/exp would be greatly appreciated, I've literally done as much research as I can beforehand, and still not 100% confident. I just want to hear some opinions from you guys, I know that some of you here actually try to stear noobs such as me in a better direction, and I know some of you roast the shit out of noobs for "not using the search function bro" so bring it on! lets hear it!
ps I have a 1000 watt hps and I would LOVE to hook it up but I dont have the space or the permission from the wife to use it, so Im considering selling it to fund this grow, should I save it for when I have the space?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help with first grow setup puleez [Re: NurturethePlantsYo] * 1
    #817316 - 07/24/16 06:39 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Woah.  Can't read a solid mass like that man.  Use paragraphs and punctuation

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineNurturethePlantsYo
Stranger
Re: Help with first grow setup puleez [Re: NurturethePlantsYo]
    #817525 - 07/28/16 05:21 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

My bad man. Trying to get as much info as possible before I take the plunge. Okay lemme start slow. My potential grow space is 2- 2x2x6 cubbies in my closet. Would it be more beneficial to cut those in half? Since I'm going to try using CFLs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale