Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside)
    #807386 - 03/06/16 07:53 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

ive been a mcgregor fan from the start and last night was a huge defeat for both mcgregor and myself. he was like a little brother to me back in the day. he actually started training because of me.

diaz won fair and square and it is what it is, but i feel like something must be brought to light. an explanation if you will.

im not sure if any of you have noticed, but UFC is becoming bigger and bigger and the media LOVES any fighter on top. interviews and endorsements shoot through the roof. no longer are you a fighter, but an instant celebrity.

i know most of you do not know or understand what its like to be a celeb, but i do. 2 words... its tiring.

you have no time to do anything, let alone train. its hard to stay on a tough rough schedule when you have to attend certain events, or shows for an interview.

look at rousy...

when she was an up and coming she had all the time in the world to train.

my point is, once you get to the celeb fighter status, youre asking to be knocked back a few pegs.

all and all, both mcgregor and diaz won last night, but diaz won first.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAmanita86
Head Manager

Loc: Just south of down.
Re: mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside) [Re: poor boy]
    #807391 - 03/06/16 08:38 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

That's like music, you have all the time in the world to put together that first record.  Then you have to bang them out.  Let's not forget the Tyson phenomenon either, once you're on top the people want to see you fall.  Hella viscous cycle.

--------------------
It's not easy being green..:bouncysmoke:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside) [Re: Amanita86]
    #807394 - 03/06/16 09:11 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Agreed.

I thought mcgregor would be able to find that fine balance, but i kept seeing him in more and more shit.

I believe this is why aldo failed too.

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside) [Re: poor boy]
    #807397 - 03/06/16 09:58 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Shit common!!!

Rhonda lost cause she tried to beat Holm at Holms game trying to prove a point that she can strike when she should have taken the fight to the ground. She's better at the ground game then Misha Tate is and she has proven it against her twice already by beating her with arm-bars twice. Misha fights Rhonda and Rhonda is champ again.

Connor lost for the same reason he has no ground game. He did the exact same mistake Holm did. Panicked, tried to get up exposing his back and his neck. Huuuuuuuge mistake. Plus going up 25 lbs in weight wasn't much help. 

They had plenty of time to train all they did was talk about what they were doing in training camp before their fights and who they were sparing with. Let alone Diaz didn't know he was fighting till a week and a half ago.

Common man

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside) [Re: Magash]
    #807523 - 03/08/16 11:45 PM (8 years, 21 days ago)

Magash, I'm gonna use the fighter's first names too since the cool kids are doing it.
Conor has a very sound ground game, clearly not as good as his striking though, which is excellent. Conor is a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and he trains with Gunnar Nelson regularly. Nate is a very high level BJJ blackbelt and did well keeping Conor under control and working him into a submission. Now, Nate sounds like he's a fucking retard when he's talking. Seriously, that dude's brain damaged ass sounds like his tongue got stung by a bee. His technique on the ground however is very, very good. The way he sunk connor's chin into his choke with that strike to the head? Too fun to watch.

Conor used a similar (albeit successful) escape when he was fighting Chad Mendes. Starting at around :50 seconds left on the clock in the second round. Take a look,

Can I also point out that Mendes is a very good wrestler? That guillotine is his signature move. It's not like Conor pulled that on someone who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Nate probably saw this, McGregor vs. Mendes was only just last July. Nate clearly traps his leg, then his arm, to prevent him from doing what he did in this fight- providing Nate an opportunity to take his back.
Conor is good, Nate is way better, and Nate struck him hard before they ended up on the ground. Getting hit in the noggin has a way of slowing down people's thinking. I think that is why he tried to shoot for Nate to begin with, I don't think he was trying to prove anything. I think he was hurt and tried to shoot because his bell was rung and he didn't want to get knocked out. Either way, Conor is a cocky little fuck and I enjoyed watching him get ruined.

We can agree to disagree or whatever, I'm just putting my point of view out there. Although I'm definitely parroting a couple people here, I do agree with them.

ps- seriously, has anyone heard Nate talk, like, in an interview? Dude sounds like he's gonna be a mess when he's about 45, jesus christ.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside) [Re: SleepAid]
    #807537 - 03/09/16 05:28 AM (8 years, 21 days ago)

He is a full blown retard which is why i thought mcgregor had it. Im still a mc fan and im sure the rest of the year will be a blast to watch because you know damn well mc is coming back with a vengeance.

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
Re: mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside) [Re: poor boy] * 1
    #807543 - 03/09/16 06:33 AM (8 years, 21 days ago)

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: mcgregor vs diaz (spoiler inside) [Re: drawde]
    #807544 - 03/09/16 08:17 AM (8 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

drawde said:

Oh, weird, a vegan bringing up veganism. Imagine that. That explains his speech, poor guy has some kind of nutrient deficiency.

All bullshit jokes aside though, tons of vegan fighters out there, check out this list http://www.fuelforthefighter.com/the-fighter/

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder