Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuancarlos
Stranger
New grower here!
    #799326 - 11/22/15 04:08 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys.
This is my first post, i am a new grower, i have zero experience with gardening and plants...however i have good experience cultivating mushroom.

I know that those questions were asked many times but everyone is different. I have an empty big room 4m high and would like to use it with an empty bathroom for growing.
I live in a dry hot climate.

Now i have a couple of questions:

I would like to grow sativa and indica...is it ok to grow sativa in this room as i dont have any problems with space?

How many seeds should i order as i can see that they are sold singularly (does this means that cannabis have a good germinating rate?) I am not going to deal and yet wanna make sure that ill get a few plants going?

Any recommended varities of both indica and sativa (if its ok in the first place to cultivate sativa indoor) for a noob grower?
And was thinking about an afghan var. For indica.
i am looking for yeilds and potency and wouldnt mind a fast growing plant too!

I am going to use 4 parts soil - 1 peatmoss - 1 Vermiculite - 1 perlite...what you think about this soil? I have coco peat too!
Should i sterelize em in the pressure cooker before using or i am going to kill the nutrients in the soil and peatmoss?

How many fans should i run in the room?

Any other recommendations? Books, tips sites, a better way to use this room...etc...
Currently i am reading marijuana horticulture by cervantes.

Thank you so much for your help...much appriciated

Edited by juancarlos (11/22/15 04:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New grower here! [Re: juancarlos]
    #799339 - 11/22/15 08:07 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I would like to grow sativa and indica...is it ok to grow sativa in this room as i dont have any problems with space

They have very different growth patterns and flowering times so study up on the two. There gonna be a pain in the ass to grow in same grow room or flowering room.

Quote:

How many seeds should i order as i can see that they are sold singularly (does this means that cannabis have a good germinating rate?) I am not going to deal and yet wanna make sure that ill get a few plants going?

By them in the packs of 10 it will cost you way less.

Quote:

Any recommended varities of both indica and sativa (if its ok in the first place to cultivate sativa indoor) for a noob grower?
And was thinking about an afghan var. For indica.
i am looking for yeilds and potency and wouldnt mind a fast growing plant too!

Go with what ya like cause everybody is gonna give you a different answer.

Quote:

I am going to use 4 parts soil - 1 peatmoss - 1 Vermiculite - 1 perlite...what you think about this soil? I have coco peat too!
Should i sterelize em in the pressure cooker before using or i am going to kill the nutrients in the soil and peatmoss?

Skip the peat-moss add 2 parts perlite and 1 verm. Drainage is the most important thing.

Can't tell ya how many fans to use without knowing the dimensions of the entire room, what kind of lights your gonna use and how many of them and so on..........

and for new grower this is prob the best

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinejuancarlos
Stranger
Re: New grower here! [Re: Magash]
    #799353 - 11/23/15 01:48 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

so should i grow each one of em separately or you mean make a room for growing and another for flowering and it doesnt matter which strain i am growing with wich?

should i sterilize the soil?

why do we use fan in the first place? why do i need air circulation in my growing room!?

thank you so much magash

Edited by juancarlos (11/23/15 03:09 AM)

Invisiblesweetpea
Loc: pnw
    #799370 - 11/23/15 10:40 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

It would really just be best if you did some research on your own. The answers to most of your questions can be easily found with a quick Google search. As for sterilizing soil, it releases toxins at too high of a tempature, so if you decide to go that route, be aware of that and the difference between pasteurization and sterilization.

Offlinejuancarlos
Stranger
Re: New grower here! [Re: sweetpea] * 1
    #799372 - 11/23/15 10:43 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Lol thanks man....and no i am not this guy...just downloaded the recommended book...gonna read it.
and i think this forum is for helping cultivators.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #799382 - 11/23/15 01:56 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

juancarlos said:
so should i grow each one of em separately or you mean make a room for growing and another for flowering and it doesnt matter which strain i am growing with wich?

should i sterilize the soil?

why do we use fan in the first place? why do i need air circulation in my growing room!?

thank you so much magash

You'd be better off with separate flowering rooms, I also would go with a veg room as well.

And the fans inside the room help the plant build stronger limbs, and stalks.  Also keeps fresh air moving across the leaves so they have fresh air to breath.
The exhaust fans are for removing heat from the room as well as keeping the air in the room itself fresh.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinejuancarlos
Stranger
Re: New grower here! [Re: Stoneth]
    #799396 - 11/23/15 03:18 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

So you suggest  room for veg sativa and another for indica.
And another 2 separate rooms for flowering.
Thats four rooms! Lol

What do you think about sterilizing the soil in jars inside a pressure cooker.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #799397 - 11/23/15 03:26 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I meant three rooms.  One for veg to get them going strong.  Then two flowering rooms, one for sativa, and one for indica.

I'm the wrong guy to ask soil questions.  That stuff hates me.:lol:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblesweetpea
Re: New grower here! [Re: Stoneth]
    #799427 - 11/23/15 06:19 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

The main problems you'll run into when flowering indicas and sativas in the same room are going to be differing heights and flowering times. totally doable, though! you could try some low stress training to manage height and keep the canopy even.

Sterilizing the soil isnt necessary, that and you should probably avoid heating soil much over 180F. You can and probably should pasteurize it if you're worried about fungus gnats or common problems often acquired from new soil. Seedling mix should be pretty sterile out of the bag. Are you planning to grow with organic or chem nutes? Just realized my phone changed nutes to notes, haha. Fixed that. :laugh:

Edited by sweetpea (11/24/15 06:12 PM)

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: New grower here! [Re: sweetpea] * 1
    #800600 - 12/06/15 09:51 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

When it comes to soil I personally prefer a "soiless" mix so that you can adjust PH to the levels you choose and add nutrients as you want.  I run ProMix HP and the HP stands for High Perlite which is just a better overall soil to run.  Most people can add organic nutrients into their soiless mixtures for what we soil growers call a "super soil mix".  When you run a super soil its better because it allows your plants to absorb and feed at their own pace rather than feeding only when you water which gives them limited time to feed off the nutrients in the soil.  Read up on organic super soil mixtures and play around with it.  Once you find the perfect ratios you will have the smoothest and best tasting smoke around for sure!  Best of luck on your grow.

Invisiblesweetpea
Re: New grower here! [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #800606 - 12/07/15 01:43 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yay super soil! :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder