Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineUnsureE
Stranger
 User Gallery
candy/cookie recipe
    #772686 - 03/18/15 05:34 AM (9 years, 13 days ago)

So I've been reading some recipes on here and online and I wasn't sure how to get the best results... Is it better to use cannabutter with bho/tincture or cannabutter alone? Also how much butter would I use if I just used butter to get a good buzz off a piece of candy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Re: candy/cookie recipe [Re: UnsureE]
    #772803 - 03/19/15 03:19 AM (9 years, 12 days ago)

I like to use coconut oil because its mostly saturated fat that is suppose to extract more cannabinoids than butter  or other oils.

Piece of candy? like hard candy? I like to make brownies in muffin tins to get a hard crunchy shell with a soft fudge center. I use silicone liners, not paper as it sticks to the brownie. Two family size boxes of Fudge Brownies will make 24 muffin sized brownies using 1 cup of oil.

A package of cookie mix uses 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of oil and is easier to make. Having a bunch of small units makes it easier to eat them and gauge your dose.

To start try an eight of bud for a cup of oil/butter and see if that's strong enough for you. If not, try a quarter per cup.

My coconut oil method is vague outlined in my journal -  here.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineUnsureE
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: candy/cookie recipe [Re: phychotron]
    #772806 - 03/19/15 05:28 AM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Nice and do you have any hard candy recipes? I read your oil journal but what was all the almond oil, shae butter and rosemary and all that other shit for? Also did you use trim or straight buds?

InvisibleP-O

#772814 - 03/19/15 08:49 AM (9 years, 12 days ago)

I save all my vaped weed for cookies

I agree with phychotron about using coconut oil (Way better then butter) i do the dosage .5 - 1gm per cookie.  1 gram tends to be too strong for most!

I just did a candy batch with some killer dabs recently.  Each candy was 80-100mgs.

basically how i did it was:

-Set up a double boiler

-put a oz or so of 46.5 rum with the shatter, mix till the oil dissolves in the run (this took longer then i thought).  Took lots of mixing tho!! 

-then i melted green apple jolly ranchers in the double boiler, and mixed mixed mixed (takes a while for them to melt down)

-then my wife slowly dripped the thc jolly mix onto a candy tray ($4 a bulk barn).  If i would have done this step, it would have been a massive mess...

-cool in freezer

- we added powder sugar on them after to avoid sticking

Notes:

-At room temp they tend to have to the consistisy of chewy gummy bears (not hard candy).  This is because of the rum that was added.  So i kept em in the freezer.

-I found 1 candy a lil weak (i like to really feel it),  2 candies was perfect.  a good 5hr high...  my wife said 2 candies made her "too couch locked"

-the taste was AMAZING

InvisibleP-O

Re: candy/cookie recipe [Re: P-O]
    #772815 - 03/19/15 09:14 AM (9 years, 12 days ago)

how i make cookies:

-weigh out (vaped?) weed

-dissolve coconut oil in a small  pot

-add the weed

-mix for 10-15mins (keep temp pretty low with coconut oil)

-strain with a metal mesh strainer (hot oil may melt plastics)

-mix in a premade cookie mix(in a glass bowl or something that wont melt).  I like the betty crocker chocolate chip ready mix bags at the supermarket

- make the cookies like you normally do (add your coconut oil instead of the oil they ask for)

- If u used more oil then the recipe asked for be careful not to burn em (i burnt my last ones)

-cool, and sample

-1gm per cookie was my norm for the longest time, but everyone said they were too strong.... so now i try and use .5-.7 each

PICS:

People will say "you need to decarb first... or you need to simmer for a hour or 2.... or you need to water filter it " etc (niteowl!)

Fuck that... my cookies get me and MANY others high as fuck.  There are plenty of ways to do it, this easy tec works perfect for me.:thumbup:

Edited by P-O (03/19/15 09:23 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#772834 - 03/19/15 01:27 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

UnsureE said:
Nice and do you have any hard candy recipes? I read your oil journal but what was all the almond oil, shae butter and rosemary and all that other shit for? Also did you use trim or straight buds?

that stuff was just in the batch of photos I uploaded, but mostly for salves and balms. I used trim and trimmy buds. Also used way too much bud for the amount of oil I used. I went to get more from the store but they were sold out of coconut oil at the time.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (03/19/15 01:28 PM)

OfflineUnsureE
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #772839 - 03/19/15 02:39 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Nice born2lose I like the idea of reusing the vaped bud. So for your candies you think if you didn't add the rum they woulda came out hard? I guess it doesn't really matter but my friend was telling me he tried butterscotch candies before so I just wanted try different methods cuz I read about making gummy bears and shit..... But when you use .5 -.7g per cookie/brownie are you measuring the finished coconut oil? So I would need a good amount of oil to make a decent size batch? Also I know u said you don't need to decarb first but if I did, do you think I would end up with a more potent oil so I could use like .3-.5g per cookie?

InvisibleP-O

#772846 - 03/19/15 03:03 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Nice born2lose I like the idea of reusing the vaped bud.

fuck ya never toss your vaped weed,  its still full of cannabinoids

Im po btw, and deserve a +5 for helpin you out :pimp3:

Quote:

So for your candies you think if you didn't add the rum they woulda came out hard? I guess it doesn't really matter but my friend was telling me he tried butterscotch candies before so I just wanted try different methods cuz I read about making gummy bears and shit.....

ya if i didnt add anything it would rehardend i bet.  i didnt want one candy to be SUPER strong, and the rest to be weak, so i needed to get the shatter to dissolve proper

Quote:

But when you use .5 -.7g per cookie/brownie are you measuring the finished coconut oil?

nope weigh weed before... say your using 10 grams, and you want .5 per cooker.  Then make 20 cookies... 10grams / 20cookies = .5 each

Quote:

So I would need a good amount of oil to make a decent size batch?

na you can buy small tubs at most grocery stores.... they are kinda expensive tho.  but one small tub will do lots of batches.  You dont need lots of coconut oil.  I usually do a lil more then the recipe asks for.  (cup or so)

Quote:

Also I know u said you don't need to decarb first but if I did, do you think I would end up with a more potent oil so I could use like .3-.5g per cookie?

Well i only decarb if im not gonna heat it (i decarb'd my tincture first).  But How i see it, if ur simmering it on the stove in coconut oil why cook it twice.... its decarbing when your cookin it in the oil IMO.

Some people like to decarb first, and thats fine.... to each their own.

Edited by P-O (03/19/15 03:10 PM)

InvisibleP-O

#772848 - 03/19/15 03:07 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Quote:

UnsureE said:

that stuff was just in the batch of photos I uploaded, but mostly for salves and balms. I used trim and trimmy buds. Also used way too much bud for the amount of oil I used. I went to get more from the store but they were sold out of coconut oil at the time.

buyin coconut oil in the stores is expensive bro.

In my house we go through it super fast, we use it everyday for cooking and more.  So i buy 8lb tubs online

I actually JUST got a new tub in the mail today :thumbup:

http://www.rawnutrition.ca/en/raw-foods/coconut-oil

this is the site i use for my tubs (its canadian, but im sure there is cheap American ones)

OfflineUnsureE
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #772849 - 03/19/15 03:14 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Pyschotron be making his own lotion! Lol that's cool but if it's not too much to ask do you think you could breakdown your journal a lil more for my slow mind? Like the benefit of decarboxylating and what temp to start decarb at. And what bud to oil ratio you use I know you said start with a eighth for a cup to see how I like it, but what do you personally do and maybe a step by step? Like mix bud and oil and put in oven for _ amount of time at _ temp and how to reclaim the "lost" oil in the left over bud. I'm just a little unsure but I love the way your shit turned out (by the looks of it) and kinda wanna learn a lil from you..

OfflineUnsureE
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #772866 - 03/19/15 04:21 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Hah I never even saw it said PO, how much oil would you use for ten grams?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#772867 - 03/19/15 04:23 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

P-O said:

In my house we go through it super fast, we use it everyday for cooking and more.  So i buy 8lb tubs online

this is the site i use for my tubs (its canadian, but im sure there is cheap American ones)

Your paying WAY too much for your coconut oil.

Organic @$49 a gallon
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/oils/extra-virgin-coconut-oil-organic.html

Fractionated @ $27 a gallon (liquid, medium chain triglycerides), just got a gallon, shipping was like $12.
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/oils/fractionated-coconut-oil-mct-medium-chain-triglycerides.html

Regular 76 degree melt @ 14/gallon or $60 for 5.
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/oils/coconut-oil-76-degree.html

I found that site after ordering from another site that I had ordered glycerine from before. Turns out that I had ordered hydrogenated coconut oil that melted somewhere in the 90's. that's why that big chuck I put in was super white. Its edible but from a candle making place that would benefit from the higher temperature for candle making. I didn't realize it at the time or I would have sourced it somewhere else. After I had everything in the pot I realized there was too much bud and tried to buy more at the store last minute.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

#772868 - 03/19/15 04:35 PM (9 years, 12 days ago)

I might add to it later, not sure. Google decarboxylation and you'll find plenty of results I'm sure.

My next venture is going to be making some natural plant dye out of the plant material. All that brown nasty stuff you pour out with the water can be boiled down to a concentrated dye. It can be done with most any plant material.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#772869 - 03/19/15 05:26 PM (9 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Quote:

P-O said:

Your paying WAY too much for your coconut oil.

Organic @$49 a gallon
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/oils/extra-virgin-coconut-oil-organic.html

Fractionated @ $27 a gallon (liquid, medium chain triglycerides), just got a gallon, shipping was like $12.
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/oils/fractionated-coconut-oil-mct-medium-chain-triglycerides.html

Regular 76 degree melt @ 14/gallon or $60 for 5.
http://www.bulkapothecary.com/raw-ingredients/oils/coconut-oil-76-degree.html

I found that site after ordering from another site that I had ordered glycerine from before. Turns out that I had ordered hydrogenated coconut oil that melted somewhere in the 90's. that's why that big chuck I put in was super white. Its edible but from a candle making place that would benefit from the higher temperature for candle making. I didn't realize it at the time or I would have sourced it somewhere else. After I had everything in the pot I realized there was too much bud and tried to buy more at the store last minute.

Ya im paying 69USD(Free shipping) for a gallon, That site is 49$USD(+shipping), I wouldnt say i pay "WAY too much".. You should see the cost in the grocery store here :facepalm:

Thanks for the link tho, i wonder how much they will charge me for shipping to Canada.  If its reasonable I'll prob order off this site, i go through a gallon tub every 6 months

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale