Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMof
Male

Fan in light is defective
    #801405 - 12/14/15 05:04 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

it's a 3oowatt advance LED growlight really nice, but the fan is hitting something or off so it's making this low mechanical noise like a pump instead of the regular white noise
the thing is the knob's are electronically connected to the top so if you take the top off you have to unplug something but there's like a inch max of space, i don't even know how you'd go about connecting it back and I voided the warranty by opening it so I can't send it back in a month... maybe...

anyone ever buy a fan for this thing or know where to get some in person, it looks like a oscillating fan in your computer.. I can't figure out what wattage it uses
anyone ever take one apart? wish i could just sell it and buy a new one but i'm broke

Edited by Mof (12/14/15 05:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fan in light is defective [Re: Mof]
    #801415 - 12/14/15 06:14 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Call or email them, they'll send you a fan for free, sometimes even an extra fan or power supply if you needed one. Its an easy fix and they let you open it up for those sorts of things, Power supplies sometimes die out. I had some fan's break after 3 years, some after a few weeks. The last one I replaced because the fan fell off the motor, only to find out the one next to it had the outer case cracked somehow.

But basically its a PC fan I pulled a fan out of my computer to put in there while I waited. The one they send you will have the right connection on it. I think I might have had to use some electrical jumpers I had to plug it in.

When you take the top off you'll find some clips on the wires that attach to the lights. Disconnect all those and the light board with aluminum should separate from the top with all the fans and power supplies. I'd wait to get the replacement fan before opening it up though.

Make sure the power is disconnected before you open it. You can power up the top half without the lights to diagnose any problems but beware of any exposed wiring. 

What model do you have?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (12/14/15 06:16 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fan in light is defective [Re: phychotron]
    #801421 - 12/14/15 06:46 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

These things use red and blue led lights to get rid of zits on teenagers. You guys should put hid lights over the plants and charge teenagers to lie on your floor under your led lights.

:crazy2::minigun::crazy2:

Just busting the balls of the LED guys a little. :wink:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Fan in light is defective [Re: Magash]
    #801449 - 12/14/15 09:48 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

turns out it was just the vibrations going through the wall...
the fan does make a slight rattle noise though but it isn't audible with the door closed, I have a indica in this bureau, if you can actually beleive it I grew a sativa in there and came out with over an ounce, but it probably could have grown more if I rotated the plant:crazy:
it's a DS XTE 100

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #801460 - 12/15/15 05:08 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Its still an easy fix if you email them for a new one. Sometimes a wire falls into the blade and it will tap and rattle as it rubs.

You said 300watt LED in the first post but the XTE100 is like 95w. An ounce for a small light like that is pretty decent, but once you learn how to veg and trim perfectly for your flower room I'm sure you could double that.

a single low wattage fixture is the hardest to flower really well with. They don't have the intensity or area coverage for the densest, fullest buds.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMof
Male

#801547 - 12/16/15 11:34 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, maybe I'll try doing that next time. (is it called topping and bending?)

That's crazy about the wattage, I totally thought that thing was sucking up 300 watts. That's nuts I was mad paranoid about having it on so much because it's on the t.v. jack and it's only 95watts. I feel retarded.

I have this cut on the bureau and whenever a plant gets to that part, roughly a foot above the pot, I top the plant there.

Have you ever replaced a  fan in one of those lights, like I said there is no room to stick your fingers in there when it's unscrewed it seemed like

Edited by Mof (12/16/15 07:23 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #801554 - 12/16/15 12:56 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I top when its only a few inches, so the main branches connect as low as possible.

I haven't opened the XTE lights but email Advanced and they'll be able to tell you everything.

Advanced is one of the few companies that is honest about their wattage, its strange you thought it was using three times what it said. Basically the model numbers for the XTE 100, 200, 300 and 400 are close to their actual watts.

I had like 1500 watts in one outlet before, its not a good idea to load that much though one outlet for very long. The extension cord prong melted off into the outlet over time. 1200 is not as bad, but 1500 is too much.

--------------------

OfflineMof
Male

#801575 - 12/16/15 05:45 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I wish they took away a few colors and put the white light in the middle, so that the knobs could go on the side, but no one grows the way I do, the timing is just right.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Fan in light is defective [Re: Magash]
    #801799 - 12/18/15 07:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

These things use red and blue led lights to get rid of zits on teenagers. You guys should put hid lights over the plants and charge teenagers to lie on your floor under your led lights.

:crazy2::minigun::crazy2:

Just busting the balls of the LED guys a little. ;)

:happyweed:

LOL @ Magash!  Thats fucking hilarious man.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom