Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesstevens
Stranger
Male or Female?
    #811400 - 04/20/16 06:49 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

is this plant a male or female?

What should I be prepared for next?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: Male or Female? [Re: sstevens]
    #811405 - 04/20/16 07:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Can't tell from those pics

I'm certain at thag stage, u can't get a pic good enough for us to be able to see the sex

It looks big enough tho. Look close

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Male or Female? [Re: Nevar44] * 1
    #811407 - 04/20/16 07:37 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:

I'm certain at thag stage, u can't get a pic good enough for us to be able to see the sex

Nevear44 do some reading!

That is def. a female! Look at all those hairs! Could be flowering already? Looks like its a little hungry. Maybe you should give it a little food.

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (04/20/16 07:40 PM)

Offlinesstevens
Stranger
Re: Male or Female? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #811408 - 04/20/16 07:43 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

Nevar44 said:

Nevear44 do some reading!

That is def. a female! Look at all those hairs! Could be flowering already? Looks like its a little hungry. Maybe you should give it a little food.

Thought so, thank you

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Male or Female? [Re: sstevens]
    #811418 - 04/20/16 09:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Lmfao I didn't look at all the pics I only looked at one. The one that shows the nodes... cause I didn't expect the tops to show sex.

It's obviously a female

I can tell the sex at this stage..

5-7 nodes, I can always tell. Just using a close eye. No need to put ur plants into flower to sex them either. Just leave them in veg. I can always tell the sex beofre the postal emerge. A day or two before. No magnifyting glass. Every time. The one in the pics happens to be a male and just showed sex today.

That plants definitely flowering or it wouldn't show sex like that.  The plant ONLY has calyxes like that on the top of the plant if it's in flower mode.

Not could be, it's definitely flowering.

Do some reading on increasing secondary plant metabolites, aka terpenes. Through stress

Lavendar growers use this method.

I'd say u put those plants on a flowering cycle to get them to show sex ya?

Edited by Nevar44 (04/20/16 10:03 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: Male or Female? [Re: Nevar44]
    #811426 - 04/21/16 03:52 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've been looking at your pics Nevar and I can't see the sex I'm still kinda stoned but what are you seeing that I'm not? I haven't even look for sex on my seedlings yet and they maybe 5ish nodes that would be great if I could sex them now I've always just waited for visible balls

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: Male or Female? [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #811434 - 04/21/16 08:15 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I get down on my hands and knees, and look super fucking close its a pain but I make it happen..

If u get the angle just right, u can see the tiny tiny sex node... it will have a swollen base and more rounded...

Otherwise it'll look slender and sleek. That's a female..

My pics I put up, u cannot see the sex in the pics... with how tiny the balls are I wouldn't be able to get a pic for a week or more

Ur plants are close, they're at the point where I would start checking every day for sex

Lol super close at the nodes... u will see nothing... no sex nodes yet... keep watching...

When u noticed little things growing in the node area, that u know are not branches... watch those little bumps close...

The first day they show they like to trick ya. The second or third day of the sex node showing and I can always tell the sex. Postal emerge in like 4-5 days or so they u always know no doubt

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/21/16 08:19 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811466 - 04/21/16 04:38 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

ah I see thanks man you don't need a magnifying glass but it would help I'm gonna play with my camera and see if I can get some pics when my lights come on

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811474 - 04/21/16 08:26 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

It would help, but u can't maneuver a big magnify glass to get a good look

Need a jewelers glass or scope not sure what they call em atm

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#811476 - 04/21/16 09:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

sorry to hijack but is this close enough? I can't make out anything better than that in person

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811477 - 04/21/16 10:07 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I can only see three nodes up..

Look.at nodes five and six and seven...

When I can see the sex, the sex part postal or balls is 1mm x 1mm in size at most prob smaller

Give em a week they'll be showing I'd say maybe less

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811485 - 04/21/16 11:30 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

The best pic I could get its a male

Thays node 5

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#811492 - 04/22/16 06:57 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baron_Samedi said:
sorry to hijack but is this close enough? I can't make out anything better than that in person

Man I dont see anything? Might be to early? when the plant starts to show its sex you will be able to see it really good with out any magnification. The plant has a set time in its life when it shows sex,the only way to push that is to cut back the light and flower it.A good way to do that is just take a clone and throw that in flower then you will know the sex of the plant.

:stayfunky:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811508 - 04/22/16 08:50 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Uggghhhhh

I disagree, u can tell the plants sex if u look closely. The sex can be decided a week prior to when the plants sex "is showing really good"...

By the time ur plants ready to clone, it'll show sex. And will have been showing sex for a week or more. Silly advice.

I can always sex my plants when they barely have any branching. Branches will be less than a inch commonly.

Soooo, no need to wait for a clone to take, root, then flower to decide sex. That's not practical totally impractical. Because ur plant won't be ready to clone until a week after its already showing sex so what'd be the point at that point lol.....???

Silly advice sorry

The one and only thing I'll agree on, is u DO NOT need a magnifying glass. That's correct.. in fact I said a magnifying glass wouldn't work well. That a jewelers loop would be better. However a jewelers loop isn't need either.

I always use my naked eye.

However some people don't have 20/20 vision soooooo it MIGHT help THEM

Bad advice budgrower, if u knew cannabis li ke u try to ACT like u do....

It would be totally obvious that those pics, don't even contain a picture of the proper node to determine sex... no way to determine the sex w those pics. Would need way better quality pics and pics of the fifth node sixth, and seventh possibly. Ur funny

I learned all this from my first grow too bud. Lots of learning to do yet. Tell ME to do some reading... lol. U need to pay closer attention to ur grows it seems might help u out. I read all day long my research never ends literally

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/22/16 08:59 AM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#811515 - 04/22/16 10:59 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Soooo, no need to wait for a clone to take, root, then flower to decide sex. That's not practical totally impractical. Because ur plant won't be ready to clone until a week after its already showing sex so what'd be the point at that point lol.....???

The clone doesnt have to be rooted to show sex! And sometimes its faster.

And wow thats not bad advice at all? But I guess you know better than me

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (04/22/16 11:02 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811516 - 04/22/16 11:22 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Point is....,

The plant shows sex, one week before u can take ANY clones man lol...

If ur looking close, everytime

So yes bad advice sry

What is the point in taking a clone for the purposes of sexing... or sexing earlier lol...

When the plant shows sex a week before u can have a branch long enough to clone...?????

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/22/16 11:23 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811517 - 04/22/16 11:30 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Here is a perfect example, this is the same plant I showed a pic of above. Showing its a male

No branches are even close to being able to clone.....

Point made.

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811518 - 04/22/16 11:33 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Males are also taller in general. If ur growing the same strain no other strains males tend to be taller and stretch more. It's extremely obvious w this lavendar kush the females don't stretch at all I mean at ALL. The males do strech. Now, growing diff strains side by side I've had males and females of the same height

I've spotted some males just on their Heights as little baby seedlings w barely any leaves. No bull shit.

Also, when checking the noded. Check every single node there is. Both sides of the plant. Front and back. And both sides... they do not show sex in every node in veg

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/22/16 11:35 AM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#811535 - 04/22/16 03:37 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nevar44 said:
Point is....,

The plant shows sex, one week before u can take ANY clones man lol...

If ur looking close, everytime

So yes bad advice sry

What is the point in taking a clone for the purposes of sexing... or sexing earlier lol...

When the plant shows sex a week before u can have a branch long enough to clone...?????

:callingbullshit: 

You can take clones when ever. You might want to wait till you get some branches but you can clone the top WTF.
Also plants dont show sex at a set time an  node. Alot of times i sex at the very top. I have a huge plant going right now still dont know the sex. Every strain is diff.

And please stop acting like you the green god or some shit.

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#811536 - 04/22/16 03:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Whats that ur calling bullshit on? Let's call in the trusted cultivators ask them if I'm full of shit. Someone please set this guy straight

Topping....

Never been for it,  not even an option in my book

I'm just correcting bad misleading info. I'm just making u look bad, and u don't like it. Sry about that. But what I've posted is true. Go verify it w whoever. I'm not acting likenthe green god. Ur acting like u know something and it's misleading.

I'm giving people including OP a better perspective on things

Maybe someone can come on here and correct me I'm sure they will if it's needed right?

U still don't know the sex of that huge plant cause u don't look close enough I bet

U sound silly man

It's common knowledge plants show sex at nodes 5-7 first in veg

Do some reading didn't ya say??

Edited by Nevar44 (04/22/16 04:04 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom